Well at least you can fly the ball right at the hole cause you're not getting backspin or rollout. HA!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This reminds me of what we would do as kids. There was huge empty lots waiting to be built in the area I grew up in Carlsbad, we would just take mats and make up our own course with holes we dug. Any golf is better than no golf.

This is one of the most awesome/least awesome things I've ever seen.

Holy thread bumps..... There is a sand green course in a nearby town called Woodburn. I take the family there a few times a year. It definetly serves a need where the my family can go enjoy golf without the cost and pressure of a regular course. We have quite good times there actually.

But there is also a drag strip right next to the course which adds to the "ambiance" of the course lol

I get the need in rural areas to have very very cheaply maintained courses, but what is the advantage of a sand green over just a green that is maintained to the level of the rest of the course. Just grass in bad shape.

They're all over here in KS. I've never played one though. I found a really cool article on it a few weeks ago though. I'll try to find it and post it

Interesting, I've never heard of this before.

I played this course today, the first time I've ever played sand greens. It was actually quite fun. Not something I'll do on the regular, but it's February in Kansas City and I played golf for the second time this week.

The one that I'm familiar with is in Harrisonville, MO. If you google it, you can see the sand greens.

There is private community in Annapolis, MD that has a 9-hole course with sand greens. Played it a couple times and it's a totally different game. You need to lay up short of the green and let it bounce on to the sand to hold the green. The greens are tamped pretty solidly so putting is not as chaotic as you think it might be.

I’m hoping to play at least one sand green course this year. It’ll be nice to play a course without the ugly parts of golf, marshals, starters, clubhouses and dress codes.

Last edited:
Back