Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if getting a response like that from Fuji will put pressure in CC to take care of it? Maybe if @e1iterate gets that same response and replies "yeah but CC already brushed me off" it'll get some traction, especially with the poor publicity
I'm still trying to get traction on what happened here, but did CC really brush him off?

They have a policy in place that clearly states the condition of claims.
They engaged with Fujikura who declined a warranty claim.
They offered a discount despite Fuji's decision.

It sounds like the only company here that needs to be pressured would be Fuji.

Reading many of these replies I must ask this question again, should CC eat every shaft that is broken in a place where it’s normally not a fault of the shaft??????
This is a valid question. And I wonder, what the mark up covers between the retail cost of the equipment and the cost paid to CC. If that mark up is significant - and from I am reading and my own experience, it does seem to be, then I would have to suggest that they might do just that - eat that cost. Now having said that, I assume there are just not many breaks where CC can't be paid back by the component manufacturer. Some cases yes, but most - I suspect that the manufacturer will replace so then it's an even smaller subset of damage that CC would be responsible for.

The fact that their policy is everything is sold "As-is" makes me even more wary of repeat business with CC.

I think this speaks for just about anywhere nowadays. Too many people lie to get free crap replaced that was their fault and eventually it screws those that are being honest about it.
Yeah, this is the real truth and why I mentioned previously how much easier it has to be for a club company to review a head to determine cause of break vs a shaft company who has SO little to go on.

The fact that their policy is everything is sold "As-is" makes me even more wary of repeat business with CC.
As a business where do you draw the line at what you eat? I know there is no correct answer for this as it varies business to business but if you eat to many things you will not be in business long.
I must say again I am not accusing @e1iterate of abuse because I know him and is not a club abuser and is a stand up guy.

right, customer returned a shaft to exchange, lets put it in this $1000 'new' build.
Well, just the fact that I can buy the exact same setup direct from the OEM minus the Puring process for at least 20% less, and, knowing the OEM who made my driver, they would try harder than CC has appeared to in this case if I had an issue 2 months in.

A premium price comes with a reasonable expectation of premium service.

Sure, I get that. This is also the first I am seeing about a potentially faulty shaft so I'm curious to know what kind of frequency this kind of thing has for them.

But I can also understand why a reseller wouldn't warranty when the component company themselves wouldn't honor it. To me it starts at the source and moves outward.

Yeah, this is the real truth and why I mentioned previously how much easier it has to be for a club company to review a head to determine cause of break vs a shaft company who has SO little to go on.
Either way, with the shaft. Someone or a group of individuals have screwed the pooch for everyone else moving forward.

The markup on shafts is enormous - somewhere between Fuji and Club Champion, they should be able to come to some sort of an agreement here.
I would bet that CC would have to buy a certain number of product in bulk to get a discount, and then house it while it's not being used. Can you imagine the amount of inventory they would have with the wall of product they offer?

I think it'd be awesome in a perfect world, but is it even remotely feasible?

As a business where do you draw the line at what you eat? I know there is no correct answer for this as it varies business to business but if you eat to many things you will not be in business long.
I must say again I am not accusing @e1iterate of abuse because I know him and is not a club abuser and is a stand up guy.
Of course there has to be a calculation to it, and each business has to treat carefully, you can't smoke your own supply as they say.

But look at this thread, @e1iterate was a repeat customer who won't buy a club at a premium from them again. I am wary of repeat business now, as well as others.

Regardless of who is at fault, it looks worst for the one who is accepting payment from the end user.

I don't think that is what anyone is saying. But they should at least appear like they give a snot about their customer.
They offered a discount I believe
I'm not sure that was the entire story. I thought @e1iterate said they told him he could buy another shaft at full price (which surprises me) before circling back with a discounted price. Maybe he can confirm what they said?

Of course there has to be a calculation to it, and each business has to treat carefully, you can't smoke your own supply as they say.

But look at this thread, @e1iterate was a repeat customer who won't buy a club at a premium from them again. I am wary of repeat business now, as well as others.

Regardless of who is at fault, it looks worst for the one who is accepting payment from the end user.
I agree with you there, it’s a really fine line to walk though.
mad to shafts 25 years ago I worked in a pro shop and every shaft that was broke at the tip we got covered any shaft that broke in the middle was never covered. That was a long time ago though

I'm not sure that was the entire story. I thought @e1iterate said they told him he could buy another shaft at full price (which surprises me) before circling back with a discounted price. Maybe he can confirm what they said?
I think that is exactly what he said in the first post.

Hugh end boutique type place operating on high margins, you’d expect better service.

I'm sorry, but what good does a statement like this do? Do you have any idea what Club Champion's margins are? I'm sure they do well, but speculating like they are printing so much money that they should honor every warranty claim that gets denied by the original manufacturer is reaching pretty aggressively.

Sure, I get that. This is also the first I am seeing about a potentially faulty shaft so I'm curious to know what kind of frequency this kind of thing has for them.

But I can also understand why a reseller wouldn't warranty when the component company themselves wouldn't honor it. To me it starts at the source and moves outward.
I agree with this point, but knowing this what would be the incentive to buy from a reseller who is selling for premium prices? This would seem to imply CC is priced well out of the value they provide.

I'm definitely more in the camp of Club Champion should replace the shaft and deal with Fujikura. There the ones that can threaten to stop selling the shaft etc. They have far more leverage. To me this is no different then buying a car. Technically, Ford or whoever, is building the car from a variety of manufactured parts, some theres and some not. If something breaks in the bumper to bumper warranty you take it back to ford. You don't deal with the manufacture that made the specific part that broke.
I understand where you're going with this but you would be buying a Ford F-150 so it is Ford's end product regardless where other parts came from

In this scenario the customer did not buy a Club Champion Ventus shaft. It is a Fujikura Ventus.....I dunno enough about shaft building but id guess Fujikura sourced graphite or other materials from other companies as well? But it is Fujikura's product so the issue should be Fujikura's

If there is a defect in the Bridgestone tires that came on that Ford F-150, are you asking Ford to replace the tires because they built it or asking Bridgestone?

And just want to reiterate I believe CC should at least help get in contact with Fuji

Last edited:
I agree with this point, but knowing this what would be the incentive to buy from a reseller who is selling for premium prices? This would seem to imply CC is priced well out of the value they provide.
The price is premium because the product is premium. CC buys components separate of heads, and then prices them together because there's no better way to do it. The value is in their build tolerances, allowing the customer to get exactly what they want in a fit they were looking for.

So far as I can tell, that service was provided.

I'm sorry, but what good does a statement like this do? Do you have any idea what Club Champion's margins are? I'm sure they do well, but speculating like they are printing so much money that they should honor every warranty claim that gets denied by the original manufacturer is reaching pretty aggressively.
I don't recall saying that they should honor every claim that the component manufacturer denies.

When doing a direct comparison to cost for my exact club builds, it was a 15% premium, once you consider that CC is charging you full retail price for the driver, even though you aren't getting the stock shaft with it. And you're right, I don't know what their margins are, but the perception is there that you are paying a premium for a superior product and for superior service.

I'm very shocked that they suggested he pay full price for a replacement. It makes no sense.
And that is also what baffles me, and is not the premium service I would expect. At worst, sell it to him at cost. It costs you the labor of the build, but you've retained a repeat customer.

I'm still trying to get traction on what happened here, but did CC really brush him off?

They engaged with Fujikura who declined a warranty claim.
They offered a discount despite Fuji's decision.

It sounds like the only company here that needs to be pressured would be Fuji.

I agree, fuji would get pressure and then IF they respond saying "contact the place you bought from" (like they did in that other Twitter image where someone's broke) then he can reply that CC was no help or that fuji will work with them to replace it

Well, just the fact that I can buy the exact same setup direct from the OEM minus the Puring process for at least 20% less, and, knowing the OEM who made my driver, they would try harder than CC has appeared to in this case if I had an issue 2 months in.

A premium price comes with a reasonable expectation of premium service.
I have a couple thoughts on this;

1- How many examples have we seen on THP where OEM specs (loft/lie/swingweight) not align with expectations?
2- How many examples have we seen on THP where an OEM offers a better replacement experience on a shaft that has snapped in the middle?

Finally, I am definitely curious to the exact price of this experience. I would hope the process included their 'fitting free with purchase' special they had going on. It does interest me what the price variance is. I think this was a Cobra Driver at 450 + the 240 dollar upcharge on the shaft + tax if purchased through the website.

I agree, fuji would get pressure and then IF they respond saying "contact the place you bought from" (like they did in that other Twitter image where someone's broke) then he can reply that CC was no help or that fuji will work with them to replace it
Well, in CC's defense, they were of help, it was Fuji where it stopped being helpful (based on the story we've been told).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back