CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2021 edition is coming and we have the captains and 6 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #2 of the new year and you could join them.

Untitled-2.jpg

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Callaway has a full lineup of golf balls and part of that is the Chrome Soft Family. It is made up of Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X and Chrome Soft X LS. They also have a pretty neat golf ball selector that can be found here.

Qualifying
You must be a 2021 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to know which golf ball you would select from the Chrome Soft Family and if it matches what is selected from the online ball selector tool. Entering is pretty easy. Choose the ball you think you would play in the event and then go through the online ball selector and once it offers the golf ball for you, take a screen shot.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.50.56 AM.png

Then in a post below, tell us which ball you selected before hand and what the online tool selected for you.
That is it. Then sit back and see if you get your ticket punched to the Grandaddy of em All!

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until early next week and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant.

Dropping like it's hot over here.

New teammate incoming! Good luck everyone!!

*Callaway’s ball fitting tool in 5 minutes*

New contest time!!! Love it! Get those entries in THP!

Since I haven't used the tool before, I ran through it real quick. No surprise that it recommended my favorite golf ball haha.

1618412296696.png

Wow, the Grandaddy competition is heating up! Good luck folks; looking forward to this oen

As a current member, I wanted to get involved and see if my thoughts were correct.

I have been playing the CSX with TT for almost a year. My assumptions were correct.

1618412426039.png

I’d play the Chrome Soft. It’s one of my usual selections now!

And that matches the online tool!

27821BA8-68E6-4BB4-AEF2-AF7236F7E12B.png

I would personally choose the Chrome Soft X non triple track version.
Sure enough here are my results:

203A46ED-088B-44C0-AFC9-62FAA5D0E83A.png

Chrome Soft would be my choice. I've played it for a few years and it's a pretty good fit for me. TT is a great bonus.

Online selector tool agrees:
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.02.43 AM.png

For me I'm picking the Chrome Soft X LS in yellow with Triple Track. From the reading I've done this is the "just right" I'm looking for between the CS and the CSX. I prefer the feel and forgiveness of the CS, while liking the speed and greenside spin of the CSX.

However, the ball selector puts me back in the standard CS. You can see my handicap and estimated driver distance; for traits I went 1) Straight 2) Soft Feel and 3) Greenside spin. Really no losing either way :D
1618412583867.png

I would normally select the Chrome Soft X

//initiate selector: chose straight, firm feel, greenside control in that order

callawacs.jpg

voila.

good luck all.

I hope you guys have crashed the Callaway site due to ball-fitting traffic already...

I really thought I'd like to try the Chrome Soft X LS. But the online selection tool fit me into the Chrome Soft X

1618414003243.png

Last edited:
I need to do this selector! Let's go! Get your entries in! Don't want to miss out on a chance of a lifetime!

I would have picked the Chrome Soft X. Fitting tool picked regular Chrome Soft. Screenshot_20210414-110330_Chrome.jpg

1618412790414.png
Such a cool contest and entry! I was thinking of trying the LS. I have played with both the Softs and X balls. I generally want something with a low-mid flight off the tee with low spin but a slightly higher launch and with more spin off the irons. The X launches a tad low for my swing with my irons, but I love the greenside spin, something that I didn't always get with the soft. The quick survey gave me the Chrome Soft X (probably for the lower ball flight with more spin off iron and wedges).

Good luck everyone!

Great contest! Good luck, everyone!

For fun, I’ll go check out the tool, but I already know the CSX TT is an awesome ball for me. Four dozen of each white and yellow at home.

I have been playing chrome soft with triple track, just tried out chromes soft x with tripe track and while I could play either I prefer the X. Going through the selector tool:

04997204-7306-4B25-9C83-9C915D6A0487.jpeg
And first two are chrome soft with triple track (white 1, yellow 2) and chrome soft x with triple track was 3rd. Feel like that works well for me and my game!

I haven't played the latest Chrome Soft ball yet but from previous versions, I would choose the standard Chrome Soft golf ball.

Now here is what the selector told me:
1618413034979.png

Well, I'm glad my thoughts were verified!!
It wouldn't stop me from trying the others in the lineup but I've always enjoyed the standard Chrome Soft ball.

Great to see another Grandaddy contest up so soon! Thanks THP and Callaway Golf, for the opportunity of a lifetime. :drinks:

Entry:

I would select the Chrome Soft. I tested the Chrome Soft here on THP last summer, and they were a really good fit, checked all the boxes for me.

The Callaway Online Ball Selector says:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 080502.png

So I have been trying the CSx recently because my #1 priority is greenside spin. The ball feels excellent and I would likely have selected it for the event. I got the regular CS on the ball selector, however. Interesting...

Thanks again for another opportunity to go on the trip of a lifetime!

Screenshot_20210414-111147_Chrome.jpg

Back