1. jim54

Orlando non-resort courses

I agree, it is just odd in spots and even from shorter tees hard to score on. Looks like i am going to try a couple of lesson out there with NIck and try to get a handle on things. So I maybe playing it more in the near future.
  2. jim54

Orlando non-resort courses

We Played Providence Golf Club on Sunday and it is in beautiful condition save for a couple of wet spots, around $45 depending on the time of day. If the rain gets over with I agree Celebration is a great but somewhat odd layout to me and they are proud of it price wise.
  3. jim54

Trying to Break 80 Club

Stinking double on my last hole today caused me to vlow a sub 80 round and the worst part is I hit a good drive that missed the fairway by maybe 2-3 yards and we never found the ball in foot deep rough. I was angry and blew the chance to save bogie.
  4. jim54

What's for Dinner?

Grilling some ribeyes, also got some fresh Cobia the wife is going to cook with lemon and capers. Argentina Red shrimp cocktail and all the fixings. The kids are coming over so we cook pretty big
  5. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

Better ball striking today 41/40 with a double due to losing a ball in the high rough just off the fairway. The wedges were better today, just need more time to adjust to the shafts. I am not convinced he needed to hard step these at all, but when I hit them well it is very good but I am testing...
  6. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I really wanted to wait for the proto FW's since well its says proto and I like the sound of it. But the guy that has fitted me for the irons and now these woods has earned my trust and I don't think he would tell me that if he knew different. He has learned I am quite crazy and once I am on a...
  7. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I always struggle off hard fairways with any iron, mine are adjusted 2* strong and 2 upright so the bounce is reduced a bit. I think it is more getting used to the new shafts more than any club or bounce issue. I am not a range rat and the 1st swing with these was a 7 iron to a pin lasered at...
  8. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I was fit into a Proto Driver and Gen 2 fairway woods last week, the fitter told me the proto fw's are loved by the woman on tour but not liked much by the men. Apparently they spin too much or something like that. He was not convinced they would come to market yet that is why I bought the Gen...
  9. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

The 1st round was interesting and the MMT 80 Stiff hard stepped are pretty darn stout. Put up a quick 42 /42 and had the usual mix of good and bad, the good were very good and close to a club longer than the Honma TR20 P (same lofts basically) the misses were very forgiving and it seemed I was...
  10. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

11. jim54

The 60 and over Thread

61, I carry a 7 wood for trouble shots and longer Par 3's it is just a fun club to hit.
  12. jim54

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I agree the process of getting the BGE fired up and the cooking is half the fun and a excuse for a cold beverage of some sort. Doing long cooks is just so easy set the temp and just add some water to the drip pan when needed. The local Meat market gets Waygu Brisket that I have been eyeing for a...
  13. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

FEDEX showed up at 7 pm so I did not open the box till this morning and the lengths are spot on and checking the SW on my cheap scale they are spot on there also. I don't have a loft / lie machine so no way to check that. If I can get the wife moving this morning and drop off the car I will try...
  14. jim54

What is your favorite Firearm?

Nighthawk Talon 1911 .45 custom
  15. jim54

Post a picture of your day

16. jim54

Do You Remember All of Your Shots From the Round?

Nope, once the peg goes in the ground the last hole is gone. Might be a age thing, there is no more room so any new stuff to be saved kicks out some older stuff. But oddly I can remember words to songs and artists from the 70's.
  17. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

But I see my order is in for the Driver and FW's so I can look forward to that in 10-14 days.
  18. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

Well I got so stressed I had to make a tito's and roses lime juice to calm me down
  19. jim54

I am desperate to make a putt so...

Oh sorry, Somehow I thought it was arm lock. By the picture it looks a lot longer
  20. jim54

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

FEDEX is killing me, the wife wants to go out for a Lobster roll and there is no telling when this guy is going to show up. I hate that they want you to sign for it and then won't even give you a time range. Just before the end of the day, which could be 8 pm tonight.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in