New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

Epoxy initial cure is done. Time to turn the ferrules and install the grips.

Bummer, one club fell and the shaft label rotated, but I can go back and fix that later.

I am so inspired by your ferrule turning. I still have never done that once hahahaha

I am so inspired by your ferrule turning. I still have never done that once hahahaha

My technique is....unique.

Still not enough practice with the cloth belt to try it on a set.

I'm sure it'll be mastered by the Masters. Yep, went there.

I need to read more on elevate so I can really dive in when you provide feedback.

I'm sure it'll be mastered by the Masters. Yep, went there.

I need to read more on elevate so I can really dive in when you provide feedback.

Little more spin, little more launch, all the stability of DG, and some dampening thrown in the mix.

Basically designed for me I think.

New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

In. The. Bag.

Tee time at noon-forty-five!

I had two REALLY good and promising days in a row with these Sunday/Monday.

Some build issues...namely a couple tip-weights working loose because the diameter turns out was a bit too narrow compared to the shaft tip, but, that will be rectified soon, and I may just go lead tape to piss all the OCD'ness out there off. :)

Sunday was 73, and fun. Def seeing a higher peak here through the set, and makes me like the 5i a good deal more. Spin wise, I dunno, seemed to react into greens as I was accustomed to seeing in the summer, which, isn't a bad thing.

Yesterday? Ugh. Was supposed to hit 62, capped out at FORTY FREAKING FOUR. Still played 36 though and obviously with the cold and wind my distances were shite, which lead to overswinging and a trip down a rabbit hole. Still, the forgiveness showed through compared to my Miura's and that was good to see.

These are still surprisingly forgiving for me, and on quasi normal temp days, surprisingly long, I'd bet I can play them this summer off a 165 8i, which for this profile is damn good.

Black 902s look yummy...

35da57_203be946199f435a94df06d81a3f5bc7~mv2_d_2400_2400_s_4_2.gif

They really do look good. PVD and me though, no bueno.

I hate turning ferrules. It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard

I still use the acetone and paper towel way, works great. I now have a belt sander so the cloth belt is inbound to try out

I still use the acetone and paper towel way, works great. I now have a belt sander so the cloth belt is inbound to try out

Yup, this is my go to.

They really do look good. PVD and me though, no bueno.

Yup. I remember asking him about which finish he used on the black 1031s... Sure wish it was DBM.

902 demo 7 iron arrived today. Gonna have some fun!
0d5b450a80018922f2b37e0756732c37.jpg
0b3398c09c0faf19d4ec6ecdef11e34d.jpg
2a0df620029aad9a5c6d0c53cc309f13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

902 demo 7 iron arrived today. Gonna have some fun!
0d5b450a80018922f2b37e0756732c37.jpg
0b3398c09c0faf19d4ec6ecdef11e34d.jpg
2a0df620029aad9a5c6d0c53cc309f13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great looking club!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These are still really fun irons. Hit one on a whim yesterday, and then ended up hitting about 40 more with them.

Hello. Old post, but anyone still playing these?

Hello. Old post, but anyone still playing these?
Not actively but I still have my set.

No matter what one thinks of the social media side of things at times, the irons are really solid, and fun. I play mine time to time still, but just found something better for me.

man. I am so tempted. found a good deal on some, but just pieced this together and havent played actual rounds yet. Maybe too similar?

Attachments

• 20191002_184608.jpg
    20191002_184608.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Pulled the trigger on some heads. Does anyone know what the hosel size is?

Thank God I asked. I almost pulled the gridded on some parallel shafts based on this...

Thank God I asked. I almost pulled the gridded on some parallel shafts based on this...

Im just trying to recall on memory, don’t remember if I had to shim them or not so I could be off. I’d suggest trying to reach out to them and getting a direct answer.

I know this is old but with the sale on these now is anyone considering ordering? Anyone still playing these? This isolation has me bored out of my mind and I am considering ordering a combo set with the 623’s

Fortunately, New Level makes their paint fill very easy to remove (just acetone). These are Royal Grips Perf Wrap grips (only $3.99/each, somehow) and I replaced the paint fill with gold (also removed the iron # label and New Level hosel text but left them blank). Now, if only my swing would come around to match these babies.

Top to bottom: as-received, fill removed, gold filled
IMG-1440.jpg

Head, shaft, and grip.
IMG-1462 (1).jpg

Back