Do you get this angry?

Guess it wasn't worth going after. :LOL:

Sometimes I get angry, but usually don't act it out like the photo.

I get mad, always quietly to myself though, never thrown a club. That’s one heck of a toss though lol!

I get mad, always quietly to myself though, never thrown a club. That’s one heck of a toss though lol!

Yeah, it was pretty high up there...

Sergio? :LOL:

I can’t recall ever throwing a club like that. I have had one guy in my group do it and the Marshall witnessed it! I try not to even slam my clubs.

Friend threw a driver similarly to that picture... Climbed the tree to get it back...

Never thrown or broken a club there's no need for it on course.

Friend threw a driver similarly to that picture... Climbed the tree to get it back...

Never thrown or broken a club there's no need for it on course.
Agree 100%. I've been golfing for 35 years and have never once thrown or broken/damaged a club in anger. It's not going to fix anything, and to add insult to injury I'm going to have to pay to repair/replace it.

Nope.

I get that mad sometimes but only when I read the news. I golf for fun so there‘s never any anger on the course. That’s like being into fishing and throwing a temper tantrum when you don’t catch anything. If your hobby makes you that upset you need a different hobby.

I get mad at myself, but never have I thrown a club although I have thought about it.

I can't imagine getting mad and throwing a club like that. I have tossed a wedge back towards the cart after a pitch shot in a lobbing motion, but that is the closes you will ever see me throw a club.

I let other people, and watching them do things like that helps laugh all my anger away. :LOL:

A few years ago I saw a guy in front of me throw an iron that lodged in a tree and he drove off in the cart.Two holes later I came down a fairway that ajoins the one he threw the club .He was back and throwing rocks ,tree branches,anything to try and dislodge the iron from the tree. My playing partner and I just laughed and played on.

Definitely not.

Golf is too much of a celebration of NOT having to deal with everything else stupid in this world hahaha! There was definitely a time, however, no chance I ever get that mad again - I'll take up bowling if I get to that point again.

Used to do that all the time. Haven't in about 10 years. I've had 3 like the pic. Climbed a tree to rescue a driver. Stood on the seat of the cart and used a ball retriever to get a putter. Picked a pitching wedge up off the ground after wind finally blew it down several days later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nope, never. My Uncle taught me well that anger on the golf course is not a good trait (this was over 30 years ago). More recently I was listening to Samuel L Jackson in an interview who said (badly paraphrasing), "Once you hit the shot, it's done, whatever happened, happened. You can't change it. Take a breath, go take the next shot" essentially. I'll see if I can find the clip and add it.

EDIT: I completely misquoted but the spirit is the same "Golf is a perfect game" - Sam Jackson
"
but when you had a bad shot you can spend time figuring out why you did it or you can stand there and take practice swings and it's still not gonna help you because you've already hit that shot once you hit a bad shot you got to let that bad shot go because if you go to the next shot and you hit a great shot then you overcome what just happened and you still had a chance to make par sometimes you don't have an opportunity to make par accept it make bogey or the lowest number you can make and move on you take what the course gives you

"

Last edited:
I have seen it on the course twice. First time was 20 years ago. The guy threw his driver and it got stuck in the tree. He then tried throwing his three wood to get it down, and guess what happened? Yep, it got stuck also. The second time was last year. It was the group in front of us on a par 3. He hit a terrible tee shot and then meant to throw his club towards the hole. He held onto it too long and it went left into a tree. He was trying to get it down by throwing his shoe. My buddy asked if he needed any help and he said no. Then my buddy, who can be an a hole sometimes, says to him, “ looks like you throw clubs about as well as you swing them”. He did not look,happy LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't remember if I ever threw a club, or ever became mad enough to throw a club. If I did it was 40+ years ago. I can't say 100%

I did watch a guy break all his irons in half, and throw them in a trash can. That's probably as "mad" as I have ever seen on a course.

I can't imagine getting mad and throwing a club like that. I have tossed a wedge back towards the cart after a pitch shot in a lobbing motion, but that is the closes you will ever see me throw a club.
A friend of mine tossed his club toward the cart in disgust after a bad tee shot on a par 3. The clubhead hit the ground, dug in, and flipped the (graphite) club shaft up against the plastic armrest on the cart. Shattered his shaft. I almost had to laugh because he had been a sulky, whiny little biatch all day and it served him right.

Never thrown a club in my life....too darn expensive! A few years back someone on our 14th hole, Par 3, 95% carryover water, guess is some golfer must not of made over. There was an iron sitting in a tree about 15 yards from the tee block for about 3 weeks way up high in branches. Not sure if the fella got it down or it eventually fell down but it was pretty funny.

Nope, but I’ve wanted to throw some of my HS kids like that at Tournaments :ROFLMAO:

Nope. Every now and then I see someone do some stupid junk that cost them later.

Back