EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Just saw the quick Callaway live video on Instagram with Xander at the ECPC... that place looks incredible..😍

It is. As immaculate as ECPC is, some of it is the aura. Knowing that you're working with the same folks that the pros work with, in the same spots, on the same range, is really cool. Snickerdog is right, the walk up is surreal. After everyone gets pics next to the entrance sign, the walk really signifies the beginning of the meat and potatoes of the Grandaddy. Dinner and the presentation the first night is absolutely amazing, but at ECPC is where you get to start the entire process. Hard to find words to really describe it.

I’ve always wondered if Phil or maybe Xander would randomly show up at ECPC when Team THP is there. This forum goes nuts during the RFC sightings so I wonder how it would get if any of their staffers showed up.

There were two Euro tour players there during our fittings. Not sure who they were, but they were kept away from us and our picture-taking phones. :D It sounded as if they were non-Callaway staffers who were testing Cally gear.

For the previous GD participants; Are you still playing the clubs you were fitted into or have you upgraded to newer models or changed to a different brand?

For the previous GD participants; Are you still playing the clubs you were fitted into or have you upgraded to newer models or changed to a different brand?
My entire bag is still from The Grandaddy fitting, with the only exception being my driver. What’s funny about that is I won that on a THP contest through Instagram. I did switch out the shafts so my Grandaddy shaft is in the newer driver so I’d say 13.5 out of my 14 clubs are from it still.

Still playing fairways, hybrids, wedges and ball.
Irons changed,
Putter is still a Toulon.

The only GD clubs that I'm not currently playing are the Jaws wedges. There wasn't anything wrong with them, and I'll still use them occasionally, but just really like the RTX4 wedges.

I’m still playing my Apex 3 and 4 hybrids from my 2015 fitting. Driver, irons, wedges and putter have all been updated to newer models, but similar specs.

Won my match play yesterday 3&2. Should have been 5&4, but a missed putt and hooked drive delayed things.

the best part is getting used to the pressure coming down the stretch, excited to have several more match play events this year leading up to the Grandaddy!

Oh, and one more plug for how amazing this group is so far! 😍

It's a beautiful Thursday with a new Grandaddy Contest! Get in there folks!

Can’t wait for a new teammate!

New teammate time!! Get in!!!

Who doesn't love Grandaddy contest days.

New teammate coming up.

Going back to Cali! Curious question for the hopefuls. You’ll have a few days with the team behind one of the biggest brands in golf and IMO, the best. What questions are you looking forward to asking that team? Anyone in particular you hoping to spend some time learning from?

Going back to Cali! Curious question for the hopefuls. You’ll have a few days with the team behind one of the biggest brands in golf and IMO, the best. What questions are you looking forward to asking that team? Anyone in particular you hoping to spend some time learning from?
Being honest, it would probably be a deer in the headlights experience for me. I'm sure questions would come up after some of the shock wears off 😆

I love the techy R&D questions about why certain decisions and processes are followed. Probably a lot of that.
Stories about the pros from the people who deal with them.
Working to convert Luke to team blade.

I hope to spend time with all of them at some point, get to know their story and role in the company that puts on the greatest amateur golfing experience in the world.

Back