Your favorite 5 course played

Copperhead
Coeur D'Alene
Conservatory
Olde Mill
Lakewood Par-3 (R.I.P.) -- 683 yards of fun.

1614897035055.png

In no particular order

Bandon Dunes
The Hideaway Clive
Kiawah Ocean Course
Arcadia Bluffs
Pacific Dunes

I will Play, (In Order):

1. Hideaway - Clive Course
  2. Chambers Bay
  3. Buffalo Ridge
  4. PGA National - Championship Course
  5. Hideaway - Dye Course

Very tough to limit it to just 5, and I'm told Payne's Valley will definitely crash the list when I play it a month from today.

1) Ozarks National (Branson MO)
2) Grey Walls (Marquette MI)
3) Broadmoor East (Colorado Spring CO)
4) Buffalo Ridge (Branson MO)
5) La Cantera Palmer (San Antonio TX)

Top 10 Honorable Mentions:
We-Ko-Pa Saguaro (AZ)
Indianwood & Treetops (MI)
Highland Springs, Old Kinderhook, & Branson Hills (MO)
Paiute Wolf & Sun (NV)
Highland Meadows (OH)
Barton Creek Canyon (TX)

Pebble Beach
Muirfield Village
East Lake
TPC Sawgrass
Pinehurst #2
Kittansett

Not necessarily in order. Someone else put 6 so I figured I could also.

The bold is awesome. Had to throw six in there and ruin the whole flow though didn't you :LOL:

Pebble Beach
Spyglass Hill
Quail Lodge
Sunningdale Old
Ashbury Manor Kigbeare.

The last one is more about the memories of going to play there with 19 of my mates rather than the course itself.

Giant group trips are always awesome. Some of the best THP events I went to were more about 40 of us taking over a range hitting balls all day with tons of equipment and then the fun that came with completely random parings, unlimited golf.. Man that was fun. Brb, going to bump that thread.

Kapalua Plantation
True Blue
Caledonia
Wolf Creek
TPC Las Vegas

I think that is probably my list, but probably forgetting somewhere great.

The bold is awesome. Had to throw six in there and ruin the whole flow though didn't you :LOL:

I have been fortunate enough to play MV 5 or 6 times and love the experience. I had to include a favorite local course also.

I have been fortunate enough to play MV 5 or 6 times and love the experience. I had to include a favorite local course also.

I'm sure the round is a mild form of torture, but the amenities and experience are where it's really at. Jack just feels so grumpy with some of his designs, and that course feels like a prime example. So much slope and so much ability to ramp those things up on the stimpmeter

I'm sure the round is a mild form of torture, but the amenities and experience are where it's really at. Jack just feels so grumpy with some of his designs, and that course feels like a prime example. So much slope and so much ability to ramp those things up on the stimpmeter

I loved the golf course. I played it each time the day after The Memorial. The pin conditions were the same as Sunday but they didn't cut the greens. They were still plenty fast. The rough was brutal. I shot as low as 78 and as high as 92 depending on whether I found the fairways. We played from about 6600-6800 yards they wouldn't let us play the tournament tees.

This has kinda been done, but this is expanding of the traditonal/typical list of you favorite golf course to what is your top 5 courses that you have played. I know sometimes my top 2 or 3 can change depending on how I am veiwing or remembering the experience. What are your top 5 favorite courses you have every played? I threw in a couple honrable mentions as so feel free to do the same. Mine are below.

1. Mauna Kea Resort
2. Sea Island - Ocean Course
3. Kiawah Island - Ocean Course
4. Hammock Beach - Conservatory
5. Hammock Beach - Ocean Course

Honorable Mentions: Bay Hill, Streamsong Blue and East Lake Golf Club

The Ocean Course :love: What a track..

OK - I'll play.
1. Valhalla
2. Firestone
3. Bald Head Island
4. Surf Country Club
5. Glenmoor Country Club

Which course at Firestone?

I am a local NE Ohioan and have heard great things about Glenmoor as well.

1) Shadow Creek
2) Bay Hill
3) The Patriot
4) Pinehurst #2
5) Ozark National

1) Arcadia Bluffs
2) Kiawah Island Ocean Course
3) Calusa Pines
4) Torrey Pines
5) Links of Terranea

I loved the golf course. I played it each time the day after The Memorial. The pin conditions were the same as Sunday but they didn't cut the greens. They were still plenty fast. The rough was brutal. I shot as low as 78 and as high as 92 depending on whether I found the fairways. We played from about 6600-6800 yards they wouldn't let us play the tournament tees.

I believe it. Miss the fairway and yeah, basically death

I believe it. Miss the fairway and yeah, basically death

It was chop it out and pray. I haven't played the course in 6 or 7 years and had more speed than I do now but still nowhere near tour pro clubspeed. What those guys do out of that rough is amazing.

My favorite 5.

This has kinda been done, but this is expanding of the traditonal/typical list of you favorite golf course to what is your top 5 courses that you have played. I know sometimes my top 2 or 3 can change depending on how I am veiwing or remembering the experience. What are your top 5 favorite courses you have every played? I threw in a couple honrable mentions as so feel free to do the same. Mine are below.

1. Mauna Kea Resort
2. Sea Island - Ocean Course
3. Kiawah Island - Ocean Course
4. Hammock Beach - Conservatory
5. Hammock Beach - Ocean Course

Honorable Mentions: Bay Hill, Streamsong Blue and East Lake Golf Club
Takes balls to put East Lake as honorable mention.

My favorite 5.

Takes balls to put East Lake as honorable mention.
Any of the honorable mentions could have gotten into the 5th spot. East Lake is amazing. Just found out today that I get to play there again on April 29th.

Scrolling through first page, so many great courses played by everyone, I can't wait for my chance to tee it up on a truly pro course.

For me it's a little smaller in course type & it's more where I did something for the first time.

1 - Breckenridge golf course, first nicklaus course
2 - Whakatane Golf Club, broke 100 & first chip in birdie
3 - Atalaya Golf & Country Club, first round of golf in Europe & Spain
4 - Riverdale Knolls, first (& only) time breaking 80
5 - Talking Stick South course, first time playing with my wife

Spyglass
Pebble Beach
Troon North Monument (Scottsdale)
Forest Highlands - Canyon (Flagstaff)
Annbriar (Waterloo, IL)

-TPC Harding Park
-Tobacco Road
-Mid Pines
-Whispering Woods
-Mill Creek

Royal Birkdale
Turnberry Ailsa
Royal Co. Down
Dunbarnie Links
Hillside

if I could play golf better Royal Co. Down would be number 1 by a margin

In no order....

Kapalua Plantation
PGA West Stadium
Hammock Beach Conservatory
Blackhawk (Edmonton, Alberta)
Muskoka Bay

Favorite and not best....that’s a much more fun list for me!

1) Oak Tree National
2) Bay Hill
3) The Clive - Hideaway
4) Palmer Course - PGA National
5) True Blue

Back