1. KingsKraken

A club you’d be devastated to lose?

My SeeMore MFGP putter. Love that thing.
  2. KingsKraken

Golf Practice Net Recommendation?

Damn. That’s a bummer. Amazon.ca does sell some Rukket stuff too, but they appear to be out of stock on the Portable Driving Range.
  3. KingsKraken

Golf Practice Net Recommendation?

The Rukket Portable Driving Range is in your budget. It’s nice and sturdy with good netting. I bought one with the intention of using in a garage sim, before I realized that it really works better when staked down. Rukket has other styles as well in the same price range...
  4. KingsKraken

Do Dress Codes Bother You?

Sorry. That was a little rude of me. I just hit my limit of people in this thread implying I’m not aware that it’s my choice to conform or play somewhere else. I wasn’t saying it’s something that needs to be fixed. I was saying that it does turn some people off to golf, myself included. That’s all.
  5. KingsKraken

Except, that’s not what I said. I said that a venue has the right to enforce a dress code, just like I have a right not to patronize them if I don’t want to adhere to their dress code. I also said that I own golf pants and polos for when I want to play at a course that requires them. Way back...
  6. KingsKraken

Yeah. I already said that. 👆🏻
  7. KingsKraken

Thanks. I appreciate that you were open to understanding my opinion, even if you don’t ultimately agree with it.
  8. KingsKraken

Look, if a venue wants to put exclusionary rules in place, that’s totally their right. Just don’t act surprised when people say they feel alienated and excluded because of those exclusionary rules.
  9. KingsKraken

I would go to a restaurant with a dress code if my wife asked, or if I wanted to dress up any given night. I have dressed to the nines going out to eat but that was because I wanted to, not because someone told me I had to if I wanted to eat there. I’m not much of a foodie though, a greasy...
  10. KingsKraken

Golf is not a job for 99.9% of us, but regardless, I won’t work for anyone with a dress code either. It hasn’t prevented me from making six figures in a management role at a big company, nor have my full sleeve tattoos for that matter. Though my income may say I’m upper middle class now, I’ve...
  11. KingsKraken

More than anything, this is crux of it for me. I’m not the type to conform for the sake of conforming when no other legitimate purpose is being served. That‘s just not me. Where exactly did I say that I expect the whole sport to cater to me? Because what I actually said was in response to the...
  12. KingsKraken

No it’s not, but it’s not that difficult for you to mind your own business and ignore what I’m wearing either is it? I don’t care if you want to dress up. Why do you care what I wear? And you clearly missed the part where I said I don’t like wearing shorts.
  13. KingsKraken

It boggles my mind that people in this thread can’t see this. Golf’s dress code is a tradition that doesn’t deserve to be honored. I can afford plenty of collared shirts , and I hate wearing shorts. I even do own golf pants and polos for the few times when I want to play somewhere that...
  14. KingsKraken

A dress code literally excludes people who don’t want to conform to it, for whatever reason, for absolutely no good purpose. You can keep telling yourself that it doesn’t, while I, an actual golfer, tell you that dress codes and the attitudes around them make them feel unwelcome by a huge...
  15. KingsKraken

Honor and tradition. Give me a break. Dress codes in golf started as an exclusionary measure, and they continue to be one today. This article pretty much outlines my feelings on the matter, aside from the part about playing better in “proper golf attire“ which has never been the case for me...
  16. KingsKraken

I don’t like wearing collars and I don’t like the fit of dress slacks on my body. Golf pants are better than they used to be though. I will give you that much. Still, not remotely the most comfortable clothing I own though.
  17. KingsKraken

I think dress codes are completely stupid. Clothing doesn’t change the person wearing it one single bit. That person brings the same values and principles whether they are wearing jeans and a t-shirt or perfectly pressed slacks and a polo. As far as alienation, this thread right here has just...
  18. KingsKraken

Explain this question?

Is this really that confusing? The question is which type of pressure you’d rather perform under, the pressure to maintain/extend a lead or to catch the leader.
  19. KingsKraken

Cut Golf Ball Review Thread

I didn’t get my Cut Grey balls as part of this THP testing effort, but I had the same experience with the one sleeve I’ve opened and have been hitting in my garage. First strike with a wedge just tears them up. Unfortunately, I bought a bunch of them. Fortunately, I suck enough at golf that the...
  20. KingsKraken

Mile High Executive Course - 9 hole course I made in a city building video game I’m playing

I’ve been totally addicted to the city building game Designer City on my iPad for the last week. As soon as I unlocked the golf course tiles yesterday, I had to build a 9 hole executive course. Tile selection is super limited, but I still had a lot of fun making it. Combined with the airport...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in