scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to my local PGATour Superstore to try on several styles of spiked shoes. Adidas ZG21, FootJoy Premiere, FootJoy HyperFlex were in stock. I looked for several others from UA and Puma but they weren't in stock. While the Hyperflex was the most comfortable, it seemed to lack stability and support as it felt more like a house shoe than a golf shoe. lol The Premier felt good but a bit stiff which made me think of break in time. The Adidas ZG21 hit all check marks. Comfortable, stable, support. I can see why they are popular with the Adidas rep'd guys on tour. I price checked with my club and their member price was $20 cheaper than PGATour Superstore price. So, I placed the order with my pro shop. Hopefully, they can get them in fairly quickly.

I would much rather be able to try them on as you did then buy blind. I have had good luck with two pair of those bought blind though.

The FJ Premiere Tarlows and Packards break in much faster than you might think. I have three pairs.....so far. (2 Tarlow and 1 Packard) Love them all.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
I bet you will like them. I have 3 sets of Adidas, 2 Tour 360 XT (Black pair and White pair) and 1 Tour 360 (Grey) and they are by far the most comfortable and stable golf shoes I have ever owned. Got my grey ones on ebay new for $60 and then paid $70 for the white (guy had worn them 2 rounds and didn't like) and the black for $75 (guy wore them to the range and had trouble tieing due to hip replacement). Both the white pair and the black pair didn't even look like they had been worn. They were flawless. They didn't even have wrinkles in the toe box area. I don't normally buy used shoes but I felt ok in this situation. Again, most comfortable and stable shoes I have owned and they are super hard to find in my size right now without paying an arm and a leg. Haven't tried the ZG21, but I like the looks of them. Should be set for a while now. Got the Greys and the whites mid last summer and just got the blacks this week. You will have to let us know how the ZG21 work out for you.

I'm a shoe rep. I catch heck everyday with customers telling me people come in and try on shoes then go on the internet to buy them.
At least at PGAGSS you can just grab the shoes you like without making anyone wait on you. I'm not complaining btw.I do it myself.

I'm a shoe rep. I catch heck everyday with customers telling me people come in and try on shoes then go on the internet to buy them.
At least at PGAGSS you can just grab the shoes you like without making anyone wait on you. I'm not complaining btw.I do it myself.
At my club, they typically only stock 9 1/2 on up for the models they carry. I wear a 9. So, my choice is try elsewhere or order without trying on. The member discount was enough to have me order from the club instead of buying right then at PGATSS. Otherwise, I was ready to buy the pair at PGATSS.

Consider yourself lucky to be able to try on higher end shoes.
Both PGASS and Van's here in Tucson don't carry any of the more premium lines.
I had to have them order what I wanted in 2 sizes (FJ Premier) and send back the ones that didn't fit.
More proof this is the "poor man's Palm Springs" LOL

Back