The Publix Sub Thread

Chicken Tender sub on wheat... american cheese, lettuce. tomato, pickles, banana peppers, honey mustard

Friggin Publix man......best subs and in my personal opinion deli counter out there.

I can tell you only go there once in a while. They don't move exceptionally fast in the deli department, especially when making subs. It's like they're just mentally all 15 minutes from being able to clock out, so everything seems to take juuuuust a little bit longer than it should.

I can tell you only go there once in a while. They don't move exceptionally fast in the deli department, especially when making subs. It's like they're just mentally all 15 minutes from being able to clock out, so everything seems to take juuuuust a little bit longer than it should.

Order online my friend. When we are at the condo we order from the app and then head to the small Publix and it is there waiting for us. And the app has every freaking option too.

Order online my friend. When we are at the condo we order from the app and then head to the small Publix and it is there waiting for us. And the app has every freaking option too.

I should be better at using the app, even if it means just walking around the store while they make it. Give them 15 minutes, they're just fine. Wait there 15 minutes, I'm about to cry.

Easy!

Chicken Tender sub tossed in Buffalo, Mayo on both sides, Little bit of lettuce, salt and pepper on 7-Grain Bread!

Within 3 miles of me there is Subway, Firehouse, WhichWich, McAlisters, Panera, Pita Pit, Jimmy Johns ... Sorry, but if I want the best sub I go to Publix - it is most often:

Roast Beef (Publix meat) on wheat with provolone or Swiss, mayo and deli mustard, lettuce - tomato - pickles - light jalopenos, salt - pepper - oregano, and oil and vinegar. I prefer the Publix meat to the Boar's Head, the slightly sweet wheat roll is great, and the dill pickles (which are Boar's Head) absolutely MAKE the sandwich for me.

Haven’t had one in a while and said I wouldn’t till I went to the condo. Hard when Publix is 2 miles away, but craving a couple of their combos.

Haven’t had one in a while and said I wouldn’t till I went to the condo. Hard when Publix is 2 miles away, but craving a couple of their combos.
What’s your craving? I have been trying to eat healthier recently, but the turkey sub keeps calling my name. I could go with the multigrain, but it is like taking a cheese grater to the roof of my mouth.

What’s your craving? I have been trying to eat healthier recently, but the turkey sub keeps calling my name. I could go with the multigrain, but it is like taking a cheese grater to the roof of my mouth.
At the small Publix near our condo they have a Rays sub, which is similar to their Cuban with some bacon and a few other things.

Footlong 5 grain bread, extra mayo, Boar's Head turkey & provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, black pepper, oil and vinegar.

Damn I’ve been to Publix about 10 times since we have been in North Carolina I’m going to have to get one before we leave!

This week's special starting today is the Boar's Head ultimate.

Their Cubans are really good

Publix is good, but head north and try Wegman's

I have never had a Wegman's sub and there is one a 1/2 mile from my house. Do they custom make subs? I will have to try one. I do like their prepared foods and salad bar.

I have only eaten subs off their catering trays and they are not very good. Mostly bread and shredded lettuce. Have been told by many people that their individual subs are amazing so now that I am about 3 years removed from bad catering tray experiences, I am ready to try one.

Publix and my family go pretty far back. My grandfather was a baker at one in Miami in the 80s, long after his “career” was over and he was in his 70s. Growing up Publix subs didn’t even exist, not until I was probably close to a teenager, early 90s. Publix subs were a staple of any growing boy at that time (I’m sure the ladies had their share). Trips to the beach, baseball games, football tailgates, you name it, Publix subs were always on the list of options and frequently made the cut. I was frankly a little disappointed they they got away from the original lineup and got into chicken tenders and Cubans and some others. Publix Cubans are OK but don’t compare to almost any other I’ve had. Chicken tenders on a sub? I mean, it’s filling for sure but that’s not a sub.

My go to was a foot long “ultimate” on wheat, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and pickles, mayo and honey mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. Bag of chips on the side. Prices have gone up for sure but I remember them being around $5, maybe even as a combo.

I left FL a few years ago, but every time I go back, I try to make a point to grab one. And Wawa...I like what they do and I’ve had some tasty sandwiches there, but they don’t compare, not by a long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one in a while. Excited

A5A8AA9A-C22E-47DC-90E1-E5B17A82EFFA.jpeg

Had 2 of these while in NC. Really enjoyed them. Wish we had Publix in Chicago!

Now you made me hungry. Too bad I’m in upstate NY.

@BigDill recent post reminded we needed a thread on this. If you are in FL where they are from or in the South in the few states they are located, you know where to get a sub.

What's your order and why?

is there any alternative to the famous Chix finger sub?

I get it with spicy Mayo, pickles, onions and olives

is there any alternative to the famous Chix finger sub?

I get it with spicy Mayo, pickles, onions and olives

I don't get the chicken finger sub, so my answer would be, yes :ROFLMAO:

I thought our Harris Teeter subs were good (they are). But "good" was redefined once a Publix opened up in the same area here last year.

Tremendous sandwiches and I've only ordered the similar simple sub that I always get from HT.

Chicken cutlet with provolone and chipotle sauce on Italian bread. Fantastic.

Back