1. Plinyyounger

30 Pull ups a day for 30 days.

There is a great trend in here this year for peeps to get into or continue things to improve quality of life. So in that vain, here is another excercise challenge and it can be a hard one. 30 wide grip pull ups a day for 30 days. It will increase flexibility, back, shoulder, arm, grip strength...
  2. Plinyyounger

Long distance Moving company recommendations

Help, please. I need first hand recommendations for a long distance moving company. I have found that these people can be scavengers and I want somebody with first hand experience to recommend a reputable company. I have gotten several quotes but each and every company seems to leave the door...
  3. Plinyyounger

Minimalist living, who else likes less is more?

I have pretty much never been much of a hoarder, usually kept the clutter to a minimum. im taking it to a new level for my next move. I’m throwing out, or selling pretty much anything I havnt used lately, or associate with my past married life. It all goes, fresh re-start. It’s refreshing to...
  4. Plinyyounger

FS- 13-XXL Golf Shirts my loss (fat) is your gain!

Hi, I have 13 shirts. 1 pebble beach 4 Adidas 1 Black clover 1 Oakley 4 Ashworth 2 Chase 54 A few have been worn a dozen times, few only a couple of times, some once, and one never (black clover). All are clean and in great condition, no rings or anything gross like that. Im selling the...
  5. Plinyyounger

Too many tech decisions for average THP golfers?

Do you think the average THP golfer puts too much thought into: grips, shafts, head weights, shafts weight, grips size, driver degree, driver weight, hot melding, iron size, top line looks, iron weights, putter length, putter weight, putter alignment lines, head shape, driver shaft flex, iron...
  6. Plinyyounger

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Wireless Headphones

Has anybody tried these? I'm looking for a great set of sound canceling headphones for meditation, working out, and just shear escapism. I know there a ton of opinions about Bose, but I am hoping to hear from some of you who use their stuff. Thanks! P.s, I can get $40 off by using google express...
  7. Plinyyounger

Dicks Sporting Goods Sent me a Half Dozen new Taylormade balls

Got a package from Dicks 2 days ago which had 5 new Taylormade balls and a $5 off coupon for additional dozens of Taylormade, asking me to switch. Never asked for this, they just sent it to me. Prob because I used to buy my golfballs there in the past, not sure.
  8. Plinyyounger

French fries, yes or no, study says...

I love French fries, don't eat them much, but still like em. Study says what we all pretty much knew, they can kill ya, lol. Eating French Fries Is Linked to a Higher Risk of Death - TIME https://apple.news/AKtW86G_MRMWexTZEQaPZ6Q
  9. Plinyyounger

New Comcast Xfinity Mobile. Anybody try it?

Has anybody tried the new Xfinity Mobile system (Verizon)? I currently use ATT and have the original unlimited plan. The new Xfinity looks good, offers the same unlimited plan, tethering, calls, texts etc, for half the price. I currently pay $85 and the Xfinity is $45. Any experience and...
  10. Plinyyounger

Opinions, current PGA player HoF

Within the last year I have heard a top rated player discuss/mention during interviews his plan to make the Hall of Fame. What do you think about that? To be honest, I had never heard a current player in any sport talk about making the Hall of Fame in their perspective sport until very late in...
  11. Plinyyounger

New Years Polar Bear plunge

Does anybody else do this? I started the tradition with my son in 2004, we jump into the non heated pool and cleanse all the bad vibes from our souls. it honestly feels like I'm going to die every time I do it, but after getting out of the 40 degree water it feels amazing! Since I'm not...
  12. Plinyyounger

Screen shot of Xmas Movies

Post a screen shot of the Xmas movie you are watching! Here is Bing singing White Xmas in the movie with the same name. 1954! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Plinyyounger

Lg OLED TV's

Who has purchased one of these? I bought an LG 65 B6 recently and when used with Netflix and/or amazons 4K HDR content, I couldn't be happier! Had the Mr. Hicksta over and he was impressed too. Sony is is coming out with an OLED in 2017, I may have to check one of those out for the bedroom...
  14. Plinyyounger

Holiday, Xmas Meal, whatcha making/having, pics encouraged.

Whatcha having and or making for Xmas/Holiday? Post some yummy pics and/or your story about your traditions! As a single father with fam traditions from when I was a child, Xmas dinner is right up there with Thanksgiving! However since my time with my child alternates from one year to another...
  15. Plinyyounger

Srixon u65 Driving Irons

Bought two U65's the other day after buying a 20 degree U45 from a fellow THP'ER. The U45 is fricken awesome! I used it to replace my Mizuno mp-25 3 iron. I found the U45 very easy to hit, shaft is shorter then my Mizuno, ball flight is higher, but a little shorter. Because of my love for the...
  16. Plinyyounger

WTB Mizuno T7 56 degree wedge

Would like to try a Mizuno T7 56 degree wedge. Thanks in advance, pliny
  17. Plinyyounger

NorCal January golf together Jan 28-29 fun stuff!

This is the thread for our January 2017 golf outing. The scheduled dates are January 28,29, 2017. The goal is to get as many norcal'ers along with anybody else who wants to play to join us for a couple days of golf, and fun. Wives and fam are certainly invited, we will make sure to provide them...
  18. Plinyyounger

Anybody else tried "Texture?"

I signed up for Texture recently because I'm old and like magazines, lol. It is a service, app based where you get lots and lots (including all the golf mags) each month for $10. All downloaded to your personal device. Very very cool, works great, interactive articles, I can download old issues...
  19. Plinyyounger

Mancest of the NorCal crew is the man.

Recently we put on a NorCal get together in Folsom, I invited the guys to stay at the house to keep expenses down. It was a fun two days of golf and was affordable, just the way we wanted it. Mancest was on of the guys staying at the house and he was a delight along with the others. During...
  20. Plinyyounger

Opinions wanted, considering a move to NC

As the title says, I would love some opinions from NC locals or former NC'ers. Im retired in CA and am looking for another place to call home. Let me give you some of my interests/needs and maybe you all can help me find the right town! Not sure I want to live on the coast, not ruling it out...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in