First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Hope my Pros make an appearance next week...
Yeah. You need those beauties. I had a shot with one today that really impressed me. They're pretty bomby. Not in a bad way, but I've been hesitant to hit less than full shots with them because I can get low spin when I do. Decided to just trust it on one today. Tried to spin a layed off 6i a little bit and got a really good flight. Strong but plenty of spin. It was more than interesting.

Really curious to see what you get out there with the MMT 125S. I like that profile better.

Shipping must be speeding up. Placed my order on Saturday night. Realized I put down elevate ets 115 instead of ets 95 and actually had thought about changing my order possibly to mmt 95’s. Went to check my order and it shipped today already oh well, I play dg 105’s in my MP20 combo set so should be pretty close to those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope my Pros make an appearance next week...

My shaft change to the MMT’s delayed me so I’m still waiting but I can’t wait! Need some details on your time with the 125’s!

Hopefully mine will show up ahead of schedule. Having second thoughts about going with stock shafts. Kinda wished I went with Modus 105.

Last edited:
Mine should arrive next week, ordered early Feb but waiting on the A/W before they ship. Ordered 6-9 in Apex & P/W A/W in the Pros with nippon 950 shafts, excited to get these in hand, ordered blind so hope it’s a good combo, a little nervous though may order a 5 iron dcb when I have a little time with these 😅

My standards that arrived today don't have the grip they should. :unsure: Might have to call in the morning to make sure the others from that order are getting the right ones. The pros need to match the ones I already have.

Just got a set of ‘21 Apex pro and wow! These are truly gorgeous irons. The look ans feel is amazing. And the forgiveness in such a “players” footprint is off the charts! Played 1 round so far and Im in love!!!

Just got a set of ‘21 Apex pro and wow! These are truly gorgeous irons. The look ans feel is amazing. And the forgiveness in such a “players” footprint is off the charts! Played 1 round so far and Im in love!!!
👍👍 pleased to hear this hope I’m as happy when mine arrive

For guys recently receiving orders- how long are orders taking to fill? Ordered a set of pros to combo with my apex MB’s last Friday with expedited shipping. Going to Sweetens next Thur- must have!

Thinking Saturday I take all my trade bait to the store and put these things through their paces and nail down the shaft.

Scheduled delivery for this afternoon! Of course I'm booked solid today.

Scheduled delivery for this afternoon! Of course I'm booked solid today.

I have a suggestion... call their dispatch and see if they can move the delivery until tomorrow when you have more time. ;) 🍻

I have a suggestion... call their dispatch and see if they can move the delivery until tomorrow when you have more time. ;) 🍻

No way I'm delaying delivery. Lol. I'll try to grab some pics while the sun is still out!

Thinking Saturday I take all my trade bait to the store and put these things through their paces and nail down the shaft.

i predict you will love them and buy them

i predict you will love them and buy them
It doesn't matter, I can't not buy Apex irons. When I was up there and hit them the first time, I didn't know there were three different Elevate shafts with a couple weight classes each, so I don't know which one I was working with. I also predict I will go in with no semblance of a swing and just hit trash slices and full duffs.

Hopefully mine will show up ahead of schedule. Having second thoughts about going with stock shafts. Kinda wished I went with Modus 105.
That's what I got in mine. First spin with them will be tomorrow morning and now added a round in on Saturday morning as well. I have never gamed Modus 105s before but when I was fit and tried them, they felt soooo stable through the entire swing. I have PX LZ 95s in my Apex 19 and they feel whippy.

They came early. Totally ditched a meeting to take them out of the box.

IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

Currently resting comfortably with their friends.

IMG_0028.jpeg

Gonna try to get out to the range here tomorrow or Saturday morning. They're a touch shorter than what I'm used to, but shouldn't be an issue. They are freaking crazy good looking though. I wasn't sold on the chrom-y cage looking accent in the cavity of the standard Apex, but in person they look great. Looks like I didn't get any collectors items though. 😆

Hmmm in serious ponder mode.

Currently in JPX 919 F. I have gone in twice to buy Apex and ended up with Mizunos instead. Just had a better day in fitting.

I am thinking of the combo set, either the Sweet Spot or Triple Threat. The triple threat seems silly that I would only get 1 Pro in the PW (I don't get AW) so probably leaning towards the Sweet Spot. I gap my 6-LW pretty good, but 4 and 5 can be very similar so this seems like the perfect play for me
You could do the Apex Mixed set and add individual DCBs if you want. If I was buying I would probably do Apex Mixed with a DCB 4 iron.

Just played 6 holes in the tech studio with the Pros. While they are smaller than I like in an iron, I missed one nearly a full inch toe side and the darn thing had virtually the same ball speed, launch and spin. That was a bit of a surprise.

They came early. Totally ditched a meeting to take them out of the box.

View attachment 8996395
View attachment 8996396

Currently resting comfortably with their friends.

View attachment 8996397

Gonna try to get out to the range here tomorrow or Saturday morning. They're a touch shorter than what I'm used to, but shouldn't be an issue. They are freaking crazy good looking though. I wasn't sold on the chrom-y cage looking accent in the cavity of the standard Apex, but in person they look great. Looks like I didn't get any collectors items though. 😆

i agree that at first i wasn't a huge fan of the cavity of the standard apex, but in person it looks so clean.

Just played 6 holes in the tech studio with the Pros. While they are smaller than I like in an iron, I missed one nearly a full inch toe side and the darn thing had virtually the same ball speed, launch and spin. That was a bit of a surprise.
The consistency in these characteristics on mishits are just nuts!

Back