Do you brush your teeth before or after your morning coffee?

I brush my teeth

• Before coffee

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • After coffee

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Never and my breath smells like rancid tuna.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
Spin off from the hot water serial killer thread. I like to wash my plaque and halitosis down with a couple cups of joe and then brush the nastiness out of my mouth afterwards. My wife brushes first and then has hers. Hot water toothbrushing talk will not be tolerated in this thread.

I voted before but it’s usually in between my 2 cups.

Wake up to take the dogs out then grab the first cup of coffee while they eat breakfast. Then brush my teeth and shower before the second cup.

Both. I have a cold brew in the morning, brush my teeth before I leave the house and immediately go to Circle K and get another cup of coffee. 🤷‍♂️

I wake up and walk straight to the my coffee maker. Brush my teeth afterwards before heading to work for another cup...

Always after morning tea, but sometimes before and after.

I brush my teeth before bed and work from home. No need to brush until after I have eaten again.

is it okay if i say, YES. I generally brush fort thing and then again while i am getting ready for the office after coffee

Before. Drink coffee while I am working. Maybe I should brush after as well...

#TeamHotWater

Both. I brush when I wake up and again before I leave the house for the day.

I don’t drink coffee?

But I’m interested in the cold versus hot brew comments after prior thread, 😂

Both. I wake up and put the remnants of the pot from the day before in my travel cup and start a fresh pot. Walk the dog while the fresh pot brews and drink the finely aged room temp brew from the day before. Return home and immediately dump any of the "old" coffee if there is any left in the travel cup and refresh w/fresh brew. Throw ball w/dog for 10-30 mins. Shower and brush teeth so I guess I brush with warm water though I prep brush and paste with cold water before placing in shower. Then leave house for work with more coffee in hand.

I feel like this is probably an overshare.

I brush mine before and after. I wear invisalign retainers so need to brush off the crud instead of drinking it.

I used to be an after guy, but I am trying to switch to a before guy, based on an article my wife pointed out to me. Suppsoedly your teeth stain less if you brush before coffee rather than wait.

After, but during the weeks it's between 2 cups. I have a cup with breakfast, then a cup when I get to work.

On weekends it's 2 cups at breakfast then brush teeth.

I wake up and walk straight to the my coffee maker. Brush my teeth afterwards before heading to work for another cup...

Depends. If I'm home I brush after, if I have an early tee time I brush and pick up coffee on the way.

Don't drink coffee, but I always brush my teeth first thing in the morning when I get ready. I could see why some brush after they eat breakfast or a second time during the day if available.

After I wake-up, I rinse and gargle some with mouthwash. I don't go for the coffee right away.

I have my coffee with breakfast and by the time I'm sitting down to eat, probably 20 to 30 minutes have passed since I woke up. I brush about 30 minutes after eating/drinking coffee.

As you can tell, I'm a slow roller in the morning. Never been one who could get-up 'n go.

Usually will wait until I get to work before I drink any coffee, so I'm a brush before guy during the week and a brush after guy on weekends.

Back