Played ozark again a few times. With downswing penalty I keep getting the same score. Going to try Nintendo golf club now.
Give willow springs a try...tell me what you think too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So what was being smoked that created official crazy par 6s?

there are about 6 willow springs which one?
Sheesh....I'll have to look, unless you can sort by creator, it'll be under BrevetBoys2. It'll be the thumbnail with a picture of a single hole/fairway

I published a ROUGH draft of the front 9 on a new course design yesterday. Looking for feedback on layout and look/feel.

If you do play it, just play the back tees on pin 1 as I haven’t spot checked all the tees/pins yet.

Also haven’t done final shaping on bunkers or any planting yet - just the routing, fairways and greens.

The course is called Canyon v1. Thanks for the inspiration @stevie-a

Played a course last night called Nintendo Golf Club. If you are looking for a fun layout with some Nintendo nostalgia baked in, give it a shot.
Played this one over the weekend...lots of fun even only managing a 71 (-1). Some interesting holes on that course.

PS4 users - Please acknowledge to possibly fire up a PS4 society. Gets boring playing vs the course each round.

Speaking of multi-play, does the game keep track of multi-player or online stats? When matchmaking, I like the Match Play and the 2v2 Alt shot and would love to see what overall records are but I don't believe this is captured.

Played this one over the weekend...lots of fun even only managing a 71 (-1). Some interesting holes on that course.

PS4 users - Please acknowledge to possibly fire up a PS4 society. Gets boring playing vs the course each round.

Speaking of multi-play, does the game keep track of multi-player or online stats? When matchmaking, I like the Match Play and the 2v2 Alt shot and would love to see what overall records are but I don't believe this is captured.
In the society, it keeps stats for the season...and then resets if/when you end the season.

You can determine when you reset....so it's totally up the society admins.

Give willow springs a try...tell me what you think too

I enjoyed the course. It’s a real place your tee shot well or you will have a overhanging tree to go around for the approach type of course. Narrow fairways it was tough on pro l shot 2 over.

I enjoyed the course. It’s a real place your tee shot well or you will have a overhanging tree to go around for the approach type of course. Narrow fairways it was tough on pro l shot 2 over.
Yessir....on Pro with DS its a beast.

When I have some time the next course I have in mind will be a challenge for 18 holes.

I published a ROUGH draft of the front 9 on a new course design yesterday. Looking for feedback on layout and look/feel.
The course is called Canyon v1. Thanks for the inspiration @stevie-a

good course! Don’t know if it was my system but hole 2 was a tad glitchy and hole 5 the tee box was in the rough. Enjoyed the elevation changes the last couple holes.

good course! Don’t know if it was my system but hole 2 was a tad glitchy and hole 5 the tee box was in the rough. Enjoyed the elevation changes the last couple holes.
@5150 i'm gonna give it a go tomorrow morning

Thanks! It’s still a rough draft... lots of work left to do. What tees did you play?

Re: glitchy - that’s odd; I have done zero planting on it yet so the file size is still quite small.

I forgot what tees, probably back. the glitchy was most likely my system, only happened on hole 2.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback!

I like the front 9 layout so far. Trying to mix up tee shots so there are options off the tee and also provide some nice views, etc. there are a few meh holes, particularly the par 3s need work.

I’m just starting to map out the back 9... want to try to hug the river on the way out to the coastline, do a few Pebble style holes on the coast and then head back up to the clubhouse.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback!

I like the front 9 layout so far. Trying to mix up tee shots so there are options off the tee and also provide some nice views, etc. there are a few meh holes, particularly the par 3s need work.

I’m just starting to map out the back 9... want to try to hug the river on the way out to the coastline, do a few Pebble style holes on the coast and then head back up to the clubhouse.

@5150

Played the course on Pro with downswing meter ON.

#1 - good opening hole, nice elevated tee with visual

#2 - slope on front of green is pretty severe, so a putt that I rolled just past the hole ended up off the green. Not saying you have to adjust this, but definitely got my attention to watch for penalizing spots on the greens going forward

#4 - par 3 with some strong potential...maybe expand the green more width-wise, but keep the depth as you have it now....will give you more options for pin positions

#7 - par 3 with a tiny, domed green next to water. Wow...tough hole with downswing meter on. With the edges of the green sloping off it requires a SUPER accurate shot. With downswing off, this would be a great hole.

#9 - good uphill hole with a sliver fairway... I made the fairway, but crapped the bed with my pitch (slow) and was short right in the rough and ended up with a bogey.

Overall, the front 9 definitely has potential. I think you may have to consider whether you intend for it to be a track we play on our tour (no downswing meter) vs on normal Pro. If the later, you may need to widen the fairways.

As for the views and design, I personally am a fan of this terrain. I know you'll go back in and add scenery (trees, rocks, more bunkers(?), and maybe even some character items like animals or vehicles) and bridges / wood posts/surrounds on a couple greens.

Great job man, can't wait to play the finished product!

Last edited:
Great feedback; appreciate the details... see below...

@5150

Played the course on Pro with downswing meter ON.

#1 - good opening hole, nice elevated tee with visual

Thanks! I wanted the first tee shot to be eye catching. The thing about it, though, is if you route the course so 1 & 10 tee and 9 and 18 green all end up near each other at the clubhouse, then it's tough to have a great view on the finishing hole... trying to sort that out with the back 9 routing.

#2 - slope on front of green is pretty severe, so a putt that I rolled just past the hole ended up off the green. Not saying you have to adjust this, but definitely got my attention to watch for penalizing spots on the greens going forward

I will look at that - haven't done enough play testing yet; that's good for me to know. I don't mind putts that roll off the green, but it should take a BIG miss for that to happen, not a good putt that just rolled a foot past.

#4 - par 3 with some strong potential...maybe expand the green more width-wise, but keep the depth as you have it now....will give you more options for pin positions

Good call on the width. I struggled a bit with this one and feel like the potential is there but it's not right yet. I intend to set the wind to blow onshore at medium, which I think will make that a tougher shot than it looks like if I keep the depth as it is (as you noted).

#7 - par 3 with a tiny, domed green next to water. Wow...tough hole with downswing meter on. With the edges of the green sloping off it requires a SUPER accurate shot. With downswing off, this would be a great hole.

Yeah... I'm not sold on this one yet. I've been exploring the use of closely mown grass as a hazard, so like if you miss left, it'll roll down the slope into the drink, but to your point I think it's too tough right now. Probably needs a larger green.

#9 - good uphill hole with a sliver fairway... I made the fairway, but crapped the bed with my pitch (slow) and was short right in the rough and ended up with a bogey.

I'd like to explore this one a bit more, particularly the fairway, to offer more options and some risk-reward... if you pull driver, you'll have to hit a good one, but 3w or 5w will leave you a wider fairway, etc.

Overall, the front 9 definitely has potential. I think you may have to consider whether you intend for it to be a track we play on our tour (no downswing meter) vs on normal Pro. If the later, you may need to widen the fairways.

Cool; thanks! That's a good word there. I'll do more play testing with downswing on and wind set to medium blowing onshore.

As for the views and design, I personally am a fan of this terrain. I know you'll go back in and add scenery (trees, rocks, more bunkers(?), and maybe even some character items like animals or vehicles) and bridges / wood posts/surrounds on a couple greens.

For sure on the scenery and bunkers... I'll do that last after getting the layout more or less nailed down. As far as the scenery, I keep thinking of Texas hill country (north of San Antonio, or north of Austin), but somehow magically near an ocean, haha.

Great job man, can't wait to play the finished product!

Right on thanks! Looking forward to your next project as well.

The lakes in Austin are pretty big....so could be Lake Travis area....hell, could be just off Lake Grapevine or Lewisville Lake too.

I know you mentioned a visit to my area soon, keep me posted...we'll definitely have to get out and play.

As for my next 2k course, started messing with one earlier today. Have always wanted to do a "Highlands" style course with rocky cliffs and edges, with forced carries and slopes that can reward or kill.... Realistic, but also a degree of fantasy -- think Golden Tee-esque to some degree.

The lakes in Austin are pretty big....so could be Lake Travis area....hell, could be just off Lake Grapevine or Lewisville Lake too.

I know you mentioned a visit to my area soon, keep me posted...we'll definitely have to get out and play.

As for my next 2k course, started messing with one earlier today. Have always wanted to do a "Highlands" style course with rocky cliffs and edges, with forced carries and slopes that can reward or kill.... Realistic, but also a degree of fantasy -- think Golden Tee-esque to some degree.

Yeah, the visit was related to helping my dad move, which got shifted around. I'll keep you posted.

I do like the Highlands theme... I did one called Hope Highlands, but it's not too cliff-y, more just links land. Would like to try that again as well.

It's probably time for me to migrate from Pro-Am to Pro, but I enjoy dominating the tour. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I got bored and downloaded this game over the weekend. I need to play with the difficulty to make it a bit more challenging. I won the first two events pretty handily on "normal" computer difficulty. It's still fun on these rainy days we've had all week.

It's probably time for me to migrate from Pro-Am to Pro, but I enjoy dominating the tour. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It took a while to finally just stay at pro. I was so annoyed at the jump from pro-am. Even after calibrating my tempo it still took a bit to not hook it off the screen. Good luck.

It's probably time for me to migrate from Pro-Am to Pro, but I enjoy dominating the tour.
Xbox, PS or PC?

I got bored and downloaded this game over the weekend. I need to play with the difficulty to make it a bit more challenging. I won the first two events pretty handily on "normal" computer difficulty. It's still fun on these rainy days we've had all week.
Xbox, PS or PC?

We have a pretty good group on Xbox....nice to have like 7-8 people playing each event

Back