Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m working with another Company now that is going into phase 3 trials for their vaccine. What is especially cool about this one is that they are targeting the Third World countries and places not as fortunate as us in the United States. Frankly, these are the companies that are going to make a major difference globally. Don’t get me wrong, they are making plenty of money. Hopefully if all things go right, we will have production up and running within six months. I still cannot fathom that the work I do today is literally saving the world!

Moderna
First shot on Friday the 12th. Felt like a marble in my arm but only sore if I pressed on it.
Saturday morning woke up with a low grade fever and a headache. Washed, waxed and detailed our X5, trying to use my left arm the majority of the time. Both the fever and the headache were gone by Saturday evening. Bonus, my left arm felt like I hadn't even received the shot. 👍

No one is mentioning the best side effect of all...not getting COVID!! It really is incredible how effective the shots seem to be, the data out of Israel the other day, was incredible.

I’m still a month or two away, but eagerly await the day. My dad just got his first shot and my wife is thinking she will be able to get one in the next few weeks as a teacher. In person school starts April 1.

Had my 1st shot around noon yesterday. The arm is a little sore and tender at the injection site this morning but not enough to keep me from playing this morning. I was given the Pfizer vaccine. They immediately scheduled my 2nd injection for exactly three weeks later at the same time.

Initially, I was skeptical of getting these new mRNA vaccines until I read this article that, as opposed to a traditional vaccine, they just skip a step. Now I am not in the medical field or a scientist so I can't verify the validity of what is stated by this doctor but it did get me over my hesitancy and reluctance to get the shots.

Me (35):
Nothing on First shot

On the second shot: got the shot at 11:15am on a Wednesday. Felt fine until about 2:30am. Woke up with chills, couldn't get warm. Had a fever, chills, and headache the next day. Woke up Friday morning and felt fine again. No issues since. Arm was sore for a few days, nothing crazy, but you didn't wanna get hit on the arm.

Scheduled for 2nd dose at 4pm today. My son got the 2nd dose and the side effects hit him about 12 hrs after the shot and lasted 24 hrs. He was achy, fever, chills and sore arm.

Got the Pfizer shot on Monday, first shot. Felt like ass on Tuesday all day, I don't know if it was from all the beer I drank Monday night or from the shot. Feel great today.

Spoke to my 97 year old mother today. She got her second shot last week. Her response - no side effects other than a sore arm both times.

Pfizer. 46

Head ache and a little fatigue with first. Second added chills. I ended up sleeping some of it off. I took some preemptive vitamin I and hydration prior to second.

Arm was sore but not “can’t sleep on it” level.

It is very encouraging seeing all the posts here of people getting the vaccine. I will gladly get the vaccine when my turn comes and hope that will be sometime in the next few months. Unfortunately, being in my states plan b is good and bad. No health issues and the better part of age, but also not in a group that would warrant getting until available for the general public. Both my parents had their shots. Father (72) had both and said his arm was a bit sore. Mother (72) had the first dose, with second scheduled for Friday and the same just a bit of a sore arm. No side effects for either of them.

Age 41. Moderna

Just got my second shot last Thursday afternoon. Felt good until the afternoon on Friday. Mostly just aches and small headache Saturday morning. More than anything else just fatigue for a few days and back to normal by Monday.

I feel fortunate compared to some others (younger than me) who had much worse side effects.

Got the 2nd dose yesterday at 3:30pm. So far, no significant side effects. Maybe a little sore. No fever, chills, etc. Knock on wood.

Had the second dose 2 hours ago - drank so much water the night before and this morning, I thought I was going to float in the car. Took two Motrin afterwards ... we will see.

I am officially on a waitlist through work. Talked to a bunch of my wife’s coworkers who have had it. Most of them were symptom free, a few had fevers and sore arms, and one had severe flu-like symptoms for 24 hours and then was fine. They are all late 20’s early 30’s.

Other than a little tenderness, the 1st Pfizer shot did not affect my golf game the last two days, One of my golfing partners got his 2nd dose of the Moderna yesterday afternoon, and, like after the 1st shot, he couldn't lift his arm today. The last time that only lasted one day and he played the next.

When I got my shot on Tuesday at a Baylor, Scott and White facility, one of the people working there told me they are vaccinating 2300 people a day!

My wife and I were both vaccinated this evening!
37-Pfizer
Only side effect so far is a sore left arm. Nothing too bad though. I am worried a little about the possibility of contracting Bell’s Palsy. I had it as a child and I’m not sure if that raises my chances to contract it again.

Got my (35 y/o) first dose Pfizer yesterday just arm soreness. Next stiffness/headache is pretty typical after a week of work so can't link that

Next is march15

Not sure if its vaccine or the first round of golf (walking at that too) for the year, but just absolutely drained today, neck/upper back stiffness, and some minor headache

Got the 2nd dose yesterday, Pfizer

I had my first Shingrix shot last July and the second one last fall. I had nothing with the first shot and a very slight sore arm for a day with the second dose. My wife actually got a fever and flu like symptoms from her first Shingrix shot and had to stay home from work.
There are a lot of rough side effects from that one.I have heard. But Shingles is terrible so it's worth it.

Get my first dose tomorrow, will report back.

I had the first Moderna last Friday. I had a run down Saturday and a really sore arm. Feel good overall, next shot is April 9th.

I had my first shot Pfizer last Thursday with no side effects. Maybe a slight stiffness in my arm, but nothing to think about. Second shot April 8th

Got my second Moderna shot today. So far just a little tenderness at the shot site.

Not sure if its vaccine or the first round of golf (walking at that too) for the year, but just absolutely drained today, neck/upper back stiffness, and some minor headache

Got the 2nd dose yesterday, Pfizer
Those were pretty much my exact symptoms 24 hours after my second Pfizer dose..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back