After days of containment, lobo just can't stay couped up anymore. First walk this morning since getting the snip on the 9th. Vet says one more week of healing before he can go out for long walks.

After days of containment, lobo just can't stay couped up anymore. First walk this morning since getting the snip on the 9th. Vet says one more week of healing before he can go out for long walks.
The "twins" go in for theirs in about 3 weeks. I think our household is about ready for that.

The "twins" go in for theirs in about 3 weeks. I think our household is about ready for that.

I should have done it earlier cause my god it's been insane trying to keep a husky balled up inside the house. God speed having both done at the same time. If they offer sedatives, take them....and get some for the dogs too.

Reggie escaped last night and the wife didn’t notice. I realized this morning about 9 hours later. After an hour of sheer panic, he showed back up on our deck dirty, but unharmed.
302CB80C-7C96-4115-A853-0A7DBFF0F4AC.jpeg

Just out for a little adventure. Cat being cat.....
He was definitely a little too pleased with himself when he came back in. He also looked terrified outside, so hopefully we won’t be making a habit of this. We already have an appointment to get him microchipped.

Two days out from his second FHO and Maverick was trying to run down the hall yesterday. We're working almost as hard to keep him from moving. He has trouble getting up, but once he does we have to keep an eye on him to keep him from getting too excited. If his month of recovery from the first one is any indication, he's going to be a menace when he gets fully healed.

Lol “just a bit spoiled”. I would have posted this sooner but i had to bring her breakfast in bed ( and go back upstairs to get the empty dish) before i leave for the office. View attachment 9014446

She is beautiful. That face

Kona officially got his clearance from the Vet today, heart worm negative, and no more physical restrictions! :twist:

One really happy dog!

1624754816838.jpeg

We’ve had Remus for almost 2 years and he got stuck here for the first time today…
690A0DFD-63CD-48AD-91C1-97ABE7E213C9.jpeg

I just found out my dog has a large mass in her abdomen that may or may not be malignant. Vet says it looks to be off her spleen and masses like it are usually a blood cancer which means it has probably metastasized. If it continues to grow it could encroach on her lungs and heart. Cancer or not, the vet said, as large as it is, any surgery would be very high risk. If she survived, the likelihood of a good quality of life is low.

She's such a good girl. I f'n hate this.

I just found out my dog has a large mass in her abdomen that may or may not be malignant. Vet says it looks to be off her spleen and masses like it are usually a blood cancer which means it has probably metastasized. If it continues to grow it could encroach on her lungs and heart. Cancer or not, the vet said, as large as it is, any surgery would be very high risk. If she survived, the likelihood of a good quality of life is low.

So sorry to hear this news. :cry:

Very sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, hoping for a miracle.

So sorry to hear this news. :cry:
Very sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, hoping for a miracle.
Thanks. I’ve been a mess. I’m a crazy dog guy and this hurts.

Our vet is sending all the images to a surgeon at the Mississippi State Vet School for a second look and more detail on what we’re looking at.:cry:

Thanks. I’ve been a mess. I’m a crazy dog guy and this hurts.

Our vet is sending all the images to a surgeon at the Mississippi State Vet School for a second look and more detail on what we’re looking at.:cry:

Positive thoughts for good news being sent your way.

80’s today , 90’s tomorrow gets tired and hot on walks so my daughter got her a dog stroller and she loves it.
Both of my dogs are too physically challenged to go on long walks. I've wondered about getting a child carrier that will attach to a bicycle. Trouble is, those carts are not built for 150lbs of weight.

Who am I kidding... I'm not built to pull that much weight on a bike.

IMG_0038.JPG

Maisie has started her second (and final :facepalm: ) season , with nipples and swellings galore. Three months until neuter, and I will be so glad. Only a basset could suffer from PMT.

Here is my boy Trouble ready to go play golf with me

cdd4b4da986b6b8e773c01f29f2a2c2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love Golden's, Best Dog on the planet. They spend their whole life waiting for you to get up and then say to you "what can I do to make you happy". Miss ours every day.

Back