1. BigDill

Flu Season - Do You Get A Flu Shot?

Apparently flu season has come early this year. I usually wait until it starts to get cooler here in FL to get my flu shot, but this year I got hit hard and early. As I sit here on day 2 of Type B Influenza, it makes me regret not getting the flu shot on time. Do any of you all make it a...
  2. BigDill

Solar/Sun Sleeves - Worth it?

I have been playing one to two times a week on average over the summer and the sun has been beating me up, mostly on the back of my neck and arms. I have started sometimes wearing those fishing-style neck gaiters to protect my neck. But when it comes to my arms, I am getting clobbered by the...
  3. BigDill

Arsenic Found at Melreese Country Club International Links

Those of you outside of Miami may be familiar with the Melreese Country Club Miami International Links course. Its a really well maintained and very busy public course that borders Miami International Airport. When you fly into Miami, its the course you see as you land. I have played there...
  4. BigDill

I Remember My First Time...

I have been thinking a lot today about how much my golf life has changed over the last 18 months. I went from having played less than 10 rounds in my life to logging close to 75 rounds since then. I have met dozens of awesome people who share a passion for this game, and learned more than I...
  5. BigDill

Can a Rough be Too Rough?

Played another 18 today, and the course seemed to have very tall rough, including adjacent to the fairway. I have never spent so long on a golf course looking for golf balls within our group than I did today. Golf balls were constantly over 100% covered in the rough. I understand that the rough...
  6. BigDill

Jordan 11 Concord Golf Cleats - 10.5 $265

Long story short, I ordered these in size 10.5 and they are just too small for me. I have been holding on to them debating what to do, and I have come to the decision that they should go to someone who can wear them. They are brand new, as I just tried them on twice. I am looking to get...
  7. BigDill

FS: Bonobos Navy Blue Lightweight Pants - 34x30 - $30

I purchased these pants along with a few other things a month or so ago during the half off sale. Unfortunately, I underestimated my current girth and these are a bit too snug. I ordered a 35 as a replacement, so these need to find a new home. These are the lightweight pants (described as...
  8. BigDill

The Hard Sell

I went to a local and independent golf shop today to have my 4i and 5i p790s re-shafted from the TT DG120 s400s they currently have in them now to the stock DG105s s300s. I love the Dynamic Gold 120 shafts, but they were just too stout for these two long irons and I was having trouble getting...
  9. BigDill

Stolen(?) Package and Driver

What a crazy series of events.... :bulgy-eyes: So I ordered a 2017 Cobra King F7+ from DSG last week for a great price of $170 by using some coupons and a few score points. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday the 11th via UPS to my office. I was out of town for a wedding, so I asked...
  10. BigDill

South Florida Lawnmower

Hello Everyone. I am a South Florida golfer picking the game back up after about 4 years off due to career and kids intersecting. I have taken this opportunity to start updating my golf bag, and have just upgraded to Callaway Steelhead XR Pro (R-Flex Steel) irons, a Cobra King F7+ driver (S...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in