Tour Striker Plane Mate

Not sure how I feel about this thing.

Used mine to warm up on Sunday. Got me into form quick.
With having a sim in my house and not golfing everyday like summer. I like this to get the "feel" back of my swing before a round.
I like the way it helps me sequence everything, and kind of forces you to do that. I like to think of it as engaging the body rotation.

right, I keep seeing this thread and thinking it would be really helpful for my swing. Then debate awhile about how dumb it looks. Then end up not getting it.

right, I keep seeing this thread and thinking it would be really helpful for my swing. Then debate awhile about how dumb it looks. Then end up not getting it.
Haha, it may look dumb. But, it really helps ingrain some good feels through the swing.

Days 1-2 were somewhat of a struggle. Day 3-4 were a lot of fun. Thats when I really felt the benefit of this tool. Said to myself "hmm...this could really be something".

I purchased this mainly to work on pitching/wedges and I have full confidence this will help me.

Days 1-2 were somewhat of a struggle. Day 3-4 were a lot of fun. Thats when I really felt the benefit of this tool. Said to myself "hmm...this could really be something".

I purchased this mainly to work on pitching/wedges and I have full confidence this will help me.
I just got through day 2, day 2's single arm was a workout haha

Used mine to warm up on Sunday. Got me into form quick.
With having a sim in my house and not golfing everyday like summer. I like this to get the "feel" back of my swing before a round.
It is a great tool to help keep you sequenced, and moving properly. Maintain muscle memory (I call it movement memory).

I just got through day 2, day 2's single arm was a workout haha
Wait to you get into the red band exercises.. you def feel it in your forearms.

You pitching and chipping will improve as you progress through the first seven day protocols, day three protocol being significant in this area. I still after about 10 months, begin my range sessions with the day 3 protocol. The rotation and sequencing this builds helps you become so much more consistent with your pitching contact and distance control, as you can control those with how much turn and rotation.

Anyone have one they aren't using? they want to sell?

I dusted mine off and will be doing day3 protocol today. Part of my offseason resolution is to stick with it!

Up until today I have done all of the protocols hitting into my net. I was able to get out to our field and do some 50 yard pitch shots. WOW! This is going too be a fun spring. Loving the trajectory and consistency with this thing.

I just got mine today. Thanks to @sabig27.
I did the first days protocol and I am going to try and do this 5 days a week.
I am going to try and follow the protocol. That being said when I was done with day 1, I made 2 backswings and I could definitely feel the club shallow. But now I will just work on the steps without skipping. lol

I shall post updates.

Here's to hoping to play better golf and putting the work in.

I just got mine today. Thanks to @sabig27.
I did the first days protocol and I am going to try and do this 5 days a week.
I am going to try and follow the protocol. That being said when I was done with day 1, I made 2 backswings and I could definitely feel the club shallow. But now I will just work on the steps without skipping. lol

I shall post updates.

Here's to hoping to play better golf and putting the work in.
It is not an overnight fix, like anything worth doing it takes time and you will learn and make discoveries on how this device will help you specifically as you continue with the protocols. I have been pretty dedicated to using this, and am going on about a year with it. I don't do all the protocols anymore, but I have found the ones I use during my warm ups, and the ones I use to maintain now that I am in the offseason. Now I am using a few different protocols/bands hitting into my net to maintain rotation and tempo and the red band (for strength and flexibility training not that the ground is covered with snow and I am not playing or getting to the range much this month). Good Luck! Looking forward to hear how you do with it.

It is not an overnight fix, like anything worth doing it takes time and you will learn and make discoveries on how this device will help you specifically as you continue with the protocols. I have been pretty dedicated to using this, and am going on about a year with it. I don't do all the protocols anymore, but I have found the ones I use during my warm ups, and the ones I use to maintain now that I am in the offseason. Now I am using a few different protocols/bands hitting into my net to maintain rotation and tempo and the red band (for strength and flexibility training not that the ground is covered with snow and I am not playing or getting to the range much this month). Good Luck! Looking forward to hear how you do with it.
Thanks, I am not looking for a quick fix. I Plan to keep to the protocols and just from the short time I can see but I really felt it having the tension.

Peace

Since I got my webcam recording me do sim rounds, I've noticed my swing is quite sloppy, so I think I will re-start the protocols, and maybe record them just to see if I can improve on that.

Since I got my webcam recording me do sim rounds, I've noticed my swing is quite sloppy, so I think I will re-start the protocols, and maybe record them just to see if I can improve on that.
One place I have felt the TS planemate has been really helpful is getting me into better backswing positions. I will often use video with the PM to check my positions, especially when my swing feels off.

Some training aids work for some people and not for others. I think the only way to know is actually try it.

Right now I'm training with True Motion. I'm disinclined to do anything to mess with that, so I'm not even swinging my Orange Whip right now. (Actually, at this point in my training, I'm not swinging anything right now.) But at some point I expect I'll acquire one of these things. True Motion recommends them and, in fact, has an affiliate link to them in their store. I will work with them to determine when I should start working with it.

Some training aids work for some people and not for others. I think the only way to know is actually try it.

Right now I'm training with True Motion.
Such a true statement. I have heard good things about True Motion, and I have seen others have success with the G-Box as well. Dedication and self assessment are key!

Well I figured I would start over, and video myself to see how I did. I think I did ok, I was using a 58 degree, and maybe was a little fast on the first part, and maybe didn't come back quite far enough on the second. I'll go through all the 7 protocols that are free to view on his website. I'll do the second one tonight.

have a hard time with the one handed swings with my left arm in day 2. I've messed up my rotator cuff in hockey, and it pretty much always aches a little.
I noticed the band got a little loose on some of my backswings for the longer shots. Something to work on.
I played a round on the sim after, all my irons were like 1 club longer once I was warmed up. Could it be the planemate? hard to say, but I don't think my swing was as sloppy during that round, so maybe a little help.

I totally forgot about the one handed swings. I use mine mostly for 3/4 and 1/2 shots. If you can't get those right, why bother going full swing yet?

I totally forgot about the one handed swings. I use mine mostly for 3/4 and 1/2 shots. If you can't get those right, why bother going full swing yet?
Its not that I can't get them right, its that it hurts when I use my left arm for them. Band a little loose on one or two isn't a complete fail using a pw to hit 30-60 yard shots not using a tempo I use in game, as in the exercise to get further distance, just increase tempo. Pretty sure I can move on, what do you see that makes you say that? I'd like to know if I'm failing horribly.

Last edited:
Its not that I can't get them right, its that it hurts when I use my left arm for them. Band a little loose on one or two isn't a complete fail using a pw to hit 30-60 yard shots not using a tempo I use in game, as in the exercise to get further distance, just increase tempo. Pretty sure I can move on, what do you see that makes you say that? I'd like to know if I'm failing horribly.

The full swing is just a longer version of the half swing, right? So if you don't have it down with the half swing, how would the full swing be better? It's kinda like the learning to walk before you run. Once you start making the longer swings, it's a bit human nature to want to see how far you can hit it etc. I'm 1000% as guilty as the next person with that. It's even harder for me since I have good weather all year round. If I were in the snow, oh man.. I'd do nothing but hit little pitch shots and then take it outside when there was grass again, see how it looks. Then go from there. That's just personal opinion though.

The full swing is just a longer version of the half swing, right? So if you don't have it down with the half swing, how would the full swing be better? It's kinda like the learning to walk before you run. Once you start making the longer swings, it's a bit human nature to want to see how far you can hit it etc. I'm 1000% as guilty as the next person with that. It's even harder for me since I have good weather all year round. If I were in the snow, oh man.. I'd do nothing but hit little pitch shots and then take it outside when there was grass again, see how it looks. Then go from there. That's just personal opinion though.
Full swing isn't just a longer version with the planemate. Those half swings, there is no relax part to it. The band is tight, full swing there is a relax where the club comes more from the inside than on those partial swings if I'm not mistaken. But I've been wrong before. lol
And there is no way I'd go 7 weeks without playing a round on my sim haha. It's a 7 day protocol, not months protocol.

Last edited:
@SHIFTY those look good. No reason not to move on. You can always revisit or come back and work on a protocol at anytime that you think you need to practice. Like the regular golf swing, you will have days with the Plain,ate that feel better than others. Thanks for sharing the videos, and keep up the good work!

Full swing isn't just a longer version with the planemate. Those half swings, there is no relax part to it. The band is tight, full swing there is a relax where the club comes more from the inside than on those partial swings if I'm not mistaken. But I've been wrong before. lol
And there is no way I'd go 7 weeks without playing a round on my sim haha.

I was referring to real life on the full swings, not using the planemate

I also have had both Rotator cuffs done, The one handed was much harder with my left arm than the right.
Maybe I am just getting fat and out of shape.

I also have had both Rotator cuffs done, The one handed was much harder with my left arm than the right.
Maybe I am just getting fat and out of shape.
I have bad elbow tendonitis in both arms from years of wrestling. I skipped the one handed protocols, and still found plenty of success with this. I was watching a video on Martin Chuck's tour striker youtube site and he mentions not doing the one handed swings if you have pain (he specifically mentions tendonitis). He also mentioned he was being sued by someone who did the one handed protocols and claim they got elbow tendonitis from it.

I purchased my plane mate for the sole purpose of wedges. Be that a pitch shot or full yardage.
I have already seen nice improvements on my pitch shots while playing and I’ve only had the tool for a couple of months.
Already holed two pitch shots since having it!

I purchased my plane mate for the sole purpose of wedges. Be that a pitch shot or full yardage.
I have already seen nice improvements on my pitch shots while playing and I’ve only had the tool for a couple of months.
Already holed two pitch shots since having it!

That's kinda why I bought mine, honestly. It's a pretty awesome tool for making you rotate all the way through the shot. Perfect IMO for those little 40-60yd wedge shots, knockdowns, etc. Anything off speed where it's real easy to panic and stall, and cause everything humanly possible to go wrong all at the same time.

Shoot, I started a new thread, sorry folks. If anyone is interested in getting one of these, check out our link. It goes right to the Tour Striker website from ours, and True Motion Golf gets a very small piece of the sale. 🙏

Tour Striker Plane Mate Purchase Link for TMG

i just ordered one and also the smart ball after reading this thread and watching several reviews of both items. I’m really excited for both and hopefully they will help with my constant OTT struggle. I’m also encouraged that so many claimed a big help with chipping and wedge improvements. I know these is The next part of my game to focus on for dropping scores.

Always good to help one of the forum supporters. I’ll be sure to post my impressions of both training aids as I look to have a fun season of golf this year.

Alan

i just ordered one and also the smart ball after reading this thread and watching several reviews of both items. I’m really excited for both and hopefully they will help with my constant OTT struggle. I’m also encouraged that so many claimed a big help with chipping and wedge improvements. I know these is The next part of my game to focus on for dropping scores.

Always good to help one of the forum supporters. I’ll be sure to post my impressions of both training aids as I look to have a fun season of golf this year.

Alan

I will be interested in your feedback on this product. I too struggle with OTT and want to know if this would help.

Boy If I never took video of me doing this I wouldn't have seen me watch the club go back on a few shots. Mental note in the future. I had no idea. As well as be more mindful of the clubface location on my backswing when parallel before the relaxing. As well as relaxing a little too much possibly or maybe that was just the camera angle. After watching this, I did this protocol for like 20 minutes trying to do better. This one is really useful. And when finished... ghost arms ,lol

Last edited:
Back