UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

This is very cool. Is this the first LIN-Q black I have seen? I seem to recall seeing perhaps Red, White and Blue models on their Instagram a few weeks ago. Graphics seem revised as well from the tour protos. Is there anything you can share on new LIN-Q model range or when more info might be coming?
This is in now with there TSPX (Tour Spec) line of fitters is what I was under the impression of it is an incredible feeling shaft. It’s a low/low shaft which shocked me as I would have never even entertained the idea of tinkering with something like this before Danny told me to give it a try.

This is very cool. Is this the first LIN-Q black I have seen? I seem to recall seeing perhaps Red, White and Blue models on their Instagram a few weeks ago. Graphics seem revised as well from the tour protos. Is there anything you can share on new LIN-Q model range or when more info might be coming?
I believe we saw each color and a white in play during the weekend. Black is tour spec high end shaft out now. No swings needed with red and blue for me. Believe I was black from the start with only tweak being weight and length.

Graphics on this are top notch and balance makes this shaft feel lighter than advertised, albeit heavier than current setup. 7F4 for me.:UST:IMG_20210426_172237.jpg

IMG_20210426_092859.jpg

Game on :UST:

I believe we saw each color and a white in play during the weekend. Black is tour spec high end shaft out now. No swings needed with red and blue for me. Believe I was black from the start with only tweak being weight and length.

Graphics on this are top notch and balance makes this shaft feel lighter than advertised, albeit heavier than current setup. 7F4 for me.:UST:View attachment 9005610

View attachment 9005611

Game on :UST:

WOW. You guys got Set. Up. Black tour spec high end? Yes Please. Those graphics are outta sight.

#ShaftUp

Got to say the new graphics are a bit busy and confusing. Strongly prefer the old ones.

Got to say the new graphics are a bit busy and confusing. Strongly prefer the old ones.
I can see that... But it kind of is seen as an evolution of the brand... Next level

Love those new graphics :love:

I think they look phenomenal in the black.

Just as I start craving the chance to hit the new ones I finally got my hands on a LINQ Purple 6F4... right now it's about +1/2" longer than my standard driver length so I'll give that a try first and then see where to go from there.

Just as I start craving the chance to hit the new ones I finally got my hands on a LINQ Purple 6F4... right now it's about +1/2" longer than my standard driver length so I'll give that a try first and then see where to go from there.
Enjoy the purple! Still a winner!

Enjoy the purple! Still a winner!
One range session in the books this morning and not sure what to think. Seems like every time I actually take time to go to the range it's friggin windy. I put it in the Epic Flash and the Speed. Didn't dislike it, just don't know what to think yet, other than I for sure want to try it in a fairway wood too.

Dodging showers the past few days to hit some at the range to get a more consistent swing, this shaft is a great performer for my swing. Really enjoy the feel of it throughout and especially at the transition. Is a really smooth feeling shaft that doesn’t feel “boardy” at any point.

I'm curious how the new one plays, it sure does look fantastic to my eye. The version I got last year has been fantastic paired up with my B21.

purple is now with my club guy to get cut down to standard driver length and regripped... looking forward to trying it again soon

I'm curious how the new one plays, it sure does look fantastic to my eye. The version I got last year has been fantastic paired up with my B21.
I haven’t swung the purple or gunmetal but the TSPX Black feels incredible not stout in anyway to where you can pick out spots in the shaft and by no means whippy where it feels like you’re loosing the club head in the swing if that makes sense. It feels smooth in the swing all through the shaft and performs great.

I haven’t swung the purple or gunmetal but the TSPX Black feels incredible not stout in anyway to where you can pick out spots in the shaft and by no means whippy where it feels like you’re loosing the club head in the swing if that makes sense. It feels smooth in the swing all through the shaft and performs great.
I think that was always a constant struggle with others was whippy VS too stout... This one is stout but with the perfect feel of loading and unloading. A flex that allows you to swing for the fences and maintain control.

So we are back in business... Shaft felt great and diverted great precision throughout the swing. Had a great day out on the course and feels great to attack the ball.

TSPX made for a great lunch time date... I think this shaft was at fu performance today... I got into a groove to the point I heard someone next to me mutter something after I hit my drive. Pretty sure it was a my goodness... Who knows. The way this shaft feels throughout the swing is phenomenal! Figured out how to slow back swing and speed through impact that allowed me to feel exactly where head was all throughout.

Be aggressive and be rewarded!

I am guessing mine is the blue that you saw? I'll be getting out to the range in an hour or so to hit some more with it. I'm launching it a little lower than I like and have also noticed the ball seems to dive a little. Maybe the spin is too low? The rollout has been really good though. I had about a 270 yard par 4 that was playing into a pretty stout wind. I blistered a low baby draw. It dove a little but landed and almost rolled through the bunker and onto the green. I'm guessing with no bunker it probably rolls out into the 285-290 range. The next hole was playing downwind and 300 yards and I hit a little higher ball that was pin high on the left. Guessing with out the slope of the green and rough it rolls out another 10-15 yards. Overall I'm really liking the feel as it's not to stiff but also not whippy. A couple of the guys at my club felt it before I put the head on it and said they thought it felt really stiff and asked if it was an X-stiff. Usually I was worried about that as I don't like a very stiff shaft but I was pleasantly surprised by the feel.
1620941462976.png
1620941478989.png

I am guessing mine is the blue that you saw? I'll be getting out to the range in an hour or so to hit some more with it. I'm launching it a little lower than I like and have also noticed the ball seems to dive a little. Maybe the spin is too low? The rollout has been really good though. I had about a 270 yard par 4 that was playing into a pretty stout wind. I blistered a low baby draw. It dove a little but landed and almost rolled through the bunker and onto the green. I'm guessing with no bunker it probably rolls out into the 285-290 range. The next hole was playing downwind and 300 yards and I hit a little higher ball that was pin high on the left. Guessing with out the slope of the green and rough it rolls out another 10-15 yards. Overall I'm really liking the feel as it's not to stiff but also not whippy. A couple of the guys at my club felt it before I put the head on it and said they thought it felt really stiff and asked if it was an X-stiff. Usually I was worried about that as I don't like a very stiff shaft but I was pleasantly surprised by the feel.
View attachment 9007685
View attachment 9007686
I like the black but that blue is a head turner . The blue looks awesome especially in A mizzy head.

View attachment 9007685
View attachment 9007686

Wow, that Blue! That is awesome.

The shaft is about 1/2 inch shorter than the Cobra Speedzone I’ve been hitting the last couple months. I think I’m making more consistent contact. Here was 5 shots.
79FC7A0D-1BF5-482E-97B2-0FADB0A11949.jpeg

View attachment 9007685
View attachment 9007686
So for someone’s who’s been a little out of the loop lately, what is the story with the new graphics? SPX version?

The shaft is about 1/2 inch shorter than the Cobra Speedzone I’ve been hitting the last couple months. I think I’m making more consistent contact. Here was 5 shots.
View attachment 9007711
So you playing 44.5 like me? That is same feeling I'm having less swiping at it but need to eliminate toe, move closer I assume due to loss of length.

Back