Turned my RadSpeed 7W up to 23.5* just for grins. I pair it with an F9 3H, and will be testing a G425 5H, figure those three might gap well. Hit is well today other than one semi-buried rough lie. The 3H is the better club (for me) in that situation. I can hit that thing out of most any lie. The 7W needs a bit better circumstances.

I snagged my Srixon Z355 7w several years ago when it was on clearance for next to nothing, and it is in my bag to stay. Since I only hit my hybrids about 4 feet off the ground I need something to get the ball in the air, and the Z355 does the trick.

But I carry it and a 3h for different situations. The 7w is great off the tee. I tend to hit it laser straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis Oost.. has a 7w in the bag and claims it’s his favorite club. I may need to look at one.

Right now i've dropped the 5 wood. Again it proved to be too hot at times so its been benched (probably permanently).

I grabbed a 3H for the time being, but the 7 wood still has me super intrigued. I played a bit last year with a 21* hybrid and while that worked, it kinda lacked pop at times and made the gap to 3 wood kinda suck.

Ping and Titleist seem to have pretty popular 7 woods so maybe i'll have to find one in the future and give it a try.

Just added a 7wd to my setup this year! I actchanged my setp from 4wd and 4h to a 4wd and 7wd with no regrets! I did like the 4h as I think they are a very versatile club for different lies over a fairway wood button far so good.

My other set of clubs has all three fairways, 3wd, 5wd and 7wd.

I use an older adams 7wood, so easy to hit. Next club down in my Wilson d7 5 hybrid. Gap might be a little small for some but the hybrid for me is a club that I can fly a green with. The 7 wood is largely for tight tee shots, 2nd shots where I need to be on the fairway. Each to his own, no right or wrong

I added one towards the end of last season, has been the perfect club for long par 3’s. I’ve never had success with hybrids, so it is a nice alternative.

Love my Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood.

Have played a 7W for many years and will have one in my bag this season.

Well my previous post hasn’t aged well. Though my 7 wood has been solid I am replacing it with a 21° utility wood this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing this thread brings back my Morgan Cup bag. I gave the 7 wood away to one of the teammates. I am super curious about a 9 wood now. Not sure why I would do it over a hybrid but I’m curious

Seeing this thread brings back my Morgan Cup bag. I gave the 7 wood away to one of the teammates. I am super curious about a 9 wood now. Not sure why I would do it over a hybrid but I’m curious

High capper here with a really slow swing speed. For the 2023 season I am going with lofted fairway woods, rather than hybrids, because the shots I hit with the former are more consistent (smaller dispersion) and have more height and thus hold greens better (based on Shot Scope and Trackman data). In particular my 9W (23*) and 11W (25*) are two of the best clubs in my bag because they are really versatile.

I went from 3h to 7w because I couldnt get a good consistent ball flight on the 3h. I would often miss with a low hook. 7w gives me a nice high ball flight that i could hold a green from 200 for those situations. Will it work for you? Maybe, all our swings are different but it nice to have options. Who knows, down the road my swing may change just enough that I can no longer hit 7w and prefer the 3h. It’s a finicky game for us hackers!

High capper here with a really slow swing speed. For the 2023 season I am going with lofted fairway woods, rather than hybrids, because the shots I hit with the former are more consistent (smaller dispersion) and have more height and thus hold greens better (based on Shot Scope and Trackman data). In particular my 9W (23*) and 11W (25*) are two of the best clubs in my bag because they are really versatile.
My only concern is ballooning. I'm sure they are forgiving.

I’d be willing to try it if I could find a head shape that I am comfortable looking at. The 21° UW would be the closest thing I’ve really considered, but I’ve never really liked hitting a 5 wood so it’s been tough to give serious thought to an even higher lofted wood when I can still get enough stopping power with a 20° hybrid. I’m also not playing any courses that are us open level of firmness

My only concern is ballooning. I'm sure they are forgiving.

For shots into the wind, ballooning can be an issue, however both are pretty easy to flight down, believe it or not. I simply move it back a bit in my stance and grip down slightly swing more like an iron. Last week I hit a 125 yard shot over water pin high.

Here is a video of Michelle Wie flighting hers:

For shots into the wind, ballooning can be an issue, however both are pretty easy to flight down, believe it or not. I simply move it back a bit in my stance and grip down slightly swing more like an iron. Last week I hit a 125 yard shot over water pin high.

Here is a video of Michelle Wie flighting hers:

I do not possess her abilities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am a high ball, high spin player. I've built my bag around keeping the ball down. King Tec hybrid is the only club in this loft range that I don't hit 40yds high.

Began using a 21 7 wood with a 3HL Combo 16.5.

It serves as a 5 wd. Instead of the old 7 wd of 41 inches, it is 42 in and the 3HL is 43 inches.

I"ll be going back to a 7w this year after many years trying hybrids and even trying a 5w last year as I just don't get along with hybrids. Turns out that I just hit the 3 and 5 woods the same distance so I don't really need both. Was debating between 7w and 3utility iron, but I think I've decided on the 7w.

I"ll be going back to a 7w this year after many years trying hybrids and even trying a 5w last year as I just don't get along with hybrids. Turns out that I just hit the 3 and 5 woods the same distance so I don't really need both. Was debating between 7w and 3utility iron, but I think I've decided on the 7w.
Utilities can be much more difficult to get proper launch conditions. Miss a little with it and its dead. Miss with the 7w and still have a chance.

Utilities can be much more difficult to get proper launch conditions. Miss a little with it and its dead. Miss with the 7w and still have a chance.
Yeah that’s why I decided 7w over 3utility. I used to really like mi Ping eye2 3i is the reason I was thinking of going with the utility

I have been thinking of adding the 7 wood into the bag. Went on a trial for the 5 wood, and cannot miss with that thing, so accurate and consistent . Plus its going 3 wood distance as well while keeping me in the fairway. Last summer there was 4 holes in a row hitting the middle of the fairway to the point I was told by my playing partner " is that a magnetic ball attracted to the 150 yard pole" 7 wood is something, I believe would be a great addition into my bag, help my game lowering the score by a few shots.

I swapped out my 2 hybrids last year for a 5 wood and 7 wood and am really happy with the results. I am getting the same distances and even a few more and I am loving the ball flights and accuracy improvement.

Back