Name your favorite all time Callaway Driver

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I was thinking about this question today while playing a round comparing the new Epic Speed and Epic Max LS. I honestly believe that the Max LS may be the easiest Callaway driver to make do what I need in a driver of any that I have ever played. The combination of spin, ball flight and forgiveness may also be something that I have never seen before. It really blew my away.

historically i haven't gotten along very well with callaway drivers. but the epic max is changing that in a hurry for me. so it gets my vote, recency bias aside.

The 1st Driver that I fell in love with was the X2 Hot....

And I’ve been a Callaway driver guy ever since...

It’s the one currently in my bag, the Epic Flash SZ

I’ve only had 2 and always regretted giving up my 04 Big Bertha Titanium, but it doesn’t hold a candle to my favorite Mavrik Max driver! The forgiveness is unreal.

Not sure what it was called exactly, but for me it was the Big Bertha that had the red headcover with the silver stripes. I loved the 3 wood also.
I had a Kuro Kage shaft in mine, and I hit that thing out to places I haven’t been since. (in fairness, my SS has fallen off a cliff since then because... old. 😢)

Mavrik for me thus far.

GBB Epic SZ is my favorite and current Callaway driver. I'm really close to trying something new...

My favorite while I had it was the Great Big Bertha Hawkeye with a Pro Force shaft.

Agree about the Epic Max LS my favorite ever. Looking back I recall really liking the FT IZ. Long head different shape not everyone liked it but I remember hitting some bombs with it. But the Epic Max LS is the clear winner for me and I've played a lot of Callaway drivers.

XR16 hands down for me, and I mean that in a totally personal fit and comfort perspective. Not in terms of tech because it’s been WELL passed.

The XR16 was a great driver in it's day, but my choice is very easy to make, Mav Max is just plain awesome.

B21 and Rogue Draw for me (still upset I got rid of that one).

Mav SZ

I’ve only had two Callaway drivers, and there’s a big gap between the original Big Bertha and the Mav Max! Mav wins hands down, although the Bertha was spectacular for its time.

GBB Epic SZ. Easy to hit and had a good sound.

Epic flash.

my first true gamer and THP win. Still in the bag to this day. I flirted with others....haven’t tried Maverick nor new Epic.

But first loves are powerful.

Epic Flash. The newer models might have some improvements but I haven’t even felt the need to try anything else. Not going to mess with what is working.

Loved the XR16

Only played 2 rounds so far with Epic Max LS but early indications it checks more boxes than my previous Epic Flash SZ. The SZ was long but the Max LS is just better in all attributes.

The Deuce -- what an awesome golf club. One of my all-time favorites.

Back