Ben Hogan EdgeEX Irons?

Dang...available in April. I ordered irons on March 5 that are estimated to ship on April 23. Had I known this was coming I might have held off.

My question is are the current Edge irons not forgiving enough?

I didn’t find enough separation in forgiveness with the Edge to choose them over the PTxPros. 4 months later I still feel that way.

the new edgeEX may havechanged the math.

Will the spin profile be different from other Hogan irons?

Great tease, looks intriguing. Hogan just keeps bringing the 🔥!

I don't think anybody hit them on the GCQuad during the event, as they were testing the driver on there.
Weight placement will always play a role in spin, as well as loft and a few other things, but I wouldn't expect these to be targeting the low spin distance area.

Saw this on their various social media channels yesterday. Looks like I will be taking advantage of their demo program again in the near future.

I’m not sure of the spin numbers, drivers were being hit on the Quad, when I had the irons.

They felt great, the offset wasn’t egregious, & they were awesome with turf interaction... We only had demos of the 4 iron & PW. That was all Tyler could get.

Last edited:
I wonder where these would have ranked, if available during my iron search?

I wonder where these would have ranked, if available during my iron search?
We were actually talking about that during the testing I remember.
You liked them a lot at Hammock Beach.

Suspense is built. I did like the PTx irons, but interested to see where Hogan is going with these.

We were actually talking about that during the testing I remember.
You liked them a lot at Hammock Beach.
I did like them a lot on the range...

Saw this on their various social media channels yesterday. Looks like I will be taking advantage of their demo program again in the near future.

Hello - Where did you see them? Would like to take a peek. Thank you

Its the same video that is in the first post.

Thank you I thought there was another. Guess we are in a holding pattern for now.
Stay safe

Won't be too long. We have it ready to go when pre-order begins.
THPers at the Experience last year got a sneak peek at these and a chance to hit them and their feedback so far is in the thread.
Im sure more coming soon.

I hit them at the UST Mamiya/ Ben Hogan Experience last November... They look great in hand.

I hit them at the UST Mamiya/ Ben Hogan Experience last November... They look great in hand.
Thank you JDax - Cant wait to see them. Used to play the Apex Edge Forged back in the day.
Wow I'm getting old...

Thank you JDax - Cant wait to see them. Used to play the Apex Edge Forged back in the day.
Wow I'm getting old...

I played them also. They were my first cavity back forged irons and I have been playing that style of iron ever since.

Hello - Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Stay safe!

Back