Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

I gotta remember to charge the link tonight when I get home.
Looking forward to a full season with it.

I find the Caddie still gives me some weird club combinations.

I have now had 2 rounds with the link and have been impressed so far as long as its not covered on your belt by a pullover or jacket.
I then used it on my trouser pocket and it picked up everything apart from missing the odd tap in.

One thing that I’ve figured out is that there is a “Smart Putt” feature that will sometimes add putts based on your previous history. Interesting feature that will require you to go back and check over your rounds.

Another round in with the Link and another round where it failed to pick up shots. Before going out this weekend, I did some diagnostics with the clubs to be sure all were paired and working. Did find one club where the sensor was not registering so figured that the battery had died, so I replaced it.

Made sure the Link was on and getting a good GPS signal atleast 5 minutes before the round and clipped the Link on the outside of my shorts pocket.

Opened a support ticket and will be getting some more diagnostics done with the Link, but sure doesn't instill a lot of confidence that this thing is worth it, for me anyway.

Man I need to find mine and charge it, don’t even know where it is haha. That’s the problem with it being so small

Had my first round with the Link today and it worked almost flawlessly. I had to add two putts and remove one.

The best thing about today was the fact I forgot to charge my phone and got a message my battery on the phone was less than 20% at hole 6. I stopped looking at my phone and just let the link do it’s thing. After the round was over and I got home, I noticed my round had completed and all holes counted. I just had to update a few putts, but very happy with how easy that was.

First round and a win for the link.

I’ve now used the Link for 2 rounds, and it’s been great. But I still have no idea how to mark a flagstick location with the Link. How hard do you have to press the button on the Link to record the location? Is it for a few seconds? Just a single press? Do you hear any feedback? I’ve been doing the single quick press, but I don’t think a single flagstick has been located.

Looks like I may have received a bad device with a faulty microphone. Did some testing and diagnostics with Arccos via email. Screen shot of how you can tell if Link is working properly and detecting clubs. Took the Link and some clubs outside, let Link get GPS signal and then see if it detected clubs and also detect mating club on ground. Mine did not detect anything unfortunately.

07DFB129-F9BE-462C-84F0-CC282522C7B5.png

I did then try to hold the link right at the end of the club and strike the ground and it detected one club out of 4 that I was testing with. Waiting for their latest response but I think I’ll be getting a replacement device.

I love this system so far, but this has been annoying me.... seems like this is how the sensor screws in for all golf pride putter grips.

DCB5EBF1-E667-4CC3-84B7-D61AE5DD16A4.jpeg

Link arrived this weekend (luckily was able to get it for the preorder price since I somehow never saw the email to purchase it once it was finally ready). Will give this a go next time I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve now used the Link for 2 rounds, and it’s been great. But I still have no idea how to mark a flagstick location with the Link. How hard do you have to press the button on the Link to record the location? Is it for a few seconds? Just a single press? Do you hear any feedback? I’ve been doing the single quick press, but I don’t think a single flagstick has been located.

It should just be a single click press and release there is no feedback (would be nice though). I just checked a couple of mine from today and it looks like it is picking up locations as they all seem to be roughly where I remember them. I am hoping they get round to adding the full putt tracking they mentioned a while ago now.

I love this system so far, but this has been annoying me.... seems like this is how the sensor screws in for all golf pride putter grips.

View attachment 9003793
Just a suggestion, but this attachment works great for me on a multitude of size grips for the putter

2E63A084-7482-40D0-B9FC-5E5921C2A195.jpeg

I have just lost my 2nd putter sensor. They don't seem to stay on real well.

Continuing the troubleshooting of my Link device. Arccos pushed a new firmware to my account which updated the Link and was supposed to correct the issue I was having which they believe was a microphone issue. The new firmware made no change to it's faulty behavior, so they sent me a Fedex label to send it back to them. Once received they will send me a new one.

Continuing the troubleshooting of my Link device. Arccos pushed a new firmware to my account which updated the Link and was supposed to correct the issue I was having which they believe was a microphone issue. The new firmware made no change to it's faulty behavior, so they sent me a Fedex label to send it back to them. Once received they will send me a new one.
Just played my first round with it. It missed a few shots but fortunately it sounds like I had better luck with it then you are having. That being said, I don't have a sensor on the current putter I'm using so it thought I shout a 74...... Which is comical and I obviously did not! :ROFLMAO:

Just played my first round with it. It missed a few shots but fortunately it sounds like I had better luck with it then you are having. That being said, I don't have a sensor on the current putter I'm using so it thought I shout a 74...... Which is comical and I obviously did not! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I have certainly had some rounds show up like that on Arccos even with putter sensor on. With my faulty Link I was such a stud when it would pick up a putt, and I would be given a hole in one or an Alby on holes when no other shots were being picked up. :ROFLMAO:

I got my Link today, and put in nine holes with it this evening. I had lots of trouble with missed shots when relying on my mid-grade Android phone; missing 20+ shots some rounds. It was a chore to keep up with everything on the card to fill in the gaps afterwards.

Today, I just let the Link do its thing to see how it worked. On full shots, it was flawless. It recorded every one of them, which never happened when the phone was doing the work.

One weak spot today was tap-in putts. I don't think it captured any of them. Those are easy to fix mid-round, though, so it's a good trade-off. It'd be better if it would hear them, as well. I'm not sure how well pressing the Link button to mark the hole location worked, either. This could be a GPS accuracy issue, though, as they were at least in the vicinity on most holes. There could be some user error here, too.

For the first time out, it was highly encouraging. The second round I played with Arccos last spring was a nightmare. My phone battery was down to ~20% by hole 13, and I had to play with a Mophie in my back pocket the rest of the round. It was bad enough for me to take all the screw-in tags off and give Shot Scope V3 a try. Granted it's only a half-round, but the Link appears like it will be a big improvement, for me. No phone drain, no phone in the pocket, no missed full shots.

So I have three rounds under my belt with the Link. The first round was a complete loss, it lost GPS signal on the fifth hole so I switched to the phone. Once it had signal back I couldn't figure out how to switch back to the link so I gave up. Second round yesterday had it clipped on my belt, and had full signal all day. I did find it to be a bit more sensitive than the phone, however as sometimes while carrying a club down the fairway after a shot and/or around the green I sometimes tap the club on the ground as I walk (like a cane) I found several instances where the Link added extra shots, but I got pretty good at editing the previous hole while proceeding to the next tee. It also seemed like it wanted to add a putt every time I marked the pin position. Today was a similar experience; started with my wind jacket on and after the first hole discovered it didn't pick up any shots so I moved it to my pocket and it got everything after that. I rode today so I kept my phone in the cupholder, and just used a quick check whilst driving to the next tee. I'm assuming the link stores the shot data in the event it's out of range of the phone? My cartner was in a different time zone most of the round so my phone was a distance away but it still got it right.
Time will tell, but it does seem like a good product thus far.

Bumping this thread to share my Arccos experience. Picked mine up in late July. Have 17 rounds in with it. I do have the Link, and I wear it outside the lower edge of my left front pocket.

Honestly, my results have been mixed. Usually I average 2 missed shots per round. Additionally, it usually only picks up about half my putts. I've tried clicking the Link button when standing next to the pin to mark its location, but it hasn't picked up the pin position once. The issues with putting are the most disappointing to me, as that was the main reason I invested in the full system. The money itself doesn't bother me as I feel it was a fair price. I just wish it lived up to my expectations.

I'll continue using the system through the end of the season and/or year then reevaluate. I don't mind a couple of dropped wood and iron shots. They're easy to fix. But if I can't figure out the issues related to putting, I'll probably stop using the system.

I keep forgetting to grab mine when I go play.. That might be a sign..

About ready to sell mine. That being said, I really enjoy "re-living" my round looking through making sure all my shots were put in.

I’m a diehard Arccos user. I considered the link when I first got the system a year or so ago but the reviews like these (and others) drove me away from it. I went ahead and purchased an Apple Watch and it performs outstanding. The added bonus of the yardages, club recommendations, wind, elevation and ability to mark hole locations with the watch is great as well of course. When I’m on the green it prompts me to mark it. So when I take my ball out of the hole I just hit the button on my watch real quick and it’s done.

In my experiences Arccos has been really responsive to feedback from their customers. I have to believe something is in the works to supplant the link with all the issues it has had. Maybe an Arccos Watch? Or a link that can attach to the wrist somehow? Ultimately the closer you can get the mic to the club face unobstructed the better it picks up shots. With my Apple Watch Series 6 I have gone several rounds without it missing any shots. In fact I’ve bumped a wedge into my putter carrying both walking and had it accidentally log a strike. Which is easy to fix.

They just released an update to the app which allows WAY more control of individual club data that impacts the caddie algorithm for club recommendations. Very cool. Update your app if you haven’t already.

I’m a diehard Arccos user. I considered the link when I first got the system a year or so ago but the reviews like these (and others) drove me away from it. I went ahead and purchased an Apple Watch and it performs outstanding. The added bonus of the yardages, club recommendations, wind, elevation and ability to mark hole locations with the watch is great as well of course. When I’m on the green it prompts me to mark it. So when I take my ball out of the hole I just hit the button on my watch real quick and it’s done.

In my experiences Arccos has been really responsive to feedback from their customers. I have to believe something is in the works to supplant the link with all the issues it has had. Maybe an Arccos Watch? Or a link that can attach to the wrist somehow? Ultimately the closer you can get the mic to the club face unobstructed the better it picks up shots. With my Apple Watch Series 6 I have gone several rounds without it missing any shots. In fact I’ve bumped a wedge into my putter carrying both walking and had it accidentally log a strike. Which is easy to fix.

They just released an update to the app which allows WAY more control of individual club data that impacts the caddie algorithm for club recommendations. Very cool. Update your app if you haven’t already.
You might be the first person I have heard have a good experience with the watch. All I remember hearing was how fast the battery drained and syncing issues. I like the link because it allows you to track data AND play music. If thats not something anyone is interested in I don't see the point unless you really hate the phone in pocket.

I officially cancelled my subscription earlier this week. Like before, the app is outstanding with the information but too many misses and screw ups during the round for me to justify the cost. Using it the past year with 2.7K shots and 48 rounds has pretty much solidified what I already knew about my game. The most helpful part was the AI with live weather conditions. Yet every hole I had to check the putts because it didn't record enough or recorded too many, plus then the gps recording shots on the wrong hole just had me staring and checking all the time instead of just playing golf.

Back