1. Sooner21

First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

I'm just outside of single digits (hope to be actual single in the next two months) and got fit for DCB's. I learned to play in the Oklahoma and Texas wind, so I'm a natural low ball hitter. The DCB's on average flew 12' higher than the standard Apex and 10' higher than the Pros. I didn't have...
  2. Sooner21

QUOTE="Tenputt, post: 9900483, member: 42964"] Just curious whether there are any single digit indices playing a full set of DCBs. I'm just outside of single digits (hope to be actual single in the next two months) and got fit for DCB's. I learned to play in the Oklahoma and Texas wind, so I'm...
  3. Sooner21

20+ yr old but new golf balls - what to do with them?

Didn't one of our members in another thread say balls don't matter at all? Seems like you should just play them and you shouldn't notice anything different than the ball you currently play.🤷‍:eyepoke:
  4. Sooner21

CONTEST Win Some Travis Mathew Style!

I'm a big time TM homer. Heather Lichen Blue M
  5. Sooner21

Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Exact same position. I've been on in two more often than not since getting my MAV 4W a few weeks ago. It's so good.
  6. Sooner21

Hitting "into" the group ahead or hitting it "close"...

A fivesome? I'm sure a lot of people would've jumped in front of you.
  7. Sooner21

Does the ball you use really make a difference?

100% false. I can tell the difference in every single ball. Easily.
  8. Sooner21

Ecco S Three or True Linkswear Original?

I've worn both exclusively for a dozen years. TRUE without question.
  9. Sooner21

Do you talk trash on the golf course?

Yes. All in good fun, though. It's a sport and sports should have some trash talking.
  10. Sooner21

Which pair of True Linkswear should I get?

And they're one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.
  11. Sooner21

Which pair of True Linkswear should I get?

Do you have wide feet? If so I wouldn't recommend the LUX Knit. I have a few pairs and they're my least favorite due to being more narrow.
  12. Sooner21

True Linkswear TRUE Original 1.2

I wore ECCO's for about 10 years prior to getting TRUE's. For my feet there's no comparison - TRUE all the way.
  13. Sooner21

True Linkswear TRUE Original 1.2

I have a few pairs of True's - they've become my favorite golf shoe. Looking forward to hearing how this new version is.
  14. Sooner21

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Have you been to Woods to Wedges? They carry Srixon, but are sometimes behind the releases and don't stock for a couple of months after clubs come out.
  15. Sooner21

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I did this past week with the same fitter that fit me into my MAVRIK. It wasn't very close for me - after about 20 swings and three shafts he put it away and told me it will never beat the MAVRIK for me.
  16. Sooner21

All I have to say is Recoil Dart. Wow. I've played Recoil 95's in the past and have been back into my comfort zone with KBS 120's for the last couple of seasons. I got fit into the 75g Darts today and got a much higher peak, better spin numbers, better descent, no decrease in dispersion, and all...
  17. Sooner21

How Fast Are Your Greens?

Usually between 10-12. For tourneys/invitationals, etc. they bump them up to 13-14. One of the bigger amateur tournaments in the country is played annually at my course so they're usually pretty fast.
  18. Sooner21

Ben Hogan BHM02 Putter

I like it. I'm not an insert fan and like a top line. For the price point it sounds like a solid option.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in