1. Paladin

2019-2020 College Football Thread

10-2 is where I expected Penn State to end up on the season. I didn't think one of those losses was going to be Minnesota.
  2. Paladin

2019-2020 College Football Thread

It helps that Sean Clifford is playing like hot garbage. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  3. Paladin

Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

Spieth or Fowler. Personally, I'd pick Rickie, but I understand if Jordan is the play.
  4. Paladin

Give This Hole a Name

Cemetery Ridge
  5. Paladin

What's your internet speed?

I run ethernet over power on this device and I get 50mbps up and down.
  6. Paladin

Pick a car... any car!

A Maserati Grantourismo in blue because I love them.
  7. Paladin

Pictures of the course

Champions Retreat is pretty nice. The whole time I was playing there this meme was floating through my head: Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  8. Paladin

PXG Layoffs

I disagree. Brands that successfully build prestige around the name can get away with more wallet-friendly options. To make a comparison, the Gibson Les Paul has several options less expensive than the Les Paul Standard, but the idea of a Gibson Les Paul carries enough weight that even if you...
  9. Paladin

What Course Are You Playing Next?

I'm playing Champions Retreat tomorrow. Should be awesome. Thank God I have a boss who likes golf as much as I do.
  10. Paladin

PXG Layoffs

As I mentioned earlier, it's entirely possible Parson's idea of the business model has changed. If you think your product is already the best, you reduce R&D staff and focus on a slower release schedule. If you think your message is out there and that message is good, you don't feel like you...
  11. Paladin

PXG Layoffs

Which isn't out of line with his explanation of restructuring, and also potentially fits with the idea of hiring 41 people. After all, I could cut 26 from R&D, marketing, etc. and hire 41 fitters and retail liaisons and demo day guys and call it restructuring, though I can't say that necessarily...
  12. Paladin

PXG Layoffs

I guess the way I read it was they hired a bunch of people to help open new stores and they either weren't what they were really looking for as part of the post-restructuring organization, or were temps from the word go. Do you really consider the people who stop working for you on 27 December...
  13. Paladin

PXG Layoffs

The idea that Bob is cutting bait on PXG bums me out. He said he didn't plan to make money on this venture, but I wonder if it's reached a point of unsustainability.
  14. Paladin

where are the par 6 holes ?

The recently defunct Turquoise Valley GC in Naco, AZ had a par 6 called the Rattler: https://www.insidetucsonbusiness.com/news/profiles/arizona-s-oldest-golf-course-is-home-to-the-par/article_ae9e9cb7-1949-5a76-8b4b-7275c6d07192.html
  15. Paladin

Do you take off your wedding ring or other rings when you play?

Nope, got a quality silicone ring with non-slip qualities, specifically the Zeus ring from Groove Life, and haven't looked back.
  16. Paladin

The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Anything flying that far oughta have a stewardess!
  17. Paladin

What State?

Doees Floribama count as one state or two?
  18. Paladin

Tell Us About Your Last Chip In

South Pointe on Friday with @M2Giles, I spent all day chipping like absolute trash. Found myself with a fluffy lie and decided to just flop it up rather than try to chip it down hill. Flopped it perfectly, caught a downslope, rolled in for bird. I should do that every time.
  19. Paladin

What To Give Away

A gap wedge. For whatever reason, my current 50° goes the same distance as my 54°. So I need a wedge that fixes the hole I currently have between 110 and 125 yards.
  20. Paladin

What State?

States I've played: AZ SC GA VA CA FL NC NY The problem is that most of what draws me to this or that state is destination golf, but actually golfing there is more likely to be public courses. I'm gonna say Wisconsin for its combination of beer, destination golf (Whistling Straits and Erin...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in