Your Favorite Pizza Place

1609165453192.png
Jet's Pizza - 8 Corner deep dish FTW!

Inspired by some other comments. What is your favorite pizza place, and where is it located??

Bonus question, what's your favorite order there?
Mine is Pizza Joe's & Deli and Dina's Pizza & Pub

Both are in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cleveland, OH (not far from the zoo)
I drive in 25 minutes from my house to get their pizzas.
Order: Pepperoni with extra cheese from either
If you really light tomatos: Dina's Delight from Dina's is great.

Mine is Pizza Joe's & Deli and Dina's Pizza & Pub

Both are in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cleveland, OH (not far from the zoo)
I drive in 25 minutes from my house to get their pizzas.
Order: Pepperoni with extra cheese from either
If you really light tomatos: Dina's Delight from Dina's is great.
Yes, one close enough to go try! About an hour, but next time we're up there we might just have to give this a shot!

Yes, one close enough to go try! About an hour, but next time we're up there we might just have to give this a shot!
Dina's also has(had) really wings, but I haven't had those in a couple years.

What is your favorite pizza place, and where is it located??
Famous Ray's Pizza at Sixth Avenue and 11th Street.
It closed in 2011.
The. Best. Damn. Pizza. Ever. Made.

Paglia's in Charleston IL. Double Sausage double cheese and Onion.
Villa Pizza in Mattoon IL. Sausage,Ham, Peperoni, Bacon, Onions and Peppercini.

City Pizza in Philadelphia. Sausage, onions, and banana peppers is the go to order.

All of my favorite pizza spots were in the midwest and closed a long time ago. West coast pizza sucks, so I learned to make my own. After a few years of refinement, MY pizza is my favorite.

I’m planning to make some again next weekend with an expensive “pizza flour” that I haven’t tried before.

41D43EF7-4F56-4C75-9142-282FDBE96046.jpeg

New Albanian Pizzeria in new Albany Indiana

Upside down pizza with spicy Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, black & green olives

I think this picture is one I posted to yelp LOL!

upside-down-pizza-with.jpg

Sadly the best pizza place in Warner Robins closed about 5 years ago. It was a place called Atlas Pizza and it was off the charts delicous. Fresh Pie Pizza is a small chain and they have probably the best pizza around now. We usually get the Works with black olives on half (I hate them), light green peppers and no onion.

I grew up in Milwaukee, so Milwaukee style thin crust is my jam. I miss it so much. I have a recipe, but I haven’t tried to make it yet.

Wells Brothers and Nonna Wells in Racine make incredible thin crust pizza. Hope you make it back to try some (y)

All of my favorite pizza spots were in the midwest and closed a long time ago. West coast pizza sucks, so I learned to make my own. After a few years of refinement, MY pizza is my favorite.

I’m planning to make some again next weekend with an expensive “pizza flour” that I haven’t tried before.

View attachment 8984382
Those do look incredible!! What do you cook them in?

Wells Brothers and Nonna Wells in Racine make incredible thin crust pizza. Hope you make it back to try some (y)

Thanks! Sadly, all of my relatives are either dead, or moved away, so I haven’t had a good reason to visit for quite some time. I hope to taste a good Midwest thin crust again at least once someday though.

So I had a chance to try out Jets pizza out of their lone NYC location as I’d heard a lot of good things. For some background, my first introduction to Detroit style pizza was from a place called Emmy Squared(although they started out in NYC, they’ve branches out to DC, Nashville, Philly and Louisville). Although I was skeptical being a bit of a pizza snob, I was very pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it when a friend brought me a box.
I’ve been wanting to try Detroit style again since that experience a few years ago, and saw there was a Jets pizza that I’ve heard many good things about from some Detroit natives and from posts here. Had some time to kill in the city as I was chauffeuring my wife in so decided to give it a go. Although I found it edible, especially since I was famished at the time, I unfortunately found it to only be a slight step up from many national chain pizza places...the sauce was remiscent for me as what I remembered of Domino’s(although it’s been years since I’ve had anything from them). The cheese was was very run of the mill, but the saving grace was the crust which was pleasant. Looks like I’ll have to go back to Emmy Squared for my fix.

@gkeller813

Give Cocci House in Wooster a shot sometime. Crazy good.

I don't know if it's still in existence, but Armands in D.C. was my favorite pizza of all time. They specialized in deep dish, but it was not the greasy deep dish that Chicago, Pizza Hut and others make, it was more of a dry crust and it was heaven.

Back