New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Lets see some pics!

Silver that is coming out and some black marks on sole from I dunno what
16249935738237054949896279839036.jpg

More wear through sole

16249936566134185196383372519295.jpg
Face with some toe hits. Some black marks but Cu holding good.
16249937323826063587950353402156.jpg

No idea what that black line was from but seeing some silver specs on 7i face.
16249937955277269649553005508337.jpg

Good news today. Saw the Ortho Dr. about my left hip issue. No joint issue but the tendon that goes down the outside of leg, over the hip bone, has got real hard due to age and is rubbing on the hip bone. Cortisone shot in the tendon and good to go. Playing tomorrow with the new copper beauties. SO looking forward to playing them. Almost to pretty to hit them, but will.

Alright, alright......ALRIGHT. Our men's club tourney was today. Had time to hit some range rockets before teeing off. Took the 9 iron and PW out and after warm up exercises started with the PW. Very good results with it and the 9 iron. First hole had a 5 iron to a back pin. Slightly off the toe but flew great and ended up mid green. The rest of the day was a great time with these new copper beauties. Slightly longer than the former (now) gamer Mizuno T Zoid Comp EZ irons, great high & straight flight and very good stopping on the greens with the new Pro V1 ball. I LOVE the impact feel and sound. Cobra did a GREAT job on the feel with the forged face that curls under to the front half of the sole and the foam inside the head. The sound is GREAT also. Couldn't be happier with these irons. Looking forward to playing again Friday.

Second round today and lovin these irons. Impact feel, sound as well as height and distance is GREAT. 18th hole is a par 4, hit the drive into a fairway bunker. Ughhhh..... Hit a great 8 iron out of it but, marked the sole. Looks like I could use 2 degrees flat judging by the scratched copper on the toe side of the club.

7 2 21 8 iron.jpg

No round today because of rain, but got a lesson in this morning. These still feel so good and perform very well. Much better than my swing deserves!

Two observations for me:

1) Not sure about the grips I selected (totally my fault, my preferred grip was out of stock so I went with another close one). My hands are slipping on them (humidity and Houston temps don’t help!)

2) These have a very neutral path. If you are used to a draw or fade bias club these will go straight on you

No round today because of rain, but got a lesson in this morning. These still feel so good and perform very well. Much better than my swing deserves!

Two observations for me:

1) Not sure about the grips I selected (totally my fault, my preferred grip was out of stock so I went with another close one). My hands are slipping on them (humidity and Houston temps don’t help!)

2) These have a very neutral path. If you are used to a draw or fade bias club these will go straight on you
Which grips did you order?

Which grips did you order?

Golf Pride Tour Velvet. In non-Houston conditions I’m sure they are fine. I typically use Golf Pride MCC +4 as they are easier for me to keep my grip on them

Golf Pride Tour Velvet. In non-Houston conditions I’m sure they are fine. I typically use Golf Pride MCC +4 as they are easier for me to keep my grip on them

I got the tour velvet align grips. We'll see next week 😎

How are people finding these clubs for consistency/feel/sound? Had a fit last week and tried these, the fitter dismissed them pretty quickly!
He sent the data from the fit through and I've been looking over it, compared to my irons(TM PSI) I'm a neutral to -1 down on a 7 iron so I present a lot of loft.

Better ball speed 118.6 SD 0.7
Slightly longer carry by 4 yards 164.8 SD 1.8
Slightly lower launch 24 SD 1
Slightly lower spin 5800 SD 200
Steeper decent angle 52 SD 0.8
Same height ft 125 SD 3

But the std deviation on all the set of 10 hits were all very low for me. Has me thinking maybe we should have revisited them in the fit.

So far I’ve been pretty happy with the consistency of them. If you are getting a standard deviation of 1.8 that seems pretty right to me.

How are people finding these clubs for consistency/feel/sound? Had a fit last week and tried these, the fitter dismissed them pretty quickly!
He sent the data from the fit through and I've been looking over it, compared to my irons(TM PSI) I'm a neutral to -1 down on a 7 iron so I present a lot of loft.

Better ball speed 118.6 SD 0.7
Slightly longer carry by 4 yards 164.8 SD 1.8
Slightly lower launch 24 SD 1
Slightly lower spin 5800 SD 200
Steeper decent angle 52 SD 0.8
Same height ft 125 SD 3

But the std deviation on all the set of 10 hits were all very low for me. Has me thinking maybe we should have revisited them in the fit.
Feel, sound and consistency all superb for me. In fact they are by far the best feeling irons I have ever hit, they give you feedback on the quality of the strike but have so much forgiveness built into them you wouldn't believe it from looking at the size. They launch high and fly far and straight - no going back for me!

Feel, sound and consistency all superb for me. In fact they are by far the best feeling irons I have ever hit, they give you feedback on the quality of the strike but have so much forgiveness built into them you wouldn't believe it from looking at the size. They launch high and fly far and straight - no going back for me!
I feel the exact same way. I've been playing my set for over a year and absolutely love them, plan on keeping these in the bag for a long time.

So good to hear.

So good to hear.
I've got the copper set on the way as well, so really looking forward to those. I've gone for a much lighter shaft this time, so interested to see the differences. Just incredible irons all round.

I've got the copper set on the way as well, so really looking forward to those. I've gone for a much lighter shaft this time, so interested to see the differences. Just incredible irons all round.

Be interesting to hear about the shaft difference. What shafts are going to be in your newer set?

Be interesting to hear about the shaft difference. What shafts are going to be in your newer set?

I'm in the KBS $ taper again this year, but going from 120 to 90. I always felt that the 120 seemed too heavy so decided to go for the more lightweight option this time.

I feel the exact same way. I've been playing my set for over a year and absolutely love them, plan on keeping these in the bag for a long time.
I too am most happy & impressed after only 3 rounds with the copper. Great impact sound & feel with high/straight results. You can feel & tell an off center hit but it still goes to the target

Anyone else seem to get more love than they deserve off the toe with these? It almost becomes a regular occurrence per round that I miss one or two off the toe that still catch the front corner of the green.

Anyone else seem to get more love than they deserve off the toe with these? It almost becomes a regular occurrence per round that I miss one or two off the toe that still catch the front corner of the green.
In al honesty, I get more love out of these than I deserve across the whole club! Hitting it slightly fat and thin still gets up there, only if I hit a real howler am I punished. The starting direction is all on me though haha

Shot of the evening at league play tonight is a toss up. It’s probably the 8 iron to kick in range from 155, but I think the one that will stick with me the most is the low cut I pulled off around a tree after the fairway wood put me in a bad spot.

With as much as the 5 iron has been long and high, I’ve been wondering how workable it can be. After keeping the ball under the branches and then curving back into the fairway for about 180 yds, consider me impressed. The combination of being able to hit that shot, while being able to get up and go, is going to be hard to beat. Been great getting these dialed in the last two months.

I took a couple swings with a Forged TEC 4i today for the first time in a while.

Tons of fun. So many good things about these clubs. It was really great to reminisce.

Seeing the marks on the bottom of the 8 iron after hitting it out of a fairway bunker, that looked to be too flat, I decided to see what the lie is. Painters tape on the soles of the 5, 7 & 9 irons and a piece of very thin aluminum on the garage floor. 3 swings with each iron and the results look to be on the money lie wise.

5 iron
7 9 21 5 iron.jpg

7 iron
7 9 21 7 iron.jpg

9 iron
7 9 21 9 iron.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

First thing to say about these is the obvious - they are stunning! Not one picture in this thread can do these justice, they are absolutely beautiful. Coming from the standard Forged Tecs, I kind of knew what to expect, but I had gone for a much lighter shaft this time. Previously I was in the KBS $ Taper 120 shafts, and whilst I really enjoyed them, I almost felt like I was fighting the weight of them sometimes. These are in the $ Taper Lite shafts, which is a considerable drop - around 30g. Hitting them on the range, the difference was obvious, I was launching them higher with less effort and no major drop off in distance. The only slight adjustment was that I was leaking them right a little, but again the ball position fixed that. I think it will just be a few rounds before I fully get used to the new weight.

The feel of a well struck shot with these is phenomenal, completely soft and as if the ball isn't even there. Whilst the profile doesn't scream forgiveness, these irons are so deceptive in that they are more forgiving than you would imagine. Even mishits aren't punished too badly, and hitting slightly fat or thin doesn't punish too much. Goes without saying that a howler of a shot will still cause a howler of a result but them's the breaks! I have loved playing these for the past season, and can't wait to continue the journey.

Back