JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc. announced today that its current financial sponsor, KPS Capital Partners has signed a definitive agreement, through an affiliate, to sell TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., to Centroid Investment Partners, a Seoul, Korea based private equity firm. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I hope this gets more quality products in the market.

What do we know about this Centroid group?

despite all the star power under contract, I haven't been the least bit intrigued by any taylormade stuff in awhile. Interesting to see if anything changes.

Interesting. Will be very interesting to see where they go from here.. investment groups could be very hands off and let them run or totally micromanage them..

despite all the star power under contract, I haven't been the least bit intrigued by any taylormade stuff in awhile. Interesting to see if anything changes.

the sim stuff is really good. The MC irons are as good as any other players cavity. Putters and wedges are meh..

I've always liked their woods, but irons have never done much for me in terms of looks. Curious to see what the future holds.

Wonder if this will lead to a sort of involvement like TE on the Champions Tour on the ladies side as most of there top players are from Korea. Hope at some point the hot potato will stop and they will stay with a single parent group or stand alone.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that KPS Capital Partners wants to sell TaylorMade Golf, which it acquired in 2017 from Adidas for $425 million

Is this an equity group to equity group transaction? Is that common?

Cool, I have been very impressed with the P irons and the Sim line has been very good. Haven't tested the sim 2, but would imagine it is solid. Just surprising that it is to another private equity group....

Interesting. I hope it works well for TM. I don't want them to fail.

I really liked the look of the P770...

The Sim2 woods are very good imo. I stepped away from them for a while because I wasn’t a fan. I really hope their iron game improves though. I hit the P7MCs a few months ago and thought they felt terrible. I like my P760s but the distances are very inconsistent which I heard is similar for the P770s

the sim stuff is really good. The MC irons are as good as any other players cavity.

Better than imo. TM doesn't get a lot of love here, but they have plenty of good products out.

Better than imo. TM doesn't get a lot of love here, but they have plenty of good products out.

Their players irons are great. The woods are great. I think they only lack in the putter and wedge areas.

I think their gear of late has looked quite good, and the star power certainly doesn't hurt - those guys seem pretty happy. Hopefully this goes well for them. I think of TM and Callaway as the hardgoods equivalent of "too big to fail", but I guess no one is really big enough in golf for that to be true.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that KPS Capital Partners wants to sell TaylorMade Golf, which it acquired in 2017 from Adidas for $425 million
This year has been extremely successful for the golf industry, so this move makes sense. Buy low, sell high. Be interesting to see what Centroid has in the cards.

Has to be a lot of $$'s for sure.

What is it about TaylorMade that seems like they have been sold several times in the last few years?

I hope they find some stability and this works out in the long run. They’ve had a stellar run the last couple of years and I hope it continues.

Back