Picked up the Radspeed driver yesterday at a an area pro shop. I have already cut the shaft and changed out the grip. Dialed in the swing weight nicely for me. Hit it on my launch monitor about 10 times and seems nice.

Not sure how much difference I will see with my Cobra Speedzone versus this one, but thought I would upgrade anyway. I have four different shafts that fit so this will be fun to see which one dials in the best.

My guess is I will stick with the Tensei AV that I keep using with my SZ since I keep coming back to it. I will state that the Motore X F3 is not bad, but I haven't put it through the enough paces yet.

I'm testing the Tense from last year and the MotoreX F3 from this year, I can't tell a difference at all in flight or distance. When I use my low launching shaft which is a Matix black, it's definitely lower. I'm not using a launch monitor, only eyeing it while playing.

I play 45.75 now in a Ping G410 Plus and don’t mind it at all. I’m thinking the RDX or Motore F3 would match well with a XB head since it’s likely going to be lower spinning head anyways. I am kind of afraid of the standard RADSpeed at 9 degrees.

There is a reason tour players played shorter shafts no question. I tried doing tour length last year and it was too awkward for me, maybe I didn't give it enough time though. There is just a comfort level at a certain length I guess.
Me too. I went Tour Length last year, and it just didn't feel right for me for some reason, even though it wasn't that much shorter I could definitely feel it. Will be back to standard this year for sure.

I have been playing a 44.5" Driver for 2 years now. It's a comfortable length for me. It also presents the head a little more upright which helps with the right miss. I am leaning RADSPEED XB also. I will take forgiveness all day.

I have been playing a 44.5" Driver for 2 years now. It's a comfortable length for me. It also presents the head a little more upright which helps with the right miss. I am leaning RADSPEED XB also. I will take forgiveness all day.
44.5 seems to be the magic number for me as well. Even if I have a long driver shaft while testing I tend to move my hands down further so that tells me something about where the "comfort" length needs to be.

From what I can tell by observing others on the golf course chase balls after hitting with the driver most are playing drivers much to long for them. Often it is an ego thing. I want 'em in the fairway!

I play 45.75 now in a Ping G410 Plus and don’t mind it at all. I’m thinking the RDX or Motore F3 would match well with a XB head since it’s likely going to be lower spinning head anyways. I am kind of afraid of the standard RADSpeed at 9 degrees.

I'm not sure anyone should be playing that 9* regular head with weight forward haha

I'm not sure anyone should be playing that 9* regular head with weight forward haha

Regular 9* head, weight back is a fun beast. I had some of my longest drives this winter demoing that setup.

Regular 9* head, weight back is a fun beast. I had some of my longest drives this winter demoing that setup.
Were the numbers good though or were you getting golf galaxy simulator roll? In the real world I saw quite a few low launching knuckleballs.

Were the numbers good though or were you getting golf galaxy simulator roll? In the real world I saw quite a few low launching knuckleballs.

Maybe borderline on having enough spin and launch. Just a little touchy, but overall one of the better combos I tried within RadSpeed. I think if I overdrew one in the real world it may not have worked out. I recall averages of 10.5-11.5 launch, ~2000-2100 spin, and about 265-270 carry.

I might need to tinker with loft, I would like to see a another degree or two and spin closer to 2300. Maybe going 10* would be the sweet spot. Or RadSpeed 10.5 lofted down to 9.5. I tried XB @ 10.5 and was seeing enough more spin (~2700-2800) that I dropped back and was doing most of my comparisons with 9* heads setup standard for initial fitting explorations.

Again, all of this with weight back. No reason I would need to go weight forward.

Maybe borderline on having enough spin and launch. Just a little touchy, but overall one of the better combos I tried within RadSpeed. I think if I overdrew one in the real world it may not have worked out. I recall averages of 10.5-11.5 launch, ~2000-2100 spin, and about 265-270 carry.

I might need to tinker with loft, I would like to see a another degree or two and spin closer to 2300. Maybe going 10* would be the sweet spot. Or RadSpeed 10.5 lofted down to 9.5. I tried XB @ 10.5 and was seeing enough more spin (~2700-2800) that I dropped back and was doing most of my comparisons with 9* heads setup standard for initial fitting explorations.

Again, all of this with weight back. No reason I would need to go weight forward.
Definitely seemed a bit touchy and not forgiving on heel side misses haha. In the regular head I wonder if the 10.5 is the way to go :unsure:. I found better success with the XB to my eye though even though launch looked high just as it did last year. Definitely need some numbers and more testing is required for sure.

Have we heard anything on if/when Cobra will start having demo days? I'd love to schedule a driver/fairway wood fitting with them if they decide to have them this year.

Have we heard anything on if/when Cobra will start having demo days? I'd love to schedule a driver/fairway wood fitting with them if they decide to have them this year.

In my area at least they are started to schedule some for later in April with Cobra. Seems like its coming around

Just came in today.

X stiff HZRDUS blue
+4 wrap

I'll say that this HZRDUS is the one of whippiest feeling x I've come across.. have to wait a month or two to get out with it tho so we'll see how it goes

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_151619.jpg
    IMG_20210304_151619.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210304_151607.jpg
    IMG_20210304_151607.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
@jdtox turns out I posted numbers from my RadSpeed tinkers earlier in this thread, and got a few recollections wrong from this AM. Linking below since we were discussing earlier. 14* launch in particular was more than I remembered.

I had a little get to know you session with RadSpeed and RadSpeed XB today. I liked the shape and setup of both. Pros for the XB are the gloss finish, and I think the slightly larger drawn back shape looks mean. I dig it. Pros for the RadSpeed are the combination of matte crown and players shape are super good. It was also pretty easy to control, which I was pleasantly surprised with.

XB at address
View attachment 8993190
View attachment 8993191

I started off with RadSpeed 9*, 12g rear with a HZRDUS RDX Blue in 6.0, hit 4 shots, two of which were pretty nice. The other two were firmly warmups, I started hitting these dead cold. Mixing things up, I hit about 7 balls with XB in 10.5 loft and same shaft... that was too much loft and spin was high. This is where I should have hit XB in 9* but whiffed. I went back to RadSpeed because I was liking what I was seeing out the 9*, and plugged in a Riptide 50 CB in 6.0. This combo had plenty of speed but spin and carry were suffering, and I was not as sure of the feel and weight. I decided to plug in a RDX Blue 6.5, and the very first shot was the one I posted above in Post #878. The 6.5 gave me a little better timing and control, and dispersion and overall ease of use had me thinking that could be a gamable combo.

View attachment 8993186

I would like to hit the XB with the RDX Blue 6.5, to see more what the XB has to offer. I didn't get a good idea of performance with just a few shots using the wrong loft. I will say that as a starting point, the RadSpeed is sweet. I liked the sound in the bay, it is tight and powerful. Easy enough to hit, and control.

Complete data for those into such things is below. There is a Srixon ZX5 mixed in there that I hit last. Ball speed at first glance looks down a tick but don't be fooled, I was getting tired. A very fun test session all around.

View attachment 8993189

And best drive with RadSpeed @ 9*, almost ideally struck.

Got the Radspeed out to the driving range again. I can’t get over how stable and predictable it is when you make a good swing. Strikes are just so solid. Can’t decide if it’s more the driver or the swing changes are finally clicking, but the window the ball goes is Sooo high for me. Hitting driver is fun again!

Need to go and get some numbers now.

Hit the XD. Had a 10.5 head. Stiff shaft. First swings of the year but I managed to sneak a few decent swings in
20210305_103403.jpg
20210305_103257.jpg
Really liked what I saw and heard. Tried out the normal version as well but the XD was the clear winner for me.

Hit the RADSpeed with both Motore Shafts today. The regular RADSpeed will not be in my bag. Way to low spin even with heavy weights in the back. I couldn’t get it over 1800rpm spin. The flight was good but wasn’t as stable as the XB. 23-2500rpm with ball speed bearing 165. Wasn’t crazy about the shafts so likely RBX blue considering I play Tensei Orange and like that feel.

Didn't get any swings today with the Xb unfortunately. Just xd and standard versions
Ah I read that wrong. Probably just had a panic attack seeing that spin rate and it didn't register in my brain haha....

Has anyone noticed that the face milling on centre is less pronounced than speedzone and f9 ?? I don't have it to compare but it seems less pronounced.

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_114343.jpg
    IMG_20210305_114343.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
Ah I read that wrong. Probably just had a panic attack seeing that spin rate and it didn't register in my brain haha....

Has anyone noticed that the face milling on centre is less pronounced than speedzone and f9 ?? I don't have it to compare but it seems less pronounced.
Just an aesthetic thing.

Interesting. A shorter shaft should make the lie angle more flat. Longer more upright.

Back