Got Kona home from the Vet last night, He's doing well, just some soreness around the two injection sites, and a bit low on energy, which is probably a good thing. The Vet said his chest x-rays looked good, and being young, strong, and in pretty good shape, other than the heart worms, give him a really good outlook for a full recovery. It;s going to be an interesting month, we can take him on leash walks as long as he stays calm and doesn't get the heart rate up, which should be easy enough around here, but we can't let him outside here at the house unless we take him out on leash, so potty breaks have to be supervised. We have about 1 1/2 acres fenced, which would normally be his playground, but just can't take any chances that he decides to chase a squirrel, or a neighbor's cat, and gets the heart rate up too much, so its on leash whenever he's outside.

We are pretty sure the reason Kona ended up being available for adoption was that his original owners couldn't afford the treatment for heart worms (usually about $800 - $1000 per dog) , so they dumped him and another dog that were both heart worm positive at their county shelter. On the one hand its terrible that he has this potentially deadly condition, prevention is so easy, and not at all costly, on the other hand, the original owner's negligence brought him to us, and we will do whatever it takes to get him through this.

The only thing better than dogs are people that treat them well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy needs a haircut. I don’t know how my little girl would feel about it though
2c793a9dee1ad7b9e585d8f99135e842.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2109DFE-8DA4-447F-91F4-67938BFDE55F.jpeg414957EB-4209-4A9D-8A45-C2BA2C0CD328.jpeg5BCC7F5C-99AD-4B2D-9A21-C50F8D718CB4.jpegC85AC8E7-F3BA-443E-B312-888E894614A3.jpeg

This is Annie and Dilly. We got Annie 6 years ago and Dilly about 10 months ago. I was concerned with getting a 2nd dog but they are best buds and it’s made it easier on us. As you can see my wife likes to dress up our kids...

Put up our crappy little wire garden fence and Luna immediately jumped off the deck and got stuck in the bed. This will be a learning experience for the dummies.
5A043D8A-66D0-4261-BC48-CD324745DC27.jpegB5AF48EB-0490-485B-A854-630CC90971C3.jpeg

A perfectly good use of a gorgeous golf day
20210601_101718.jpg

My daughter took this picture of Wally and I thought it was kind of cool.
5A246A60-F44B-45A6-815E-B78BCE755B43.jpeg

Kona in one of his favorite spots, on the back deck looking down over his property ...

Kona_01s_06-04-2021.jpg

Kona: "Hey, you know there are cats down there in my yard?"

Kona_02s_06-04-2021.jpg

Me: "Yeah, but no chasing them off for a couple more weeks."

My daughter took this picture of Wally and I thought it was kind of cool.
View attachment 9011393

Great Pyrenees? I had 1 when I lived in California and he was such a nice dog but he always got out and when to the neighbors to hang with their Springer. Both got out and were poisoned by another neighbor. We bought him at a Petsmart meet and greet and they had him listed as a mix with a Golden Retriever because he had some gold/tan and not all white.

Great Pyrenees? I had 1 when I lived in California and he was such a nice dog but he always got out and when to the neighbors to hang with their Springer. Both got out and were poisoned by another neighbor. We bought him at a Petsmart meet and greet and they had him listed as a mix with a Golden Retriever because he had some gold/tan and not all white.
He's an English Cream Golden Retriever. The white/cream color throws a lot of people off all the time.

That's terrible about your dog. There's a Great Pyrenees that goes to doggy daycare worry ours sometimes and it's a really cool dog.

Anyone here use the Halo collar? Or something like it?

Anyone here use the Halo collar? Or something like it?
We tried the Halo collar for our girl after she lost her eye sight. It was not good for her as she kept banging into things and the Halo eventually pushed up above her head too much.

I think every dog is different and for many the halo will work. Our girl just couldn’t adjust to it, so we took it off her.

Our biggest issue was the halo was not built correctly for a Bulldog body. She had such a large chest that requires a large halo, but such a small body length that the halo never fit right

We tried the Halo collar for our girl after she lost her eye sight. It was not good for her as she kept banging into things and the Halo eventually pushed up above her head too much.

I think every dog is different and for many the halo will work. Our girl just couldn’t adjust to it, so we took it off her.

Our biggest issue was the halo was not built correctly for a Bulldog body. She had such a large chest that requires a large halo, but such a small body length that the halo never fit right
She was a beautiful girl.

Luna and Cheyenne went to the vet today. They still do not like the vet. They both pooped inside the vet office. But we got the lab work and vaccines done and they didn’t throw up in my car! Training is going well, but socializing is not going as well. Ugh.

Heartworm negative and mistrustful of the furniture repairman!
32860FD8-FE36-4EFF-91EF-BF61B4202027.jpeg

Getting a new puppy this next Monday. I'll update with pictures then. She's a Corgi...one of my favorite breeds. We have two rescue's, both girls, both are Chaweenie's....Sassy who's 7 and Pepper who's 5. Then my best pal, Bolt. He's a Corgi and he's 5. Can't wait to get the new pup!

Kona has been great throughout his heart worm treatment, a little over three weeks behind us, nine more days until his checkup, and hopefully be able to go off the "quiet and calm" restrictions. He is obviously feeling better, has a bounce back in his step, and we can tell he wants to run and play when we have him outside, but he is never off leash when outside until he gets cleared by the Vet.

Kona_04cs_06-04-2021.JPG

Kona sacked out .....

20210619_114420.jpg

This guy is so goofy. He just turned two a couple months ago and his personality is continuing to change. His current mood is very noisy and very needy.
911B7142-28F7-457D-8905-A2BB1140641E.jpeg

Came home from golf yesterday and shortly afterward my setter came from out back with his front foot pad absolutely SLICED wide open and bleeding good! We cleaned it the best we could and wrapped it up.....blood kept coming so we were on the verge of a 1 1/2 hour drive to emergency services when I got it to stop. Just dropped him off at my vets this morning for cleaning and definitely some stitches.

Happy Father's day....:rolleyes:

Dropping Maverick off tomorrow morning for what is hopefully his last surgery. For having a FHO done on the right side a little over a month ago, you'd never know with how much he wants to play and jump up and down off the couch. At least he'll have pain pills to keep him knocked out for a while, its not easy keeping him from moving around. He even paces in his crate.

The wife got me this custom ball marker for Father's Day, with Kona's picture on it ...

index.php

That photo isn't too good because the ball marker is so small, here's the photo she used for it .....

index.php

Back