I think I justified it.

JZ777

Reaction score
Handicap
Have been looking at doing a possible trip to stay and play at Pebble Beach this fall. A night at the lodge is $990 and a round at Pebble and/or Spyglass is $575 as well. Yes, I know it’s pricey, but most likely will be a one and done kind of trip. Wife is cool about it and all in as she loves to travel. The hotel isn’t that bad, as we have paid that much at other resorts, but $575 is getting up there for a round of golf x 3. But I think I can justify it to myself this way. If I am on my “A” game and shoot a 85, that’s about $6.76 a shot. That’s less than an IPA at a big city bar or as much as a fancy drink at Starbucks. Justifiable or not?

Justified.

Makes sense to me. If you're not on your A-game and maybe C or D game it could drop to $5.75 a shot or better. :)

Easily justified for a bucket list course.

The hotel is the only thing pricey in this equation.

Pebble is priceless

Bucket list item.
Totally justified.
Close friend of mine shot an 83 there..
He birdied 9..
One of the best times of his life.
Do it!

Hope you have a great time and a great round of golf!!! (y)

If you wife enjoys spas have her check out the Spa at the Lodge. Their Royal Treatment massage is incredible, one of the best massages I've ever had.

"stay and play at Pebble Beach . . . wife is cool about it . . . ."

What more justification do you need?

Have been looking at doing a possible trip to stay and play at Pebble Beach this fall. A night at the lodge is $990 and a round at Pebble and/or Spyglass is $575 as well. Yes, I know it’s pricey, but most likely will be a one and done kind of trip. Wife is cool about it and all in as she loves to travel. The hotel isn’t that bad, as we have paid that much at other resorts, but $575 is getting up there for a round of golf x 3. But I think I can justify it to myself this way. If I am on my “A” game and shoot a 85, that’s about $6.76 a shot. That’s less than an IPA at a big city bar or as much as a fancy drink at Starbucks. Justifiable or not?

Literally just did it. Absolutely worth it. They do run specials, so something in there is getting subsidized cost wise. I had a blast. If you get bored or really want to just make yourself miserable, these were right before this year's AT&T pro-am.

Where did you find the half off deal? :p 100% justified, enjoy the trip.

thanks for all the positive input

No reason for you to not do this.

If you can afford it and your spouse is on-board, it seems like you are good to go. It’s pricey but I’m guessing you’re more likely to regret not doing than doing it.

Totally justified, but you won't make it a once-in-a-lifetime trip: everyone goes back. Went for a milestone B-Day just over two years ago and stayed at the Lodge in a suite looking right out at the 18th green at Pebble. Dropped over $11,000 for three days, but loved it. Played PB, SB, and Spyglass, but next time, will play PB twice and SB once (assuming another three-day adventure).

Here was my view:

20181202_073136.jpg

Might sound trite, but if it's worth it to you, it's worth it. Hope you have a great time!

Nothing wrong with paying for those once in a lifetime memories

I see no issue with any of this. Enjoy!

i priced it out last year and just couldn’t pull the trigger. but after seeing @MWard’s pics and @bigskyirish sending some pics i’m not sure i can hold out much longer

i priced it out last year and just couldn’t pull the trigger. but after seeing @MWard’s pics and @bigskyirish sending some pics i’m not sure i can hold out much longer

2 nights, 2 rounds special - Starting at 1587.50 pp

● 2 Nights of Lodging at The Inn at Spanish Bay
● 1 Round of Golf on Pebble Beach Golf Links
● 1 Round of Golf on The Links at Spanish Bay
Each room will receive a $100 Resort Credit
Ask about pricing if you wish to play Spyglass Hill Golf Course instead of The Links at Spanish Bay.
Price listed is per person based on 2 golfers sharing a Garden View Room at The Inn at Spanish Bay

If you look to my post in this thread about subsidized pricing somewhere....

Totally justified, but you won't make it a once-in-a-lifetime trip: everyone goes back. Went for a milestone B-Day just over two years ago and stayed at the Lodge in a suite looking right out at the 18th green at Pebble. Dropped over $11,000 for three days, but loved it. Played PB, SB, and Spyglass, but next time, will play PB twice and SB once (assuming another three-day adventure).

Here was my view:

View attachment 8995020
Go Green.

2 nights, 2 rounds special - Starting at 1587.50 pp

● 2 Nights of Lodging at The Inn at Spanish Bay
● 1 Round of Golf on Pebble Beach Golf Links
● 1 Round of Golf on The Links at Spanish Bay
Each room will receive a $100 Resort Credit
Ask about pricing if you wish to play Spyglass Hill Golf Course instead of The Links at Spanish Bay.
Price listed is per person based on 2 golfers sharing a Garden View Room at The Inn at Spanish Bay

If you look to my post in this thread about subsidized pricing somewhere....
That is an absolute pull the trigger right now price!

When I stood on the first tee at Pebble, my playing partner asked what sort of holiday I was on. A skiing holiday I replied.

He asked me what I was doing on a golf course...

Spending the
Kid's
Inheritence

I don't want to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm so I hope my input won't be seen as such as that is not my intent. It is 1000% justifiable because:
- you can't take your money with you
- there is no guarantee of tomorrow - if you want to do something, do it!
- THP supports you(y)

If you can afford it....go for it! I would do in a heartbeat if had the opportunity. You only live once....have a blast.

Back