True Linkswear TRUE Original 1.2

init.6

Always Sunny
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8GHIN
20210330_123908.jpg

New shoe from True Linkswear that is a an update on the Original with added "bulletproof" leather that is supposed to resist scuffs, wrinkles, and water better than the first. I'll be walking a lot this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they hold up. Looking at them now, I can’t imagine the white toes of these holding up for a season without major scuffing but I’d be really pleased if the leather works as advertised because it looks so sharp.

I'm new to the TL brand but my first reaction is that these are about as comfortable a golf shoe as any I own. Don’t know if it is the zero drop or the cushioning but they have a very plush feeling sole. They also feel light but not overly unstructured and are very flexible out of the box. Ordered 2 pair a half-size apart because of TL's reputation for having a wide toe. These fit pretty true to size, so I may end up exchanging the smaller one as it does feel a bit tight. Was concerned about how much grip these would have but they seem pretty solid. Will need to get them out on the course to test, but I’m already impressed by how deep the grooves are on these “spikeless” shoes. A huge step up from my standard spikeless walking shoes (FootJoy MProject).

Came in a really nice bag instead of a shoe box. It feels like canvas on the front with a plastic buckle to enclose them in the back. Everything looks very stylish, from the presentation to the shoes themselves, but they do look like golf shoes so I wouldn't wear them off the course.

Attachments

• 20210330_124019.jpg
    20210330_124019.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26
Be interested in hearing your thoughts on these. Have always contemplated these but never pulled the trigger. Don't know enough people that have had them and I would really like to try them on in store first.

Will update after I get a round or two in these. Not sure if the picture of the bag the shoes came in went through (attached but didn’t see them in my post), so here it is:

20210330_124019.jpg

I have a few pairs of True's - they've become my favorite golf shoe. Looking forward to hearing how this new version is.

Great looking shoes and they have some nice color options. Anybody know if they’re more or less comfortable than Ecco?

I have the Originals and am considering getting a pair of the new ones. They look really good. I'll be following along to see what you think of the 1.2s.

The 1.2s are really nice looking shoes, love that black/white colorway. I have two pair of OGs and a pair of OG feels, very comfortable shoes and they've held up well. I look forward to hearing your input on them.

I love the pair of Trues that I have. They were running a big promotion today for Joel Damiens win. BOGO on the eco knit line. I almost pulled the trigger but reviews stated a narrow toe box so I held off. Interested to see how these west for ya.

I kinda want to try these again. I bought the Original a few years ago and ended up returning them because I wasn’t in love. But the all white look so good. 🤔

Great looking shoes and they have some nice color options. Anybody know if they’re more or less comfortable than Ecco?
I wore ECCO's for about 10 years prior to getting TRUE's. For my feet there's no comparison - TRUE all the way.

looking forward to your thoughts on these. After following TRUE for the past year I went all in last week and bought 2 pairs of the Knit II, OG Premium, and OG Feel. They arrive today and cant wait to try them on!

I have the Lux Line and for me they are great. They don't look like golf shoes and I can take 1 or 2 pair on a trip and use them for casual and golf wear.

Usually, Trues do not have a lot of cushion because they want you to feel the ground and green, which is why I enjoy them. You are not a half inch off the ground. They are comfortable and look like a casual shoe (the Lux Line) but have great grip for the course.

I'm a fan so far. Walked 27 holes this weekend and they felt comfortable throughout. Not as cushioned as I thought they would be but the grip is much better than I thought it would be. The course was a bit muddied up today and I felt glued to the ground on every swing. I think I'm going to enjoy the ones I ordered a half size smaller, however. The bigger shoe isn't ill-fitting, but I think I would prefer a more snug fit on the course (will update when I try those).

I understand what @Desmond is saying about these shoes being good on the greens. I felt like it was easier for my feet to identify the contours (not that it helped my putting). Took a bit to get used to, but I enjoy the feel. The low action does not make them feel any less comfortable to walk in than my older FJ's.

Finally, the shoe is holding up to scuffs and is easy to clean (wet toothbrush and microfiber towel to dry). Here are some before/after shots following my round and after cleaning today:

20210404_130558.jpg
20210404_131522.jpg

I'm a fan so far. Walked 27 holes this weekend and they felt comfortable throughout. Not as cushioned as I thought they would be but the grip is much better than I thought it would be. The course was a bit muddied up today and I felt glued to the ground on every swing. I think I'm going to enjoy the ones I ordered a half size smaller, however. The bigger shoe isn't ill-fitting, but I think I would prefer a more snug fit on the course (will update when I try those).

I understand what @Desmond is saying about these shoes being good on the greens. I felt like it was easier for my feet to identify the contours (not that it helped my putting). Took a bit to get used to, but I enjoy the feel. The low action does not make them feel any less comfortable to walk in than my older FJ's.

Finally, the shoe is holding up to scuffs and is easy to clean (wet toothbrush and microfiber towel to dry). Here are some before/after shots following my round and after cleaning today:

View attachment 9001326
View attachment 9001327

How are these holding up? I’m interested.

Question for the experienced True wearers...I recently bought a pair of the Knit II shoes in Canada from an EBay golf retailer. I followed True’s fitting directions and their guide was a 1/2 size larger then my normal shoe. I really wanted to try the True shoes because I have an issue with my toes and I need a wide toebox.

Unfortunately even though I got a half size larger, I have to take the insole out and put in a thinner insole in the shoe in order to wear them. Has anybody else experienced the same issue? They just didn’t have as wide a toe box that I expected although looking at the Knit II compared to the True Original 1.2 they do look like they have a slightly narrower toolbox.

I would really like to order a pair of the Original 1.2 shoes but I’m a little bit afraid that since I have to import them from the US I need to get the size right so I’m thinking of going another half size larger. Anybody got any feedback that can guide me who may have some experience with the various models including the O 1.2. Thanks

You might have a look at this page for help on sizing:
Size guide – TRUE linkswear

You can see in the table at the bottom that the Knit II are "wider" but the Original are "widest". The OG 1.2 should be similar to the Originals.

My guess is if you need a wider toebox (I do too) the OG 1.2 will be more generous than the Knit II, so you shouldn't have to size up. I wore the (Original) True Originals several years ago and loved them for this reason. Just ordered some OG Feels yesterday to wear in the desert for summer, and I ordered my normal size.

Question for the experienced True wearers...I recently bought a pair of the Knit II shoes in Canada from an EBay golf retailer. I followed True’s fitting directions and their guide was a 1/2 size larger then my normal shoe. I really wanted to try the True shoes because I have an issue with my toes and I need a wide toebox.

Unfortunately even though I got a half size larger, I have to take the insole out and put in a thinner insole in the shoe in order to wear them. Has anybody else experienced the same issue? They just didn’t have as wide a toe box that I expected although looking at the Knit II compared to the True Original 1.2 they do look like they have a slightly narrower toolbox.

I would really like to order a pair of the Original 1.2 shoes but I’m a little bit afraid that since I have to import them from the US I need to get the size right so I’m thinking of going another half size larger. Anybody got any feedback that can guide me who may have some experience with the various models including the O 1.2. Thanks
The original and original 1.2 offer the widest toe box. I need a wide toe box as well and the Originals are the only ones I wear. I find their other models taper in too much.

These are holding up great so far (I’ll try to get another pic of the shoes for anyone interested). I’m not confident in the claim that they’ll stay “scuffless” due to the new toe leather material because I’m already seeing some marks after about 3 rounds in each. Dirt wipes away very easily however, all I use is an old toothbrush and some warm water and the shoes look good as new. This is saying something, considering most of my April rounds have been in or just after rainfall.

Speaking of rain—the waterproofing is excellent. I stepped into a huge puddle during my round last week and my feet/socks were bone dry. They check all the boxes for waterproofing. In an ideal world, I would have gone a half size smaller on both shoes instead of just one. I did have the option of exchanging the bigger pair for a $9 restock fee but these shoes are sold out until mid-May so I decided it wasn’t a big enough problem for me to go through the trouble. The shoes themselves fit well, but the wide toe is more comfortable down a half-size.

One part of the shoe that is still worrying me is the neoprene tongue. It gets dirty and doesn’t clean as well as the rest of the shoe. I’m not sure if a picture will show it now, but I could see them getting very dirty after a month or so with no way of cleaning them up. I’ll update if my suspicions are true.

These are holding up great so far (I’ll try to get another pic of the shoes for anyone interested). I’m not confident in the claim that they’ll stay “scuffless” due to the new toe leather material because I’m already seeing some marks after about 3 rounds in each. Dirt wipes away very easily however, all I use is an old toothbrush and some warm water and the shoes look good as new. This is saying something, considering most of my April rounds have been in or just after rainfall.

Speaking of rain—the waterproofing is excellent. I stepped into a huge puddle during my round last week and my feet/socks were bone dry. They check all the boxes for waterproofing. In an ideal world, I would have gone a half size smaller on both shoes instead of just one. I did have the option of exchanging the bigger pair for a $9 restock fee but these shoes are sold out until mid-May so I decided it wasn’t a big enough problem for me to go through the trouble. The shoes themselves fit well, but the wide toe is more comfortable down a half-size.

One part of the shoe that is still worrying me is the neoprene tongue. It gets dirty and doesn’t clean as well as the rest of the shoe. I’m not sure if a picture will show it now, but I could see them getting very dirty after a month or so with no way of cleaning them up. I’ll update if my suspicions are true.

Try some type of waterproofer on it like ReviveX, which I use to re-waterproof RainWear. They also have detergent. I experiment. Around the cushion on the exterior where it is white, I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get off dirt.

20210426_182416.jpg

Pic of the shoes above. Scuff wouldn't come up on pictures, so thats a sign of how small it is. Will update if it gets bigger over time.

Still can’t decide on these vs Ecco S Three.

Still can’t decide on these vs Ecco S Three.

Do you want a cushiony shoe or a feel the ground shoe? For me, it depends on how you read putts. If you use your feet to read slope, I take the less cushioned shoe. If you use your eyes, take the cushy one.

Do you want a cushiony shoe or a feel the ground shoe? For me, it depends on how you read putts. If you use your feet to read slope, I take the less cushioned shoe. If you use your eyes, take the cushy one.

Ecco it is.

Not enough cushion in the 1.2?

I used to have a bunch of Trues. And all were light on the cushion as you mention (could feel pebbles in parking lots while walking to course), but always plenty of cushion for walking on grass. But as I have found I prefer to play in my CodeChaos more than any shoe I currently own, I’m thinking cushion is a premium.

Still can’t figure out why adidas abandoned the codechaos???

But I have 2 pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA And don’t think they are a highly cushioned shoe.

Love the true look.

Ecco it is.

Not enough cushion in the 1.2?

I used to have a bunch of Trues. And all were light on the cushion as you mention (could feel pebbles in parking lots while walking to course), but always plenty of cushion for walking on grass. But as I have found I prefer to play in my CodeChaos more than any shoe I currently own, I’m thinking cushion is a premium.

Still can’t figure out why adidas abandoned the codechaos???

But I have 2 pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA And don’t think they are a highly cushioned shoe.

Love the true look.

Well, True is putting a cushier insole in the Lux Line - I don't know about the 1.2. But you can purchase another insole and fit it in the True - may depend on your instep. Mine is high but I manage to find an insole that works.

I have Biom Hybrid 3 and I am between size 44 and 45 - and neither is just right.

Well, True is putting a cushier insole in the Lux Line - I don't know about the 1.2. But you can purchase another insole and fit it in the True - may depend on your instep. Mine is high but I manage to find an insole that works.

I have Biom Hybrid 3 and I am between size 44 and 45 - and neither is just right.

I’m a 47 in Ecco and fit is perfect. Just wanted more cushion in the biom hybrid 3. People seem to talk like there is in reviews for S-three

A 13 has always been perfect for me as well in Trues

Back