The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Anyone else been thinking about the MC all weekend?
I am not sure that there has been a day since being picked last year that I haven’t thought about some aspect of the MC. Very excited to see it coming back.

Serious question. If you threw your name in and got selected...is it bad form to throw your name in on the other?
I think I could make both happen if I got selected...just don't want to be an a-hole.
If i was selected for the MC, I doubt i would put my name in for another event all year, well except for the Santa exchange or a drawing maybe. The MC or Grandaddy would be such a big time, why would i take a chance on a slot for another event when someone else could enjoy the THP experience

Last edited:
So much goodness happening on the forum right now. Definitely want to be a part of this one!

I am not sure that there has been a day since being picked last year that I haven’t thought about some aspect of the MC. Very excited to see it coming back.

I can appreciate where you’re coming from. I have thought about the MC every day since I received notice of my selection back in November of 2019. Not being able to make the journey to Vegas last year has only increased my interest in the MC. To be honest, I am hoping for fulfillment in 2021 - to complete the journey I was unable to take in 2020. Doesn’t matter if its Hackers or Paradise.

Last edited:
If i was selected for the MC, I doubt i would put my name in for another event all year, well except for the Santa exchange or a drawing maybe. The MC or Grandaddy would be such a big time, why would i take a chance on a slot for another event when someone else could enjoy the THP experience

Yeah, I think I figured out it would be bad form. I'm not going to do that.

Yeah it was 2018 for me but that weekend sticks with me. Such a special event!

Love seeing this one come up!
Looking forward to watching to see who will take it down.

Cobra didn't have Putters in 2018. Can't wait to see their new ones in some THPer's hands

This is what I wait for every year.

Last edited:
For those who are new to THP or haven't followed along with the Morgan Cup before, here are links to the Live Update threads from the past 3 years. Fun reads, and they show exactly how special and magical this event truly is!:

2020 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

2019 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

2018 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

The 2018 thread is especially both hilarious and poignant, as it marked the final Morgan Cup appearance of Puttin4Bird (RIP), who was a beloved, cherished and awesome member of THP. I never even got to meet Jake personally, but I still love the guy with all my heart and am saddened to this day by his passing. I'd give a lot of things to be able to go back in time and participate in an event with him, he obviously brought the fun in bucketloads!

Last edited:
Yes yes yes!!! Vegas! This is incredible news, and already bouncing. C'mon Hackers :love:

Great course choice wanted to check that when out when I was there last

A quick timeline for those following along.

Signups will be coming in early March.
Equipment ordering will come at the beginning of April.
Equipment will begin arriving shortly after that.

Signs of a little bit of normalcy here in 2021!

this happens to align perfectly with my schedule:drinks:

Thanks for keeping us updated. I assume Cobra is having a tough time since they lost product in the bottom of the Pacific. Crazy last 12 months for the golf industry.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I assume Cobra is having a tough time since they lost product in the bottom of the Pacific. Crazy last 12 months for the golf industry.

Im not sure I would state that as fact

For those who are new to THP or haven't followed along with the Morgan Cup before, here are links to the Live Update threads from the past 3 years. Fun reads, and they show exactly how special and magical this event truly is!:

2020 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

2019 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

2018 Morgan Cup - Sponsored by Cobra Golf

The 2018 thread is especially both hilarious and poignant, as it marked the final Morgan Cup appearance of Puttin4Bird (RIP), who was a beloved, cherished and awesome member of THP. I never even got to meet Jake personally, but I still love the guy with all my heart and am saddened to this day by his passing. I'd give a lot of things to be able to go back in time and participate in an event with him, he obviously brought the fun in bucketloads!
I was lucky to get to meet Jake and one of my favorite moments of the whole weekend was with him.
|
For anyone who's new here The MC is Special not because of the Gear (Which is Awesome) but the People you share the event with. 2 teams coming together but in all reality its 16 THPers coming together for one Amazing weekend.
JB + Morgan and the Crew from CPG really do an amazing job!

Good morning all - I wanted to share some photos of the drivers and irons that I saw yesterday. While my oldest daughter was getting fit for some new clubs - I had visions of the MC and what set I might choose if I had the honor. I didn't have a chance to hit them - but regardless of the MC, I'll be making an "appointment" down the road to test them out.

The RadSpeed Driver heads really look amazing. TBH - I've never really given Cobra much of a look when looking for new clubs - especially drivers. That will change moving forward. The RadSpeed Driver looks to me like it has a smaller more compact head which I'm ok with as I wonder if heads are getting a bit too big to control for many. Based on the information I'd probably go towards the RadSpeed versus the RDX as I need a lower spin. What I found really interesting is the face of the club. There are small grooves which look milled into the face - all directed toward the center of the face.
IMG_6627.jpgIMG_6634.jpg

I was also able to pick up and handle 3 of the different irons. I really liked the look and feel of the King Tour MIM however I wouldn't eliminate the RadSpeed Irons as the 3D printing looks amazing. In the photos, you can see the internal 3d printing which makes it very real in that it's now in your face. The Ricky Proto head was there and man it looks sick in real life. Tho as a blade I'm not sure I'd be comfortable swinging it. Overall I like the feel (weighting in my hand) and the top line look of the King Tour.
IMG_6628.jpgIMG_6629.jpg
IMG_6630.jpgIMG_6631.jpg

Top line view of King Tour vs. RadSpeed.
IMG_6632.jpg

Overall I was very impressed with what I saw and felt. Can't wait to hear about THPers experiences for those that get chosen for the MC. Good luck all.

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpg
    IMG_6628.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1
I'm back from a relaxing getaway and just catching up. Love all the excitement for the Morgan Cup already!! Can't wait to see who will be joining the teams this year.

March is coming in HOT!!

Dang it, you do some actual work for a change and you miss amazing announcements like this. Hopefully I don't miss the signup announcement. I've been crazy busy lately at work.

Back