Official Rant of the Day

That sucks. I’d almost say take the bet and if you win call him out on the 9th that he owes you from the previous bet and that one abs if you lose then you’ll take it off his tab.
We weren't gonna be in the same group so there's that. He's just an ass hat so there's that too.

Cell Phone Carriers. I understand why you give great deals to entice new customers to switch to your service, but why can't loyal customers, who have been with you for nearly a decade, get ANY good deals...:mad:

Company sells a unique product. It's well-reviewed by both reviewers and users. They charge a premium for said product. (They charge a premium for all their products.) Their ordering system gives you the choices of free shipping and two shipping upgrades. They don't disclose what carriers they use for any of them. Call on the phone. No answer and they suggest responses to voicemail are slower than normal, that it's better to use email. Send emails. No answers.

To add insult to injury: They advise it can take them up to three business days to ship--or maybe more, "because Covid" and if you pay for expedited shipping, but it takes them forever and a day to actually ship the product--thus defeating the point of expedited shipping, too bad, so sad--no shipping surcharge refund for you.

I think maybe I'll just do without it the verkakte thing. I'm adverse to rewarding poor customer service.

Last edited:
Last week I pounded 5 jumbo buckets practicing. This week I’ve been resting a sore back And this Saturday’s game doesn’t look like it’s happening for me at this point.
Sorry to hear it! Right there with you. Need to find a healthy balance, but also must pound range balls. It’s a vicious internal struggle!

Company sells a unique product. It's well-reviewed by both reviewers and users. They charge a premium for said product. (They charge a premium for all their products.) Their ordering system gives you the choices of free shipping and two shipping upgrades. They don't disclose what carriers they use for any of them. Call on the phone. No answer and they suggest responses to voicemail are slower than normal, that it's better to use email. Send emails. No answers.

To add insult to injury: They advise it can take them up to three business days to ship--or maybe more, "because Covid" and if you pay for expedited shipping, but it takes them forever and a day to actually ship the product--thus defeating the point of expedited shipping, too bad, so sad--no shipping surcharge refund for you.

I think maybe I'll just do without it the verkakte thing. I'm adverse to rewarding poor customer service.
I ordered a couple parts to fix our microwave Monday night. Selected FedEx ground as opppsed to their free shipping option. Three full business days have elapsed, now into the fourth, and they havent shipped yet.

I ordered a couple parts to fix our microwave Monday night. Selected FedEx ground as opppsed to their free shipping option. Three full business days have elapsed, now into the fourth, and they havent shipped yet.
For future reference: FedEx Ground is not the FedEx of "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight." FedEx Ground is a subsidiary of FedEx, and used to be known as Roadway Package System.

IME, FedEx Ground is little better than USPS. Except perhaps lately, but that's only because, lately, USPS has been a roaring dumpster fire.

And I still have yet to have received a response to either of my emails to the company in question.

Sorry to hear it! Right there with you. Need to find a healthy balance, but also must pound range balls. It’s a vicious internal struggle!

I just got an appt for the vax today so hopefully I’ll renew my gym membership and get back some conditioning I’ve lost the past year

2 days ago, I booked the first round of the year for Sunday when they said the weather was going to be 60 and sunny.
Today they change the forecast to 48 and rain....AAARGH !!!

For future reference: FedEx Ground is not the FedEx of "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight." FedEx Ground is a subsidiary of FedEx, and used to be known as Roadway Package System.

IME, FedEx Ground is little better than USPS. Except perhaps lately, but that's only because, lately, USPS has been a roaring dumpster fire.

And I still have yet to have received a response to either of my emails to the company in question.
Yeah, but it was better than their free "it might be there in 9 to 17 days" option. It would have been worth the 16 bucks had they actually shipped it out the day after I ordered the parts.

Yeah, but it was better than their free "it might be there in 9 to 17 days" option.
yikes.gif

It would have been worth the 16 bucks had they actually shipped it out the day after I ordered the parts.
Thus one of my issues with "Company." I can pay the $15 and change for the "Preferred" shipping, but: 1. What does that mean and 2. Are you actually going to ship it out at all promptly?

I am not intending to defend the shipping companies, but right now, with nearly every chemical company on the Gulf Coast trying to get parts in to repair and restart their plants and paying any price to get those parts moved, thousands of building owners trying to do the same, the fuster that is modifying vaccine distribution plans on the fly, and all of that on top of the already overstressed logistics situation for every mode in every region, individual shipments to the retail consumer are going to be at the end of the line.

I don't know why they don't realize they would be better off just saying that to the retail consumer. Because they would.

Yeah, following-up to myself, but...

So they finally answered my second email, which is good news, but, instead of actually answering the question...
Thank you for contacting Customer Support at Company. We've
received your request and will get back to you with a response as
quickly as possible.
🤯

ETA: 4-1/2 hours later: Do I finally get an answer? Nope. Instead I get a repeat of the "reply" above, for the other email I'd sent them. Wow.
shake.gif

Last edited:
Am I wrong to think that 18K-23K is ludicrous for a walk in tub? Now it had all the bells and whistles, but still. I could buy a dang new car. I was thinking 8K-10K at most. Man was I way off. I had absolutely no idea they cost that much.

Am I wrong to think that 18K-23K is ludicrous for a walk in tub? Now it had all the bells and whistles, but still. I could buy a dang new car. I was thinking 8K-10K at most. Man was I way off. I had absolutely no idea they cost that much.
Your 8-10k was probably correct pre-rona, now everything home improvement wise is stupidly priced! :mad:

Your 8-10k was probably correct pre-rona, now everything home improvement wise is stupidly priced! :mad:
You're probably right. I didn't even think about that.

Potential doesn’t mean **** if you’re unwilling to alter your mental approach to reach that potential. Fast approaching witnessing a career that never reaches the heights it should have in golf.

Cell Phone Carriers. I understand why you give great deals to entice new customers to switch to your service, but why can't loyal customers, who have been with you for nearly a decade, get ANY good deals...:mad:

That's why I cut the cord years ago. Get a letter from Dish Network about a price increase, and the need to send a tech to my house for some reason. For several years I had been seeing offers from them for new customers at $19.95/month! What do loyal, long time customers get? Crap in a bag! I dumped them. And I never signed up for anything else, and I don't miss it at all. Most of the time the TV is on just as background noise while I'm on my computer. There's only so much tube I can watch.

I am not intending to defend the shipping companies, but right now, with nearly every chemical company on the Gulf Coast trying to get parts in to repair and restart their plants and paying any price to get those parts moved, thousands of building owners trying to do the same, the fuster that is modifying vaccine distribution plans on the fly, and all of that on top of the already overstressed logistics situation for every mode in every region, individual shipments to the retail consumer are going to be at the end of the line.

I don't know why they don't realize they would be better off just saying that to the retail consumer. Because they would.

Interesting! I have a friend who's a driver for FedEx Express. He definitely looks down on the FedEx Ground guys. But he has also told me this. Since the COVID hit, it has been like the holidays nonstop! He is busting his a**! 55 to 60 hours a week. Great money with the OT, but he has no life! Gets home, takes a shower, makes something to eat, and goes to sleep to get up for work the next day.

A week later, and the shipping company still hasn't come into play in my situation.

That's why I cut the cord years ago. Get a letter from Dish Network about a price increase, and the need to send a tech to my house for some reason. For several years I had been seeing offers from them for new customers at $19.95/month! What do loyal, long time customers get? Crap in a bag! I dumped them. And I never signed up for anything else, and I don't miss it at all.
I too cut the TV cord because the value was not there for me. I wish cutting the cell phone cord was as easy...

I too cut the TV cord because the value was not there for me. I wish cutting the cell phone cord was as easy...
I am one or two cable channels and balky remote/STB from convincing my wife to cut the cord

Things were going so well, too...

Walking back from a neighbor's. Took a long step over a patch of mud. Must've come down badly, because my right knee let me know something was seriously amiss like NOW.

It's not too bad. I think. It's tender. A bit swollen. Doesn't want to bend under load. I can still walk on it. Tomorrow was supposed to be leg day at the gym. I think it's going to be more "knee rehab day."

Luckily where I'm at with my off-season work is some motions that don't require stressing the knees.

Some people in this world are rediculous.... Literally could bop someone on the head... (Reworded to avoid violence)

Why are the cable networks ramming gambling down our throats now? It seems there is one commercial after another. I am so sick of hearing it that I either turn the channel, only to find it on there too. So now I just mute the damn TV. :mad: Fanduel, MGM …. arrrrgh! :angry:

It's not just the cable networks. It's on broadcast TV, too. Used to be adverts for soda pop, snacks, breakfast cereal, paper towels, bathroom tissue, home appliances, and the like. Now we mainly get drug pushers, ambulance-chasing lawyers, and on-line gambling.

Back