The Rickie Fowler Thread

Pow right in the kisser.

But is he wrong?

I think he is wrong and it was out of line. Faldo has no idea how much time Fowler spends working on his game or if doing some commercials impacts his ability to do that.

I do believe that Fowler has been overrated. A good part of that though is how good Fowler is for the game. He comes across as friendly, genuine and approachable so people like him. If that sells product and makes him money good for him. Not everyone can function the way Faldo did.

I do think Faldo may have been trying to be funny and/or motivate Fowler but I do think he stepped over the line.

He's basically had a rough go since his ball change.

I was thinking the same thing as i typed my item and seeing those TP5 umbrellas.

Par 5 bogey hurts an otherwise good scorecard to start
Can't be bogeying the par 5s at Bay Hill.

Makes you wonder if his amazing putting of years past was masking some deeper flaws?

Man I wish Rickie would get his game back !

Can't be bogeying the par 5s at Bay Hill.

Makes you wonder if his amazing putting of years past was masking some deeper flaws?
Nope. Danger lurks everywhere there, but the whole course is laid out in front of you, just can't get greedy.

two long birdie putts to get a couple back. the cut probably is +2 or +1, unless the afternoon wave craps the bed. i'd like to see him grind out and make the cut.

Faldo put more out on this, suggesting he was trying to push him, not offend him.

I’m not buying what he’s selling 😑

I buy a little bit of it.
My work place has a bunch a British people and they do give their friends a lot of "guff" or "roasting" as SNF said.
I believe that this is what he intended.

The bigger problem for Sir Nick is that a lot of people don't get British humor and or just don't like it.
So it comes off very poorly in the manner he did this.

He should have said, "British people roast their "mates", so Ricky .."fill in the rest of what he said.

Faldo put more out on this, suggesting he was trying to push him, not offend him.

Quarantine hasnt been kind to Old Nick and his overly grown Mutton Chops. Sweet Jesus. Get a haircut brother.

As someone who uses snark and bad humour to my disadvantage pretty regularly, I can absolutely relate to being a misunderstanding of sarcasm - I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here for how often I catch the wrong side of it haha

One thing I consider - Outside of the basic bad press click action, what does he gain from saying something like that if it was genuinely malicious?

I buy a little bit of it.
My work place has a bunch a British people and they do give their friends a lot of "guff" or "roasting" as SNF said.
I believe that this is what he intended.

The bigger problem for Sir Nick is that a lot of people don't get British humor and or just don't like it.
So it comes off very poorly in the manner he did this.

He should have said, "British people roast their "mates", so Ricky .."fill in the rest of what he said.
I’m in a fragile emotional state regarding Rickie’s game!

As someone who uses snark and bad humour to my disadvantage pretty regularly, I can absolutely relate to being a misunderstanding of sarcasm - I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here for how often I catch the wrong side of it haha

One thing I consider - Outside of the basic bad press click action, what does he gain from saying something like that if it was genuinely malicious?
No it makes sense and it’s a nice move for Sir Sqairz to clear the air. I just want all-orange, tournament-winning Rickie back!

No it makes sense and it’s a nice move for Sir Sqairz to clear the air. I just want all-orange, tournament-winning Rickie back!
You and me both, my dude. That would be awesome.

Rickie becoming a winner again would be a big push for golf.
Most people like him now and his playing terrible.
If he plays more like when he's wont eh Player's, then it's a big ol' wave up for golf.

@Canadan : if SNF said this in the way most are taking it, given how the world is now, would you say he would have a great chance of losing his cushy job in the booth? Why would take that chance? He wouldn't IMO

Cut is at +2 currently. Hopefully it stays there and Rickie can go on a tear.

Rickie becoming a winner again would be a big push for golf.
Most people like him now and his playing terrible.
If he plays more like when he's wont eh Player's, then it's a big ol' wave up for golf.

@Canadan : if SNF said this in the way most are taking it, given how the world is now, would you say he would have a great chance of losing his cushy job in the booth? Why would take that chance? He wouldn't IMO
that is a good question. Then again, plenty of higher profile guys on GC etc don't mind throwing players under the bus.

that is a good question. Then again, plenty of higher profile guys on GC etc don't mind throwing players under the bus.
This didn't cross my mind, but your right.

I mean, Brandel Chamblee used to regularly and thoroughly trash Tiger every chance he got. He was Tiger's biggest critic, and that was during the peak of TW's popularity, so I honestly don't think GC is averse to their people saying negative things about players.

With that said, I do think part of the reason Faldo is backpedaling so hard is that he (deservedly, IMO) got a lot more blowback for his comment than he anticipated. I thought it was a terrible hot take on his part, and I'm no wilting daisy - snark and sarcastic humor is my native language, and like you, @Canadan, it's sometimes to my detriment when it comes off wrong and isn't taken how I intended it. I'll also admit that my perception of it is colored by the fact that I'm not a Faldo fan in the first place, FWIW.

Last edited:
Gettin paid this weekend Rick. Let’s have a weekend and build some confidence

I’m hoping Rickie thinks no more of Faldo than I do. Hell I’m. It even a fan of sir Nicks shoes. I am a big Rickie fan. Hope that he is on his way to better golf. His good golf is fine but has a bad hole that’s cost dearly. Hoping that gets straightened out

Hoping Rickie finds his game.... I don’t know if it’s club related, ball related or something in his noggin’.... but i really hope he sorts it out. Rickie is a likeable guy and, i think, a genuinely decent guy, so it’s pretty easy to root for him to play better.

Sir Nick... just go peddle your shoes....

Why did Rickie decide on the swing change again? Do you think it is an equipment issue (ball, shafts, irons) or more due to putting woes?

Back