1. thewilderside

Fiercely loyal to your golf ball?

Right now I've got some ERC Soft TT, E12 Contact, and Srixon soft feel in my bag. My game isn't in shape enough for testing so unless that changes I'll probably stay with the Srixon since they're the cheapest. If my game rounds into form and I find one is superior for me to the others I will...
  2. thewilderside

CONTEST Win This Laser

Huge thank you @JB and THP! This complete made my day!
  3. thewilderside

Cell Phones: Android edition

I've got the Samsung A51, basically a less tricked out S model. Considerably less expensive and it does everything I ask it to.
  4. thewilderside

Would you rather... (blow up hole related)

I'd rather be pleased with how I felt I played. If I think my game was good but I didn't score I'll feel much more confident next time out. I could certainly luck into a good round and leave the course thinking oh man I'm in trouble next round.
  5. thewilderside

Do you still mow your lawn?

Yeah I mow mine. I don't love it but can't justify spending the money for someone else to do something I'm fully capable of.
  6. thewilderside

GPS vs Laser

I just got Shotscope this year, and definitely like it. I can see a laser being really useful at times, but can't justify the money given how much golf I play (not enough) and how lousy my game is. Oh that bunkers 180? I'll take a 190 club and hit it lousy right into said bunker :LOL:
  7. thewilderside

What is your 59 watch?

Breaking 80 for me. In my younger years I could get to the low 80s but have never crossed that threshold into the 70s. Of course with my current game I'm not too worried about breaking 80 seeing as I haven't broken 100 yet this year (granted 0/1 but still).
  8. thewilderside

UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

I'm curious how the new one plays, it sure does look fantastic to my eye. The version I got last year has been fantastic paired up with my B21.
  9. thewilderside

Golf game concentration

I don't have any earth shattering insight for you but a break may be worthwhile. I'm a rabid golfer, I think about it and live it vicariously through others on here. That being said I don't get to play all that often. Even in a good year I'm looking at maybe 15 rounds at best? If I was...
  10. thewilderside

Does your first hole set the tone for the round?

It's a no for me. My game is average at best, to horrendous at worst. A birdie or par is certainly welcome, but my game will typically circle itself back to the median.
  11. thewilderside

tips for overcoming 'hit impulse?

Absolutely struggle with this myself. I have a tendency to stall out with the lower body after contact.
  12. thewilderside

White Driver Heads?

I really enjoyed my old R1. Until the B21 found it's way into my bag the R1 was the best driver I had played.
  13. thewilderside

Afizzle2100’s Grandaddy Prep Extravaganza

Hell yes bro, you're gonna kill this! Very much looking forward to following along 😎
  14. thewilderside

too much socializing on the golf course ?

I'm all for chatting it up. Played yesterday with a buddy, his dad, and another buddy's dad. We were busting balls, talking all sports, offering words of encouragement when needed, and on and on. I can't imagine playing a round with people I'm choosing to spend 4-5 hours with and not bsing...
  15. thewilderside

Golf is Hard

Sorry to hear that man, rest assured you're not alone. Maybe a break is necessary? I played the worst 18 holes of golf I've played in probably 10 years yesterday, but there was still a level of enjoyment from being outdoors with friends. Hope you get back on track soon.
  16. thewilderside

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

Rough day on course but did manage a birdie. 9 iron was struck a touch thin but just on the fringe in the back and rolled it in from 10 feet. Don't mind the pin on the pic, I didn't do great pin collecting with my shot scope.
  17. thewilderside

The best shot of the round

Doesn't look like much but despite being in fairway ball was well below my feet. After fighting shanks all day to put this one within 20 feet was the best non-drive of the day. Birdie putt didn't drop but a sweat free par was sure nice on an otherwise rough day.
  18. thewilderside

Worst shot of the round?

Pick any of the multitude of shanks from 80 and in today 😂😭
  19. thewilderside

2021 Round Count Thread

1 sim and 1st full round today.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in