What golf stuff did you buy today?

Those look great! How padded are the inside of the heels? I typically stick with FJ because their heels are usually well padded. These look like they might be the same.
I will let you know more when I get them, but the heels are very padded. The store didn't have my size so the one I tried on was a little tight. The toes were less padded but I thought they still felt very good to walk in. The FJ Hyperflex was really comfortable, but the course is always wet and I was afraid they wouldn't hold up as well. I'll send some pics of the ZG21 when they get here.

The Cally preowned Jaws wedgies came in ....they def look “like new.”

Got it. I was wondering due to some uneven condition ratings I’ve experienced with woods. Always assumed wedges might be better than rated.

Got it. I was wondering due to some uneven condition ratings I’ve experienced with woods. Always assumed wedges might be better than rated.
They look great. Look just as good as most store rack wedges I’ve seen.

No buys... Currently shopping for an affordable set of irons for my buddy.

We were at a Walmart today. While my wife was shopping for grub, I meandered over to the sporting goods area.

While there I noticed a clearance sale area. To my surprise I see some 1' foot X 2' foot golf practice mats.

These were dual surface mats. Fairway lie, and first cut + lie combo surfaces. The backing was a black solid rubber, and there was a receiver for tees. There was some definite weight to the packaging. It appeared to be a quality built item.

I picked one up, and noticed a $5 clearance price on it. Not believing the price was correct, I ask an employee with a hand scanner to check it. Sure enough it was $5.

I bought all four of them. Pretty sure 3 of them will be used for birthday gifts for some young golfers I know.

Greens fees

What can I say, I’m a sucker for truvis

AE5395FC-25C5-47D6-B2EB-FBE7359B71DE.jpeg

I tried to buy new grips at my local store (national retailer) as they are having their annual 40% off sale. Ordering online was a no-go, since they don't show the grips I use, but have bought there every year for the last ten years. Figured I'd drop into a store and grab them. Nada - not a single Golf Pride grip in the house :cry:

Also thought while I was there I could check out the new FJ Hyperflex shoes - also a no go. Hard to believe a national retailer wouldn't have a single FJ shoe on the shelves but it's true. Sad really.

Something else arrived
20210304_140951.jpg20210304_140958.jpg

Those look great! How padded are the inside of the heels? I typically stick with FJ because their heels are usually well padded. These look like they might be the same.
ZG21’s came today. They feel fantastic. Thanks to Budget for the fast shipment.

The heel is super padded both around the inside and bottom of the shoe. They have the boost cushion in the bottom of the shoe as well as the padding in the insert. The insert transitions less a lot into the toe which makes it less padded, you can tell a big difference from the heel, but still feels fine to me with a sock on. The black shoes also came with a red pair of shoe strings which I doubt I will use but some might. I can’t wait to try them out on the course. Here is a few pics that will hopefully help.

8BDE4508-90DE-4871-ACBD-FFEA3D363EA3.jpeg0C1CADD3-48B9-4C92-9BBA-CD551DD07008.jpegE1970AD6-6544-419C-8060-E60BC6654909.jpeg1028F219-6683-45D2-87F2-AA550B12A876.jpeg

Picked up some Callaway Supersoft balls for a birthday present.

Ordered some more Snell MTB-X balls and this beauty from Tattoo Golf.

aloha_II_teal_front__43339.1613420272.jpg

Twelve Golf Price MCC Standard White grips.

Put the TSi3 in the bag.

witb.jpg

I play Fujikura Atmos Red 5R shafts in my 3w & 5w. The other day just for kicks and giggles, I pulled out my BB Heavenwood and played a round with it. I had forgotten what a hook machine it is for me. So, I found an Atmos on RockBottomGolf.com for $30. My pro is reshafting my Heavenwood with it this weekend. We'll find out next week whether I like the shaft in this particular club. I figure at worst that all I've blown is $30 on a club that was gathering dust anyway.

(2) MCA MMT 70X fwy wood shafts to put in my Mavrik Max fwy woods.

Taylormade Sim2 driver, Sim2 Max 3w, Sim2 Max 5W, Sim2 3H and TM P790 4-PW irons... Now I need to shop for some wedges... I can't believe I just ordered them. I'm sort of in shock even though I caused it myself.

Back