1. C

Divot tools

I have a couple of Pitchfix (https://www.pitchfixusa.com/product/original-2-0-red/) tools with the switchblade pop out that I like because I don't stab myself as often reaching into my pocket. My favorite one has the RPI hockey logo on it (a friend played there and gave it to me). I am equally...
  2. C

Let’s Go!

You are a lot nicer than me. I would buy him a new ball but not swimming in a pond at a golf course for it.
  3. C

How many bags do you own?

I have a few kicking around the house. My primary bag is a Ping Moonlite. I like super light carry bags. I also have an older Sun Mountain Swift which I use when it is going to rain or I am in a cart. In the house I have a very old Cobra tour bag that I store a bunch of crap. I also have a...
  4. C

Heading out on a vacation

Scotland, Ireland, Bandon, Cabot are all on my list.
  5. C

Choose Your UST Mamiya Shafts

I would want to try the 95 protos and the wedge shafts. I have never used anything but stock wedge shafts and would like to try them.
  6. C

How much do you take from seeing other putts?

Speed is obviously important but I will take as much information as I can.
  7. C

Let’s Go!

I guess it isn't worth it to me to strip down to my undies on the golf course for a golf ball.
  8. C

Who do you want to play with?

Given those three selections I picked better than me. That is how you get better. That said generally I don't care that much as long as people play reasonably quickly. I am a 4 index at the moment. Generally I play at my club with people within 5-7 strokes of my handicap. Most of my games...
  9. C

Let’s Go!

Not sure why you would go after one golf ball. Was the kid out of balls?
  10. C

Covers on irons?

Hard to carry that bag. I don't use iron covers either. I find them annoying and a pain. The irons don't get banged up that bad and I keep my irons for a couple of years anyway so resale isn't my primary thought. Fairway woods are painted and more fragile so I get that but your basic iron...
  11. C

Help My Find My 14th Club

Maybe a 58 would be better than 60. I never loved the 60 but do like the 58 a lot. I 5W might work but would there be overlap with the 3 hybrid usually they cover about the same distance.
  12. C

How do you fill your foursomes?

I used to be this way always solo or maybe a twosome if my son was around. I recently joined a club and love that I am building a network of golfers for regular games. To me that is one of the huge benefits of being a member sommewhere.
  13. C

New CNCPT Irons from Titleist

I would spend the money but I would not buy a set of iron covers. I would have to pay them for 3 years though or my wife would kill me.
  14. C

Let’s Go!

Good luck to him. Hopefully this will fuel the fire.
  15. C

New CNCPT Irons from Titleist

I play with a guy who has the CNCPT 2s in his bag and he bombs them. They look real good at address as well. $500 a club is a lot of cabbage though.
  16. C

heading out to play do you....?

I don't play it ahead in my head. I take it a shot at a time.
  17. C

Moved up a tee box today

You still need to get the ball in the hole. Have fun with it.
  18. C

How good are cheap clubs? Like $150 cheap.

Driver shaft can be an issue though. My son was using an older TM Speed something or other driver with a stock regular shaft and having a hard time keeping it on the planet. I got a new driver and gave him my Rogue with a stiff Evenflow Blue in it and his driving became much more consistent...
  19. C

What to expect from a driving iron?

How far can you hit a driving iron? For me it is 200-210 best case but I am not very long. On a 400 yard hole that still leaves a 190 yards or more into the green. If you have 7 lost strokes on average you are going to be better if you can hit something 200 yards and in play then get it up...
  20. C

Do You Remember All of Your Shots From the Round?

I can usually recall every shot from a round.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in