ACCRA I Series Steel Shafts

I just got fit into Accra i steel i25. Very unique but super smooth feeling shafts. What makes them so great for fitters is they can basically create almost any kind of flex they desire for each individual. Been playing modus for the last 2 seasons. It came down to the Accra and project x ls. The new project x is awesome! It was basically a toss up with numbers. I got a little more ball speed with project x, but my dispersion with Accra set it apart. Also, I could feel the Accra shaft load a little better. With project x it felt more like an extension of my arm. I really liked the feel of the shaft load with Accra a little better.

These definitely have flown under the radar with such limited info out there and real world data. These are only found at fitting locations hence why alot of people dont know about these still... Even Accra in general flys under the radar with the average golfer but every Accra shaft ive tried ive been very very impressed

After hitting these yesterday I thin I finally found my shaft. No more tinkering!!! The 125 was the best balance of feel and stiffness ive tried in a shaft before. $ 130 and Modus 130 were close and I could happily game either one, but the iSteel 125 was the most consistent

iSteel 125 lowered my launch a touch and really tightened up dispersion. I consistently hit soft baby fades with these compared to the draws I was hitting with c-taper lite 115. The fitter described the 125 as being a more tip stiff (and slightly heavier) Modus 120 and thats a very accurate description. You can feel the shaft load slightly but its not a shaft I feel I could over power

These definitely have flown under the radar with such limited info out there and real world data. These are only found at fitting locations hence why alot of people dont know about these still... Even Accra in general flys under the radar with the average golfer but every Accra shaft ive tried ive been very very impressed

After hitting these yesterday I thin I finally found my shaft. No more tinkering!!! The 125 was the best balance of feel and stiffness ive tried in a shaft before. $ 130 and Modus 130 were close and I could happily game either one, but the iSteel 125 was the most consistent

iSteel 125 lowered my launch a touch and really tightened up dispersion. I consistently hit soft baby fades with these compared to the draws I was hitting with c-taper lite 115. The fitter described the 125 as being a more tip stiff (and slightly heavier) Modus 120 and thats a very accurate description. You can feel the shaft load slightly but its not a shaft I feel I could over power
This doesn’t help my desire to track a set down eventually. They’re SUCH a riddle to me based on practically no feedback.

This doesn’t help my desire to track a set down eventually. They’re SUCH a riddle to me based on practically no feedback.
Probably the most fun ive had trying a new shaft before. The first swing felt amazing and I noticed a huge difference immediately in the feel off the face. The ball seemed to jump off the face

The reference of a more tip stiff version of Modus 120x is the best way I can describe it. The weird thing is my swing speed increased 1.2 MPH over the c-taper lite 115x ive been using

Accra did an awesome job with this shaft. They kept their signature smooth feel in a shaft that plays so stable. It has no business feeling as smooth as it does for how it plays.

Accra did an awesome job with this shaft. They kept their signature smooth feel in a shaft that plays so stable. It has no business feeling as smooth as it does for how it plays.
yea its amazing what they did with this shaft. Extremely stable and never really lost one with it. Modus is know for their smoothness but also bc it plays softer. Whatever Accra did with this steel shaft makes me want to throw it in my wedges too

Is the shock apsorbtion similar the Nippon or less?

I'm thinking of trying the isteel 125 or iwedge 130 in a wedge.

Is the shock apsorbtion similar the Nippon or less?
I would put them pretty equal. Immediately following the iSteel 125 they had me try the Modus 130. Felt very similar on great contact and thin shots.

Modus felt a touch heavier but the 130 really impressed. It did not feel heavy at all

Ive never actually played Modus on course so dont have great feedback with them

Probably the most fun ive had trying a new shaft before. The first swing felt amazing and I noticed a huge difference immediately in the feel off the face. The ball seemed to jump off the face

The reference of a more tip stiff version of Modus 120x is the best way I can describe it. The weird thing is my swing speed increased 1.2 MPH over the c-taper lite 115x ive been using
That sounds great, I'm playing the modus 120s but could use more weight and stiffness to make fading the ball easier.

That sounds great, I'm playing the modus 120s but could use more weight and stiffness to make fading the ball easier.
as someone who usually hits straight or a mild draw, the Accra's had me hit baby fade over and over without trying to

as someone who usually hits straight or a mild draw, the Accra's had me hit baby fade over and over without trying to
That's my preferred ball flight. How do they play to flex?

That's my preferred ball flight. How do they play to flex?
Id say softer to flex. Accra's weird with the description of these bc the 105, 115, and 125 dont have flex ratings. Just says they get stiffer with weight. Id say these play between a stiff and x stiff

Id say softer to flex. Accra's weird with the description of these bc the 105, 115, and 125 dont have flex ratings. Just says they get stiffer with weight. Id say these play between a stiff and x stiff
They do get stiffer with weight but there's a flex range they can build to with each weight.

yea its amazing what they did with this shaft. Extremely stable and never really lost one with it. Modus is know for their smoothness but also bc it plays softer. Whatever Accra did with this steel shaft makes me want to throw it in my wedges too
I think I'm going to try a 125 in my 54*.

Absolutely love these!!! Great feel, very subtle kick through impact

the top of the shaft is stepped while the bottom half is stepless. Very very stable without feeling like a board

Attachments

• 39687214-84C0-4B76-A1A6-010F4FA7790F.jpeg
    39687214-84C0-4B76-A1A6-010F4FA7790F.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 017143E8-D2B0-4592-B8E2-5539D91903F8.jpeg
    017143E8-D2B0-4592-B8E2-5539D91903F8.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 6062CFB3-1478-4BA1-8FAA-D17A710C412F.jpeg
    6062CFB3-1478-4BA1-8FAA-D17A710C412F.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 19
I have one in my 54*, great shaft.

Im still a breath from grabbing a set of these. It’s probably my biggest ponder right now.

Im still a breath from grabbing a set of these. It’s probably my biggest ponder right now.
Why delay the inevitable? :cool:

You won't be disappointed. They are legit and really smooth.

Trying a 105 in my 6i.......haven't gotten on the course but from range these are as mentioned above .....smooth but tight in dispersion.....

Does anyone else have more to add?

ive got 5 rounds in with these and about 10 range sessions. The more I play them I would compare them to KBS $-Taper...Great feel, very small subtle kick through impact. Dispersion has been excellent with these

After playing 115g shafts the past 2+ years ive really noticed these 125g reduce the curve left or right on bad shots.

For the first time in a long long time, I am very happy with my iron setup. I cant imagine anything kicking these out of the bag. I no longer feel the need to endlessly browse eBay for iron sets and shafts im curious to try

Nice review/read on this site

Back