Wedding Ring - do you wear it playing?

I haven't worn my wedding band for years and years, not just playing golf but I am without it all the time. My wife doesn't mind as she knows no other woman would be attracted to me with or without a wedding band on! :D

No. Did not wear it, but when married, I better have worn it everywhere else. She was ... insecure.:censored:

I wear mine all the time. I've gotten used to it, don't even realize it's on anymore.

Neither my wife nor I wear wedding rings. She kept losing hers, and after I dislocated my finger mine wouldn't fit over my knuckle anymore. We've been together for 32 years and married for 20.

I take it off when I play. I was noticing some serious callous buildup so I started taking it off when I play.

I switched to silicone for full time use and leave it on when I play. My original wedding ring is too loose and is in my wife’s jewelry box

I need to get new silicone rings. Mine are too big and fall off. I’ve gotten bad about wearing my ring consistently in COVID.

I took my ring off once to play pickup basketball and lost it. After that I haven't taken it off since.

Always have and always will.

I'm won't be married until August but I won't plan on wearing when I have it. being LH and using an interlock grip will make that very uncomfortable I'm guessing. Even if I use a silicone one, it may feel a little off

I wear mine when I play golf...or do anything else for that matter. It hasn't come off my finger more than twice since my wife and I got married nearly 38-years ago. She never takes hers off either.

20210228_113943.jpg

Not sure how long I've been wearing a silly...? Years now. I wear my real ring about twice a year. Even on vacay, the silicone is where it's at. I don't even know I have it on, and it's a godsend for golf imo.

Real ring never was a great fit for my work, and my wife didn't love me not wearing one either, so I switched about as soon as the silicones came out. I honestly think I saw one on Jay Cutler on the sidelines, looked up what it was, and ordered one from the description despite it being worn by every Bears fans least favorite player. :LOL:

Last edited:
I stopped wearing mine 10 years ago. Only divorced for 2. Not just stopped for golf, totally.

Now divorced so not a point. I’d sell it for the scrap gold if I even knew where it was.

I never take mine off.

every round, I feel naked when i take it off

76BDD665-C4C3-47E5-9A23-9B8EDC8155D0.jpeg

Got fat since we married 24 years ago. Took it off about 3 years ago (while I still could) and haven't worn it since. Still have an indention on my finger though it is faint.
When I did wear it all the time, I took it off to golf.

Nope.

I’ve done both without issues going back and forth. I sometimes go days or weeks without wearing it though since I always take it off when I workout (due to barbell knurling) and forget to throw it back on. Never thought about silicone since I prefer to have nothing on during working out but don’t care either way when golfing so no point with getting another one.

Got fat since we married 24 years ago. Took it off about 3 years ago (while I still could) and haven't worn it since. Still have an indention on my finger though it is faint.
When I did wear it all the time, I took it off to golf.

I haven’t worn it for 10 years.

You can still see that I did once. I did take it off at the height of fatness, it was a near thing, lol.

Then realized I didn’t like her anyways.

All the time.

No ring, but I also lost my wedding ring in the Colorado River in the late 1990s. Still happily married (coming up on on 34 years), just no ring for me. I wouldn't wear it golfing if I still had it.

I used to take it off when golfing until I lost mine on a golf course about 5 years after I got married. Luckily my wife wasn't super chill about it. Now I rarely take mine off - maybe a few times a year.

I used to take it off when golfing until I lost mine on a golf course about 5 years after I got married. Luckily my wife wasn't super chill about it. Now I rarely take mine off - maybe a few times a year.

I take mine off to play as well and always leave it in my car. But a few times I had forgotten where it was and it freaked me out.

I’m gonna go this silicon route for a while and use the gold one for occasions.

Last edited:
I wear mine to golf. I only take it off when I left weights to avoid damaging it.

Until I saw this thread, never even thought about the issue. My ring has been on for over 25 years now and rarely take it off. While I can still get it off if necessary, it’s almost a part of the finger now.

I wear mine to golf. I only take it off when I left weights to avoid damaging it.

When I lost my gold one 20 years ago my wife replaced it with a tungsten one. It is indestructible and I've opened thousands of beer bottles with it and it doesn't have a scratch on it. :)

Back