1. mancest

Fashion or item you laughed at, but then turned the corner on and loved?

So I am going to preface this by saying I don't think there are any clothes that will make me actually look good, so comfort, function and least crap looking are the order of importance... In that vein, I laughed at the jogger pants that came about. Being a short fat man I don't need anything...
  2. mancest

FS: Callaway Mavrik 3+, Callaway Epic forges 6I-GW

Let’s call this the shelter in place sale, won’t be playing for at least a couple weeks so no need to have extra clubs. 1st up Mavrik 3+ (13.5*) w/Aldila NVS Orange 65S shaft, it is 1/4” short of standard, 43” ordered direct from Callaway. Has the Mavrik orange Lamkin grip. Hit maybe 12-15...
  3. mancest

Chostochondritis, anyone ever deal with this?

So I have been lifting weights regularly for the first time in a long time and I have seen some series benefits including helping alleviate some shoulder pain, but last night after a good workout I had some chest pain right by the sternum on my right pec. Nothing to make me worried about a...
  4. mancest

Favorite bets/wagers?

The recent podcast and subsequent thread between @JB & @golfunfiltered has me really excited. I like it when stakes are something other than money (that is fun too) and in the past on this forum I have wagered my facial hair against another members facial hair, my forum name for a year as well...
  5. mancest

The Ignore feature is phenomenal

Just FYI, the Ignore feature of this new forum is easy to use and works fantastically. I have used it myself to avoid posts that I don't care to see, and I am sure some have used it on my posts to not see something. I think it gets overlooked so wanted to remind people of it.
  6. mancest

Slow play: could caddies be the solution?

So in our continuing solution to trying to fix slow play, could caddies/forecaddies be the answer? You have what is basically an employee (think most are independent contractors but they are paid by the course) of the course with every group, they are helping give reads, find balls and club...
  7. mancest

Visio putting aids

I have purchased a couple of the visio putting Aids myself (the Mi template and the gates) then we got the putting mirror as well at the Odyssey Experience. I really like the gates, the Template I don't find myself using much and I finally busted out the mirror last night..... and I am a big...
  8. mancest

Callaway Tour Authentic Line

I have tested out Callaway Apparel before and it has been hit or miss, was lucky enough to get one of their new premium Tour Authentic Polos and man it is a big hit in my opinion. Super soft, breathable and look sharp. Will add some photos in the next post, but am definitely going to pick up...
  9. mancest

Favorite non golf athletic shoes?

Couldn't find a thread on this, if there is Mods, please merge. I am not exactly fashionable, but I have some sneakers that I like. When I was in college the Adidas Rod Laver and stan smith were really popular, then I found the Puma GV Special... I had several pair and they were comfortable...
  10. mancest

2017 Cleveland Golf Stand bag Review thread

Couldn't find a thread on this bag, but 6 of us lucky THPers got one of these at the Gamechanger this past weekend (1 went with the cart bag). Will get some photos up shortly, but so far I am very impressed with this golf bag. I have been on the search for the perfect bag, and this one is as...
  11. mancest

Nor Cal Crew outing at Carmel Valley Ranch 6/9 or 6/10

Trying to get our peeps in Nor cal together again at a great course in Monterey. https://www.carmelvalleyranch.com/golf/carmel-golf-course NCGA price is $98, while it is usually $180 for day play and $165 for resort guests. We can bring non NCGA members as guests for the same rate so if you...
  12. mancest

What do you do with the crappy tipper?

Yesterday one of my friends and I played in a NCGA and got paired up with a couple interesting cats. One guy was quite pleasant, but had a consistent habit of moving around when others were putting, including being very close to them. The other guy.... well I would call him a hat for donkeys...
  13. mancest

Michelle Wie WITB Winner 2018 LPGA HSBC

Figured I would do this for the LPGA winner because I stayed up to watch this finish, and also because her bag set up is FASCINATING! Driver: Callaway Rogue 10.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X 60x 3W: Callaway GBB Epic 15* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X 5W: Callaway Rogue 19* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X 7W...
  14. mancest

WTB: Cobra Connect Grips (sensors imbedded)

Looking to find some of the Cobra Connect grips ideally with the sensors. If anybody has bought the clubs and doesn't plan to use the arccos/cobra connect hit me up as I will buy them (looking for up to 13 if I can find them). Thanks in advance!
  15. mancest

#Bag Battle 5I/H spot in the bag

So in my quest to find the right club for me in the 5I/5H spot I have brought in 4 contenders to figure out which is the best option. Quickly about me: slow swing speed, not great swing and have been working on the swing for quite a while, and plan to keep working on it. Have an 11.3 GHIN...
  16. mancest

Cleveland Game Changer Travel Thread

for us lucky schmucks who got into this, trying to get the ball rolling. Since we are playing at Talking stick I think that would likely be the best place to stay. Direct at the resort is $590 for 2 nights with 2 queen beds (or $245 a person if someone wants to bunk up). Going to check around...
  17. mancest

FS: steelhead xr, cobra Pur wedge, Hogan VKTR & Cally Umbrella

Trying to organize some items that aren’t getting any use at the moment. No real trade interests but if you have something you think I would like let me know. All prices are delivered using priority mail and OBO. 1) Callaway Steelhead XR 15* 3W w/Fujikura Pro green 72 R shaft and Lamkin uTx...
  18. mancest

Lahiri to Callaway?

Just got a notification that both #Chad and Harry Arnett followed Anirban Lahiri.... Another significant signing if they do add him.
  19. mancest

Super Dave Osborne: AKA Marty Funkhouser

I am listening to a podcast where Bob Einstein is on, and I am laughing my butt off. He is telling stories of Super Dave and Curb your enthusiasm. I loved the Super Dave show when I was a kid, and he is usually my favorite part of Curb episodes (him or leon). His stories and jokes are just...
  20. mancest

Jack Grace shoes

Has anyone tried these out? https://www.jackgraceusa.com They have a pair of shoes for $69 for black friday (regularly priced at $119). I will probably pick up a pair to test out but curious if anyone else has heard of or checked them out?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in