Gloves During Club Work?

For years I wore rubber gloves while doing grips and clubs and I realized over the last few months, I haven't done so. Yes I know working with epoxy and chemicals I should be, but for some reason, I haven't put them on. Odd considering there is a box directly below the grips in the Tech Studio.

I was curious if was the only one because I am going to make conscious effort to use them moving forward again.
Id say it depends just how much club work you are doing. If I were doing club work 8 hours a day for a living, you can bet Id be wearing the gloves all the time because long term exposure to chemicals like that can do a number on your hands.
My father worked as an auto mechanic for over 40 years and never wore gloves. Long term exposure to motor oil did some long-term damage to the skin on his hands and now that he's 75 years old, the skin on his hands always peels. He went to a doctor about it one time and the doctor basically said theres nothing that can be done at this point. So, yeah, wear your gloves.

I pretty much only do grip work so no I have no need for gloves.

I use nitrile gloves as the epoxy can be messy!

Epoxy I don't really care about, but lead tape/tip weights, acetone, and grip solvent I'll have them on. I do my club work in one of my job trailers right now, so there's always plenty of disposable gloves ready to go.

Only gloves I wear is welding gloves when I handle a freshly torched iron head of heat-gunned metal wood.

I don’t, but should. I wear nitrile gloves for all kinds of other stuff but it never crossed my mind when it comes to building clubs.

Definitely along with a mask and googles when using a chop saw on graphite shafts.

I’ll be honest. Haven’t ever worn gloves while doing club work. But I try to minimize my use of chemicals to rubbing alcohol (to clean) and lamp oil solvent to put grips on

When I was big into radio control car racing, I used electric motor cleaner and brake cleaner a lot. Those did a number on my hands including some really bad eczema all over the tops of my hands.

I use gloves if I'm going to grip more than one club.I also use gloves when I clean my firearms after a range trip.

Back