First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Mine moved from backordered to shipped. I’m hoping this weekend to start testing.

I’m still considering the 4 iron though I am waiting to make that decision until after getting some time in.
I was a little nervous about the 4 and 5 iron in the pros but after yesterday, I felt so good with those too clubs. I was striking them good yesterday.

I wonder if there's a way to check order status on the Callaway site if ordered through my LGS...

I wonder if there's a way to check order status on the Callaway site if ordered through my LGS...
The answer to this is no. You have to call retail customer service and you will have to have the order number and the LGS account number in order to get a status. I only know this because I did it on my driver when there were issues and no one could tell me what the heck was going on. Good luck getting the LGS giving you that info. I happened to luck up when my fitter sent me a pic of what he was seeing in the status and his rep couldn't give him a straight answer as to the hold up, otherwise I would have to just wait it out.

The answer to this is no. You have to call retail customer service and you will have to have the order number and the LGS account number in order to get a status. I only know this because I did it on my driver when there were issues and no one could tell me what the heck was going on. Good luck getting the LGS giving you that info. I happened to luck up when my fitter sent me a pic of what he was seeing in the status and his rep couldn't give him a straight answer as to the hold up, otherwise I would have to just wait it out.
They'd probably tell me, I just don't want them know about my impatience. :ROFLMAO:

They'd probably tell me, I just don't want them know about my impatience. :ROFLMAO:
Oh I didn't tell my fitter I called, lol. I just did some behind the scenes investigation. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My Apex Pros are "Being Packed" !

My Apex Pros are "Being Packed" !

Callaway is not messing around with the shipping. Mine changed to being packed yesterday and are on a delivery truck this morning.

Do I wait for my full bag fitting or do I just dive in? I've got a big money-game trip at the end of May so if I'm going to jump I need to do it soon in order to be dialed by then.

Callaway is not messing around with the shipping. Mine changed to being packed yesterday and are on a delivery truck this morning.

The same was true with my driver. I was impressed, given it was coming from Mexico.

Do I wait for my full bag fitting or do I just dive in? I've got a big money-game trip at the end of May so if I'm going to jump I need to do it soon in order to be dialed by then.

Dive in.

Swapped over all my arccos sensors to the new set yesterday, will check them all into the app tonight, cant wait to get them on the course.

UPS has been on point!

Put your swim trunks on big boy!

Well, I had to bench my new Apex 21 irons and go back to my old (2008) Mizuno MX-200 irons. I played much better today with the Mizuno irons in the bag.

I‘m now waiting for the JPX-921Forged irons that I have on order. I think the shafts in those irons should work better for me.

I won’t give up on Apex 21 irons yet. I just need to make some swing improvements...

When is the fitting?

02F12C57-ED71-4420-A230-200734689FEA.jpeg

End of March
If the lead time of the clubs you're fit to isn't bad I'd probably wait until then. You've had some crap luck buying blind lately. Might give you and excuse to jam in a bunch of golf before the trip too, if you need to dial them in. We all need excuses for extra golf. ;)

45 holes this weekend with greens actually open! Going to put in some work with the Pros!

Last edited:
All I have to say is Recoil Dart. Wow. I've played Recoil 95's in the past and have been back into my comfort zone with KBS 120's for the last couple of seasons. I got fit into the 75g Darts today and got a much higher peak, better spin numbers, better descent, no decrease in dispersion, and all in a shaft 45g lighter than what I'm playing.

End of March

wait. these clubs are amazing. but there are plenty of great options and the fitting is close enough. lead times on these callaways actually seem to be less than most too.

wait. these clubs are amazing. but there are plenty of great options and the fitting is close enough. lead times on these callaways actually seem to be less than most too.
I agree. They’re great. But, you don’t want any doubt. Give them a chance to earn the spot in the bag.

So, just watched Michael Newton’s review on the TCB. He made a comment along the line is, “this is not your distance iron, not designed to hit the ball a long way.” That speaks to me. I have been looking for pictures and videos on these and I’m absolutely smitten.

The design elements that I question in theX Forged CB seem to be a non issue with these. Specifically, the offset. The blade looks nice and compact. Just a gorgeous club.

If anyone is suffering from FOMO like me, here’s the video.

If these get released in the states, I’d definitely be tempted. But, having already invested in the Apex Pro it would be a tough sell to my better half. I really wish these would have been part of the broad release. Even as just a special order club. I likely would have learned this way from the start.

Don’t get me wrong, the Apex Pro is a great club. My only fear is that it will be too distance oriented and I’ve struggled with that in the past. So far they seem pretty consistent. The 4-7 definitely feel like a different club than the 8-PW. But, that’s indoors on a simulator. We’ll see how it shakes out in a few weeks when the course opens. If they misbehave I might pull an @OldandStiff and get some from overseas if they’re not available here yet.

Back