Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

More curious than anything, no order in yet but these are at the top of my list for 2021.
I was lucky enough to order on pre-order day and received mine a week later. I do know there website says delays.

My set shipped, but now it’s stuck in FedEx purgatory. Man, I really want these in hand with all the love they are getting around here.
Hopefully FedEx gets you taken care of soon!!!
Was looking like I would have a chance to get out this weekend, but has to be 40 for our course to open and not sure if they will or not.

Oh man..... My order for 5-PW modus 105x went in yesterday.... seeing some of yall wait this long hurts haha. I'm so excited for these to come. Was looking at possible recoils, but the 105 just fit me so well.

@BigDill, when you get yours and mine come in, just travel on up here and we can share the srixon fun together.... weird? eh

What are the current lead-times given?

I'm in Canada so idk if its the same for people in the states but they said 15-20 days before it ships, but I'm guessing it will be longer

Oh man..... My order for 5-PW modus 105x went in yesterday.... seeing some of yall wait this long hurts haha. I'm so excited for these to come. Was looking at possible recoils, but the 105 just fit me so well.

@BigDill, when you get yours and mine come in, just travel on up here and we can share the srixon fun together.... weird? eh
I may be able to make that happen. I would like another shot at a few of those courses now that I know how to swing a club.

For those of you still waiting for your orders, do not lose hope. I just got shipping confirmation for my combo set with Recoil 95 F4. Ordered on 1/18 via Discount Dan’s, and should be here next Tuesday.

Did this include a ZX5 in the 5i?

Checked out the new ZX lineup! The ZX5 was impressive! Chunky, but a good looking iron!
030B77F1-F870-4B77-AF65-2BD83994BF98.jpeg8697327E-C963-4530-8B96-13AB73411907.jpeg261D8BFF-69D1-480F-BE72-B87455436821.jpegBA673264-6903-4079-887A-421D248915DB.jpeg0681F2E9-DD36-47D1-B36D-6AC43B222C51.jpeg12B336E2-D8CE-452E-8473-EF161310AFD0.jpeg

I miss these clubs. I might have to put the special shafts in the them, so I feel guilty about making the them sit the bench for a newer release, and take them out.

i might be bias, but the ZX7 has to be one of the best looking irons on the market

its just so simple and clean

I feel like the Modus 120 S is one of the most universally appreciated shafts around. Fits a LOT of people pretty well. Pretty natural match for them too.

Personally the 120 is a rough match. The soft butt and very stiff tip design is the opposite profile of what I tend to get along with. If you have a smooth transition, its a nice shaft. I have a habit of getting out of sorts in transition.

I would actually say the modus 125 is more the every mans shaft. It is basically the Dynamic Gold profile with a smidge stiffer tip.

I feel like the Modus 120 S is one of the most universally appreciated shafts around. Fits a LOT of people pretty well. Pretty natural match for them too.

it really is one of the best performing steel shafts i’ve ever tried.

I was able to get out and hit the 7 iron yesterday for about 10 shots. Amazing how good these irons feel after not playing for 3 weeks. Plenty workable if needed and with the Modus 120 I was getting a nice medium high ball flight. I’m ready to get out and play again but look like another week to wait

I tested the ZX5s last weekend. I really liked them. I'm trying to decide on what shafts to get. Once I make that decision, I'll order. Anyone have any suggestions for a steel shaft, reg flex, mid kickpoint? I'm probably a 18-24 handicap. I've never tried to actually keep track of what my handicap is but I might do it this season.

Finally got the ZX5's back out on the course after 6 weeks of weather delays. Hadn't swung a club during the time away and was a little worried that these wouldn't be as good or as easy to use as I remembered. 135 into the first green, thought I would just smooth in a 8 iron as I had no idea what the swing was doing and I buttoned it 145 just left of the back of the green. Even though the swing wasn't tight the ZX5's kept me on track for the rest of the day, I have them in the stock Modus 105 S and I suspect as mentioned in an earlier post they like a smooth transition and today first day back that was me. The VT sole is also my favourite thing the interaction with the turf and the quality of strike that follows is absolutely addictive!:love: Fingers crossed for good weather and I can get them back out again later in the week.

For those of you still waiting for your orders, do not lose hope. I just got shipping confirmation for my combo set with Recoil 95 F4. Ordered on 1/18 via Discount Dan’s, and should be here next Tuesday.
Did your order include a ZX5 5i? I heard they had been backordered?
Thank you!

Did your order include a ZX5 5i? I heard they had been backordered?
Thank you!

Yup my split is: ZX5 5i and 6i, ZX7 7-P. I did also hear the reports of them being backordered, but maybe I got my order in before they ran out?

Look what showed up today.

16550C42-189C-4E39-8D44-EACFDD643B3E.jpeg

I will be getting these on the course tomorrow. Has been a month since I played last.

Man it's been a long time since I swung a club! With the knee surgeon just giving me the green light last week, I was excited.

Well, didn't realize how much my quad, hammy, and calves had shrunk over the past 7 months. Needs a lot of work still as my mind wouldn't trust the knee.

They felt fabulous and couldn't really judge much as there was a 15mph wind into me left to right. I had my gamers with me too and it seemed they may be a touch longer, just a guess. At least had a baseline for flight and shape to go off of.

I do need to take them in and get them 2° flat as that was also showing up. Going to swap out the grips too. Felt really good on clean strikes and do sound different than my gamers obviously but not a bad thing.

Really odd looking down at an iron that's not dark it's been so long. I see a lot of ebony and silvery competition in the warmer days ahead.

Just fun to get out and swing clubs again and motivation to boot. Darn good looking clubs!

Back