What's the craziest thing you've ever seen on a golf course?

MrBlast

Reaction score
When In was in my early 20s, I played 1 round of golf a year. Usually a golf tournament sponsored by a local bar. I was a part time bartender, so I knew a lot of bar owners. I was invited to a tournament by the owner of the bar I worked at. He had 2 spots for a tournament that a local strip club owner held each year. This tournament was invite only. The strip club owner brought his "staff" for entertainment on the course. They served drinks and did anything else if the price was right. Tend the flag topless? $20, etc, etc... The drunker people got, the worse the behavior became. I was stunned by that behavior in public. It was like Porky's met Caddy Shack. The rated X version. I only went the 1 year and had no desire to go back. I certainly didn't participate in the worst of the behaviors but I felt guilty by association.
I heard the golf course invited the strip club/owner to never return again. I heard it through the grapevine some years later, that they had been banned at every course within a 60 mile radius, within 10 years.

1614785517839.gif

Well, I was going to say the craziest thing I've ever seen was a dog run out on the course and take one of my playing partner's balls, but that sort of pales in comparison to the OP.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the OP, assuming the staff weren't wearing heels on the greens.

~Rock

When In was in my early 20s, I played 1 round of golf a year. Usually a golf tournament sponsored by a local bar. I was a part time bartender, so I knew a lot of bar owners. I was invited to a tournament by the owner of the bar I worked at. He had 2 spots for a tournament that a local strip club owner held each year. This tournament was invite only. The strip club owner brought his "staff" for entertainment on the course. They served drinks and did anything else if the price was right. Tend the flag topless? $20, etc, etc... The drunker people got, the worse the behavior became. I was stunned by that behavior in public. It was like Porky's met Caddy Shack. The rated X version. I only went the 1 year and had no desire to go back. I certainly didn't participate in the worst of the behaviors but I felt guilty by association.
I heard the golf course invited the strip club/owner to never return again. I heard it through the grapevine some years later, that they had been banned at every course within a 60 mile radius, within 10 years.

There's one annual tourney like that here in my part of the world... not my thing, so I have not attended. A few buddies go every year, and like you said, anything goes. Let's just say the entertainment doesn't stop at stripping, and there are a few tents set up around the course. I'll leave it at that.

Years ago when I lived in SoCal there was a tourney like that every year at a local course - which the police busted. I still remember seeing the helicopter shot on the news of a bunch of golfers with their hands up, bags on the ground, being read their rights.

This didn't happen to me, but my dad. He was playing in Dallas when an almost bald Cockatiel ran across the green to chase a ball he putted. He captured it and brought it home and named it Bogey after the score he made on that hole. Apparently he was domestic and had escaped and was in bad condition. He full recovered and was fun to have around the house as a kid.

There's one annual tourney like that here in my part of the world... not my thing, so I have not attended. A few buddies go every year, and like you said, anything goes. Let's just say the entertainment doesn't stop at stripping, and there are a few tents set up around the course. I'll leave it at that.

Years ago when I lived in SoCal there was a tourney like that every year at a local course - which the police busted. I still remember seeing the helicopter shot on the news of a bunch of golfers with their hands up, bags on the ground, being read their rights.
No tents at this one. Right into the nearest woods they went. Or a porta-potty.

Well, I was going to say the craziest thing I've ever seen was a dog run out on the course and take one of my playing partner's balls, but that sort of pales in comparison to the OP.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the OP, assuming the staff weren't wearing heels on the greens.

~Rock
That actually happened to me last summer. Big black lab took my ball right off the green.

That's definitely better than anything that I have (which is absolutely nothing at the moment) and it sounds like a tournament I would stay away from in my desire to remain married.:oops::)

Craziest for me was when I broke my nose on the course. I was a sophomore in high school and didn’t have a cell phone. Had to use the pro shop phone while I had a bloody face and towel. Must have been a sight to see!

On the tee box one day when a little rabbit when hop hop hopping along right in front of us. I stopped to let it pass, when a hawk swooped down, picked the thing up and carried it away, presumably for dinner.

Last year on a par 5 that has a creek running across the fairway at about 200 yards from the tee. I tried to clear it but hit it too low. It was headed right for the water but a goose walked in front the water at that moment. It hit the goose and stopped about 5 feet in front of the water in the short grass.

A few years ago we played a Minneapolis public course early in the morning. We went by a porta potty on the 5th hole that was locked and there was no one around so we thought it was odd. A few holes later we see 2 Minneapolis Police cars driving down our fairway. Turns out a homeless man with a knife came out of the porta potty and was threatening people. They chased him down and arrested him.

I have pictures somewhere of the cops driving by us but can’t find them.

Turned up to play at Chartham Park in the UK last summer and found a fire engine and police car in the car park. When we got to the third hole, we found out why ... there was a car in the greenside lake. Apparently someone had stolen it, driven it to the course, removed the engine and then pushed it down the hill into the lake ... fortunately missing the green. The greenkeepers pulled it out with a tractor while we were there.

FF00B1F6-95BE-4D10-9E54-9F3E48018C01.jpeg

"I saw two hookers in the woods having sex" .... how am I supposed to putt with that going on? :eek:

The craziest thing I've seen can't be told here, as we are a family forum. But you can probably infer by the above post. It's kind of like that but they were waitresses at Hooters. (y)

Saw a young man and woman hitting a hole in one back in the woods once. Aside from that, nothing really too far out of the ordinary.

2005 US Open at Pinehurst. Michael Campbell was leading by 2 strokes and he was being chased by Tiger. Hes on the 17th tee which is a Par 3. Hes nervous and runs into a PortaPotty. We had a few beers that day and when Michael comes out of the PortaPotty my friend yells:
"DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?"
He looks over at us and laughs then stiffs his tee shot 8 feet from the pin and goes on to win by 2 strokes over Tiger.
Later that night Michael Campbell is on the Letterman show.
He looks right at the camera and says:
"And yes. For those of you who are still curious, I did indeed wash my hands.."

Last edited:
Back when I was a lot younger my dad and I were playing at Fairmont Chateau in Whistler. As we stood on one of the elevated tees we saw a deer bounce out of the woods and across the fairway. How nice.
About 3 seconds later a grizzly bear comes barreling out behind him, tackles him at full speed and proceeds to maul it in the middle of the fairway. Sadly this was before the era of smart phones and HD cameras in everyone's pocket.

Needless to say, we alerted the pro shop, gave ourselves pars and skipped the hole haha.

An ambulance on the 11th fringe, at the club I was working at in college. Poor guy didn't make it. The tire tracks were still there a few days later.

i ended up flipping my golf cart on a hole and busting my ankle. it was funny watching the paramedics and firemen coming to my rescue on golf carts. there was like 10 carts coming...funny to see

Back when I was a lot younger my dad and I were playing at Fairmont Chateau in Whistler. As we stood on one of the elevated tees we saw a deer bounce out of the woods and across the fairway. How nice.
About 3 seconds later a grizzly bear comes barreling out behind him, tackles him at full speed and proceeds to maul it in the middle of the fairway. Sadly this was before the era of smart phones and HD cameras in everyone's pocket.

Needless to say, we alerted the pro shop, gave ourselves pars and skipped the hole haha.
I'd probably leave any ball that happened to land near those woods, for the rest of my life! I don't want to be tomorrow's deer.

I was playing in a tourney when one of the guys in my foursome went into a diabetic "event". One of the other guys had just bought a gatorade(not sugar free) from the cart so I tried to give the guy a sip. He was in bad shape and we called 911. I managed to get a little of the gatorade in him and he seemed to be doing better but when the paramedics drove out to our location and tried to help him, he went into full blown attack mode. He was fighting with them so hard that it took the 2 of them and 2 more of us to control him enough for them to help him. I heard from a friend of his the next day that he didn't remember a single thing about the whole day but was feeling fine.

This! And its not close.

40 staff bags for amateurs filled with whatever equipment they wanted.

Back