Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I am just curious if anyone here has the ISO-T driver. I don't hear much about them and Golfworks currently has a sale on their paks.
I have both a 10.5 and the 9.5 head. The 9.5 is a missile but it's a bit fade biased. Lower launching and definitely a low spin head. The single weight port allows you to dial in swingweight very easily.
Feel wise it has a great crushed it feel through the ball. I would consider this a better players head or if you are fighting a hook/draw.
The KE4 TC head is a bit more forgiving and I would call it a neutral head. But the adjustable hosel allows you to dial it in. Which a lot of golfers never mess with anyways but it's a nice feature.
The STi2 driver head is a bit more draw biased. The M890 is even more so but just the hint of a draw.
Lower cap players should start with the ISO-T and go up from there. KE4, STi2 and M890 in that order.
In play i have had some of my longest driving days with the ISO-T. Bomb after bomb. But I've also had days were it got banished to the demo pile for a month. Not to be touched.
Feel wise the ISO-T is the best when hit flush.
For the simulator season I have the KE4 TC in play with an Xcaliber Pro TSL 50g TS flex. It's been extremely reliable with the ability to smash it or smooth it.
As the outdoors rolls out I'll probably let them fight it out with some matching shafts. ISO-T vs KE4TC. My struggles with a driver in a simulator can be legendary. Yet in real life I drive far better. I just think I can visualize my target a lot easier and swing freely.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I know it's all right there in the confirmation email. I'm stopping at the first point of contact because I've run my own business long enough to know it's not the customer's responsibility to find solutions to a businesses error. I replied to the confirmation email asking for substitution options a couple days ago and have heard nothing yet. Why the heck didn't they offer a solution like a similar grip that they do have in stock so they could get me the clubs? Most companies will follow up with a solution to a problem instead of what feels like indifference.
I don't disagree with what you posted. I don't own a business but we treat customers like they matter. And yeah, GolfWorks can be hit or miss on the customer service and how out of stock items are handled. I've experienced mostly good customer service from Golfworks, and some that was not very good. Oddly enough, my last order was also held up due to the grips not being in stock. I simply asked them to ship the components and built the clubs myself. In that particular instance, the woman I spoke with was very pleasant.

In the end, I like the products and prices enough to put up with the less than stellar customer service. And honestly, their service is better than the one and only golf shop in my area.

I have both a 10.5 and the 9.5 head. The 9.5 is a missile but it's a bit fade biased. Lower launching and definitely a low spin head. The single weight port allows you to dial in swingweight very easily.
Feel wise it has a great crushed it feel through the ball. I would consider this a better players head or if you are fighting a hook/draw.
The KE4 TC head is a bit more forgiving and I would call it a neutral head. But the adjustable hosel allows you to dial it in. Which a lot of golfers never mess with anyways but it's a nice feature.
The STi2 driver head is a bit more draw biased. The M890 is even more so but just the hint of a draw.
Lower cap players should start with the ISO-T and go up from there. KE4, STi2 and M890 in that order.
In play i have had some of my longest driving days with the ISO-T. Bomb after bomb. But I've also had days were it got banished to the demo pile for a month. Not to be touched.
Feel wise the ISO-T is the best when hit flush.
For the simulator season I have the KE4 TC in play with an Xcaliber Pro TSL 50g TS flex. It's been extremely reliable with the ability to smash it or smooth it.
As the outdoors rolls out I'll probably let them fight it out with some matching shafts. ISO-T vs KE4TC. My struggles with a driver in a simulator can be legendary. Yet in real life I drive far better. I just think I can visualize my target a lot easier and swing freely.

Thanks for the analysis/review. Though I am not in the market for a driver right now, if I had to choose one of the Maltby drivers I would probably go with the STI2. I tend to stay away from the adjustable drivers because I know I wouldn't take advantage of the tech. Just set it and forget it. So the simplicity of the STI2 is appealing, assuming I can pair it with the right shaft.

I tend to stay away from the adjustable drivers because I know I wouldn't take advantage of the tech.

I questioned that myself before I bought my adjustable driver, but I wanted to try out the different settings to see which worked best with my swing. Eventually though, I’ll end up setting and forgetting it too.

Thanks for the analysis/review. Though I am not in the market for a driver right now, if I had to choose one of the Maltby drivers I would probably go with the STI2. I tend to stay away from the adjustable drivers because I know I wouldn't take advantage of the tech. Just set it and forget it. So the simplicity of the STI2 is appealing, assuming I can pair it with the right shaft.
I questioned that myself before I bought my adjustable driver, but I wanted to try out the different settings to see which worked best with my swing. Eventually though, I’ll end up setting and forgetting it too.
The biggest thing with the Maltby drivers is the ease of changing the head weight. The replacement weights are readily accessible and inexpensive. Not having the loft/lie be adjustable is something we can adapt to with a swing path. Most golfers set it and forget it. I've found the biggest thing to fit was the right swing weight. But as a side note after a few dozen swings most golfers can adapt to a new setup that isn't optimal for their feel or normal swingweight. Maybe a tempo change or a different transition aggression and they can be happy.
Doing shaft or head testing can get a bit crazy at times with how many different combinations will go through my hands in a given session. Trying to keep the swings weight the same helps the most. As some shaft weights or balance points will vary greatly. If i have a tournament coming up I won't go near a test shaft. I get too many thoughts running through my tiny brain.
One thing that can be confounding is how our swing changes from day to day. So fit a golfer on a good day and maybe he can't hit that two days later. If possible I always like to see someone hit a setup on multiple days. Like the Xcaliber RTi demo clubs. Keep them a week and hit them in every possible way. It really helps guys decide where they need to be on flex. It sometimes take a second shaft head setup to be shipped out.
Anyways long story short Maltby has a head setup for just about everyone.

Do you guys have any idea when Maltby releases there new report every year on iron heads? I was fit into 2021 clubs but I can't really compare them unfortunately cause there is no MPF for any of em.

I like this company so much I'm actually considering flying there for a full bag fitting. With flight and buying irons there still gonna come out 1k cheaper then a club champion fitting and buy.

Last edited:
Do you guys have any idea when Maltby releases there new report every year on iron heads? I was fit into 2021 clubs but I can't really compare them unfortunately cause there is no MPF for any of em.

I like this company so much I'm actually considering flying there for a full bag fitting. With flight and buying irons there still gonna come out 1k cheaper then a club champion fitting and buy.

That would make for a great thread!

I finally got around to removing the white paint fill on my DBM-finish wedges. The first one looks phenomenal. The M-Series+ is being discontinued so hopefully we will see another black DBM wedge from them in the future. 79F97362-3314-400C-8191-FCD405C6461D.jpeg98013237-C5F7-4DCD-B285-E90979455AEF.jpeg

Another update: I replaced the 52* M-Series+ head with a DBM GW head bent 1 flat and 1 weak. I prefer a more iron-like head in that spot. White paint fill removed from all and paired with black shafts, so this Dream Team is fully blacked out. Love the look and performance of this setup.
GW: DBM (51)
SW: M-Series+ (56)
LW: Tour Grind MG (60)
If Golfworks comes out with a higher bounce black wedge to replace the M-Series+ I’ll probably put it in the LW spot. I just prefer that setup but am happy for now.
BA8766E4-8749-4AF4-AEB4-84809DC886B4.jpeg

Another update: I replaced the 52* M-Series+ head with a DBM GW head bent 1 flat and 1 weak. I prefer a more iron-like head in that spot. White paint fill removed from all and paired with black shafts, so this Dream Team is fully blacked out. Love the look and performance of this setup.
GW: DBM (51)
SW: M-Series+ (56)
LW: Tour Grind MG (60)
If Golfworks comes out with a higher bounce black wedge to replace the M-Series+ I’ll probably put it in the LW spot. I just prefer that setup but am happy for now.
View attachment 9003232
That is quite an interesting mix. They are all designed differently with the approach to play them just as different.

That is quite an interesting mix. They are all designed differently with the approach to play them just as different.

Yes indeed. This is my first time configuring a wedge set with any real purpose or thought behind it so we will see how it goes.

Full swing assignments are pretty straightforward: PW = 140, GW = 120, SW = 105, LW = 75ish.

In the short game, I really like chipping with an iron profile in the 50ish degree loft range: straight leading edge and thinner top line give me confidence, and the trajectory and spin are what I like for chipping. Hence the DBM GW. The high bounce and thicker sole of the SW make it the workhorse: I play as many pitch shots as possible with a square face and neutral attack to engage the bounce, and the M-Series+ Tour profile is perfect for me. I think I got one of the last heads before they went out of stock permanently. The 60* LW is a new club for me: previous wedges topped out at 57*.The Tour Grind MG is a narrower sole with sharper leading edge grind than I would prefer, but (1) I need black and (2) the M-Series+ Tour didn’t come in LW lofts. I do like the straighter leading edge and seem to hit this club well this far.

My overall takeaway is that Maltby irons and wedges are as advertised by their supporters on here. At their price point they are a complete steal. I would absolutely go with the TSW wedge if it came in black - that design looks to have the best of everything.

Last edited:
For all you Maltby fans...after an incredibly long research "project". I got fitted from Club Champion way back in February and finally now pulled the trigger. I was fitted into Mizuno Hot Metal Pros and just could not come around the cost. I used the Maltby Playability Factor and reviewed the measurements and construction and came to the conclusion that TS-2's were very comparable.

Had Popeye build me a set with the X-Caliber Rapid Tapers and I couldn't be happier. Hit them all over the sim today and I love them...

Attachments

• IMG_4181.JPEG
    IMG_4181.JPEG
    137.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4182.JPEG
    IMG_4182.JPEG
    55 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4183.JPEG
    IMG_4183.JPEG
    59.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4184.JPEG
    IMG_4184.JPEG
    114.3 KB · Views: 58
For all you Maltby fans...after an incredibly long research "project". I got fitted from Club Champion way back in February and finally now pulled the trigger. I was fitted into Mizuno Hot Metal Pros and just could not come around the cost. I used the Maltby Playability Factor and reviewed the measurements and construction and came to the conclusion that TS-2's were very comparable.

Had Popeye build me a set with the X-Caliber Rapid Tapers and I couldn't be happier. Hit them all over the sim today and I love them...
Nice! X-Caliber has some really nice shafts and Maltby clubs are solid clubs. I have been playing my Maltby wedge and hybrids for quite a number of rounds and they perform as well as any high dollar clubs.

You will have to let us know how they do as you get some rounds under your belt with them.

Was lucky to get a partial set of the Maltby PTM heads (6-GW), and searching for 5 iron to complete the set. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Great irons,,, got a set,, was practicing with my 6 iron tonight, and after a few swings, said to myself .. sweet.. don't need to update yet.. Sorry mine are'nt for sale, but good luck.. maybe 'popeye' can help...

Was lucky to get a partial set of the Maltby PTM heads (8-GW), and searching for 5-7 to complete the set. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Scarlet have you tried calling Golfworks directly? I would try that.
I would also try reaching out to Popeye. His name is all throughout this thread, but he might have some PTM heads laying around and could build those 3 out.

Scarlet have you tried calling Golfworks directly? I would try that.
I would also try reaching out to Popeye. His name is all throughout this thread, but he might have some PTM heads laying around and could build those 3 out.
Thank you so much for that suggestion! Golfworks had a display set (6-PW) that they sold me for next to nothing. Only need the 5 iron now, and have back-ups for 8-PW. Go Heels!

Thank you so much for that suggestion! Golfworks had a display set (6-PW) that they sold me for next to nothing. Only need the 5 iron now, and have back-ups for 8-PW. Go Heels!
I only have 6 iron heads anyways. No 5s.

Can you bend a 6 to 5?
Even if I could bend it 4 degrees which I might get 3,, you would ruin the bounce and be left with a bigger offset as well.

New guy here. I play Maltby TS1 irons and Maltby M Series wedges. I like the low bounce options Maltby offers. It helps on the hard pan surfaces I play on in AZ.

Has anyone actually hit a Maltby KE4 TC HyWay utility club? I know they are in stock at Golfworks but I haven't seen any reviews. I play a Cobra F6 Baffler at 19* before transitioning to a 5 iron. Pondering the 23* Hyway as the club to fill the gap but would like to see some reviews or get some feedback before diving in.

Has anyone actually hit a Maltby KE4 TC HyWay utility club? I know they are in stock at Golfworks but I haven't seen any reviews. I play a Cobra F6 Baffler at 19* before transitioning to a 5 iron. Pondering the 23* Hyway as the club to fill the gap but would like to see some reviews or get some feedback before diving in.
I just got back from the range with the 21° HYWAY. I put a recycled Xcaliber Pro FW S that I had tipped but sort of lost track of where it was. Installed it in the HYWAY trimmed for a 7 wood, at least I think it was... The shaft was far too stuff as I quickly found out but I did get a good idea of how the head performed.
I find the over all size and shape of the HYWAY to be just right. It has a taller face and a back side that's not overly long front to back.
It certainly launches the ball with authority. It got up very quickly and took off. I did not have my monitor but it seemed to go a long way. I found feel to be a bit Clicky, almost too much, but I think that was the far too stiff shaft more than anything.
I went to the back edge of the range where the grass was really deep. Dropped a few balls straight down. The club did a really good job of digging the ball out. As expected the flight was lower but the club did not get hung up. This will advace the ball nicely out of some penalizing rough.. During the session I did not hit a single ball that went left. The miss was a slight push to the right, not a fade just a push.
I found a Superlite FW S shaft that's new so I'll be reshafting tonight and seeing if I can get some better feel from the head.
This head certainly has some pop to it. The height it produced will give it a very soft landing. I see this as being able to hold a green from 200-210 yards with ease.
I'll chime back in with the Superlite shaft in a few days. Aside from my shaft choice it shows serious promise.

82b5997e78669864ffe8b0f916ea43c6.jpg
82307ad4686e1e7d18c6335d19eff9ba.jpg
c4041870bc58aabe7bb3dfb8267de797.jpg

I just got back from the range with the 21° HYWAY. I put a recycled Xcaliber Pro FW S that I had tipped but sort of lost track of where it was. Installed it in the HYWAY trimmed for a 7 wood, at least I think it was... The shaft was far too stuff as I quickly found out but I did get a good idea of how the head performed.
I find the over all size and shape of the HYWAY to be just right. It has a taller face and a back side that's not overly long front to back.
It certainly launches the ball with authority. It got up very quickly and took off. I did not have my monitor but it seemed to go a long way. I found feel to be a bit Clicky, almost too much, but I think that was the far too stiff shaft more than anything.
I went to the back edge of the range where the grass was really deep. Dropped a few balls straight down. The club did a really good job of digging the ball out. As expected the flight was lower but the club did not get hung up. This will advace the ball nicely out of some penalizing rough.. During the session I did not hit a single ball that went left. The miss was a slight push to the right, not a fade just a push.
I found a Superlite FW S shaft that's new so I'll be reshafting tonight and seeing if I can get some better feel from the head.
This head certainly has some pop to it. The height it produced will give it a very soft landing. I see this as being able to hold a green from 200-210 yards with ease.
I'll chime back in with the Superlite shaft in a few days. Aside from my shaft choice it shows serious promise.

82b5997e78669864ffe8b0f916ea43c6.jpg
82307ad4686e1e7d18c6335d19eff9ba.jpg
c4041870bc58aabe7bb3dfb8267de797.jpg
Looks great although the face looks a little tall in the pics. Might just be the camera angle. Sounds like it plays similar to my Cobra F6 Baffler which is what I'm looking for. Let me know how it plays with a different shaft and I appreciate you taking time to post a review

Back