1. Scott F

What driver release most intrigues you?

I’m curious about the new Wilson Staff D9. At $200 less than a new Titleist, it could be a game changer
  2. Scott F

What’s for Breakfast?

Omelette with cheese, green pepper and onions with a side of hash browns. Coffee.
  3. Scott F

Worst Staged "Reality" show

If you look at these shows as reality based, not pure reality, they are easier to take. Even though I’m not a car guy, I enjoy the car shows like Fast and Loud. They have to add some kind of drama, like forced deadlines to make them more interesting. American Pickers has a lot of staged picks...
  4. Scott F

Would You Sacrifice Your Score....

On more than one occasion, when playing behind a group that just won’t let us play through, we’ve skipped around the slowpokes and missed playing a hole or even two. Therefore we’ve sacrificed our scores to keep us from waiting and getting frustrated by the inconsiderate players in front of us.
  5. Scott F

"Rugged" Laptop Recommendation?

My company used to supply us field service technicians with Panasonic Toughbooks. Mine got run through a 25ft long commercial dishwasher once and still worked when it came out the other side. It wasn’t open at the time. We treated them harshly and they help up well. I’m a Mac guy so I had no...
  6. Scott F

How long of a layoff does it take to impact your game?

If I miss more than a week, I start backsliding.
  7. Scott F

What is the secret to golf?

I started playing golf 55 years ago. Never had a handicap and have never ever had a time when I needed one. I don’t see how having a handicap is a secret to golf. If there is a secret, it is that having the right clubs is NOT the secret to good golf. I played this year with old muscle back stiff...
  8. Scott F

how old is your club brush?

I’ve only had mine about 6 months. I use it a lot. I use the nylon bristles on it to clean the spikes and bottom of my golf shoes too.
  9. Scott F

If you were a tour pro, where would you live?

I’d probably choose to live near mine or my wife’s family, or where I have some sort of connection with others I know.
  10. Scott F

Elbow issues? Does swapping to graphite iron shafts help?

I hope the OP’s tendinitis is gone with by now seeing it started over 18 months ago.
  11. Scott F

New Gear...what do you do?

I’ll be getting a new driver this year and it’s highly unlikely it will be a 2021 model. I’m also in the market for a GPS watch. I’m waiting for the new models to see what happens with prices and features
  12. Scott F

Jumbo grip on driver like Bryson?

I use oversize Lamkin grips on my driver and fairway woods which is the largest grip Lamkin offers. Feels great too me.
  13. Scott F

What is your go-to golf day?

I didn’t play on the weekends this past summer but I did use the range and practice green. Any weekday weather permitting Is ok with me.
  14. Scott F

Best Method for Learning?

I learned how to play golf in the 60’s without video, or launch monitors or computers. I got hands on lessons from my father who was self taught. We were pretty good, not scratch level, but not bad for weekend players. My learning was done at a young age and didn’t start with bad habits. From...
  15. Scott F

Playing The Back Tees

Anybody who does eye rolls after seeing someone hit a bad shot is someone who is going to do it no matter where you teed it from. Play from wherever you darn well please. Just keep up.
  16. Scott F

When An HIO Isn't A HIO

In a fun round, (all my rounds are fun rounds) I had about a 60 yard third shot into a par 5. Hit it very fat and left it way short. For practice, I dropped down another one, hit a perfect shot that went in. My partner was laughing at me. “Don’t you hate when you do that”. If I was keeping...
  17. Scott F

What club do you have in your bag the longest?

Mine is my Ping Anser putter I bought new in 1971. Only putter I’ve used since.
  18. Scott F

Spinoff: How Much Network TV Do You Still Watch?

I’m retired and during the winter with covid running rampant, I’m staying home nearly all the time. My tv is on a lot. I’ve tried most of the streaming services and haven’t found anything that I liked enough to pay extra for. By “network TV” are you referring to just the big networks of CBS...
  19. Scott F

Basement goals!

If I win the lottery, that setup would not be below ground but in its own separate building connected to the house
  20. Scott F

Pick the Super Bowl.

I don’t care who wins, as long as it isn’t the Packers. I’m guessing the Chiefs will be their opponent

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in