1. WMac19

Is a 60-yard ace a real hole-in-one?

Absolutely, I say. But my answer is less than objective because my only HOI was also at an executive course (160 yards). I've read in the past that rather than others disputing the fact that it was one shot in fact holed, that it shouldn't count because the course offers 18 opportunities vs the...
  2. WMac19

Adapter separating

Usually the ferrule but a couple months ago for me, looked the same as your photo, the shaft snapped at the adapter. Just hit a drive, very well right down the middle. When putting the headcover back on, the head snapped off. Very odd in that the drive was very good and felt fine, the only...
  3. WMac19

Do you putt....scared?

I do. I'm generally a good putter overall but could be better if I weren't constantly guarding against the bad. Of course on my best days, there's no concern, no fear at all. On my worst, I'm pretty much a mental wreck. Was that way last time out. Missed numerous putts inside 5' and had a 25'...
  4. WMac19

Your Club Choice?

Standard 8-iron for me. Looks like a fun hole, very large green. Doesn't make an island green much less daunting at all but it does seem to offer a good yardage variance from front to back.
  5. WMac19

The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

Cleveland Cavers... so much better. This could've been their logo: [emoji33]
  6. WMac19

I'd Find a Way to Break Your Putter

I wouldn't take it as highlighting the equipment at all. It's just a roundabout way to say, "you're a darned fine putter of the golf ball." I mean, I've said similar rarely amongst friends and that's exactly what I meant.
  7. WMac19

Developing a fairway finder with driver

Reliability with driver has largely escaped me this year but it had long been a strength. When I want to hit a low fade, I tee it lower and a bit more forward in my slightly open stance (caveat being that I don't normally play the ball as far forward as most so this set-up probably just puts me...
  8. WMac19

Bubba playing 6,100 yard tees

I’ve no doubt that a PGA Tour pro would shoot in the 50s at my course. Perhaps giving a glimpse into that very real possibility/probability is that last year, the course record was set by our resident pro golfer, David Germann (7 tournament exemption granted to him on the Canadian Tour). He shot...
  9. WMac19

Which Ping Iron to get?

I'd absolutely wait for the new models coming out because they're limiting your options right now. Happenstance, not intentionally unfair, but it is still unfair to only choose from what's left. A highly regarded, supremely priced iron that you purchased, failed through no fault of your own...
  10. WMac19

Swing Thoughts

Swing thoughts are maddening because the reality is, when playing well, they're gone. I'll have pre-swing thoughts but I'll shut off during the swing. But when not playing well, I've no idea if they're the cause or affect. Probably both. Because when I don't think during the actual swing...
  11. WMac19

The best shot of the round

It was a terrible round. My best shot was, get this, a layup into a par 5 with a 22° hybrid... after dropping to hit 4 following an OB drive. No kidding. But I flushed the snot outta that layup. [emoji1787]
  12. WMac19

What did you shoot today?

41/36/77. Score could've been much better as I was striking the ball so very well. But I'll take it because I feel like things are finally falling back into place. Absolute pleasure to hit many solid golf shots. [emoji4]
  13. WMac19

Have graphite shafts helped your joint pain?

Earlier in this thread I commented about Prosoft inserts in steel shafts. Effective, but graphite being better. Well since, I had bought another set with Recoil graphite shafts (Smacwrap, supposedly with additional vibration dampening qualities). Through a couple rounds, I wasn't sold on the...
  14. WMac19

Putter Length

5' 9" also, probably average arm length wrt height, I dunno. 34" putter is my sweet spot and for probably 20 years now. But I have tried others occasionally. When I play longer, it can get hung up in my shirt due to my stance. Not terribly hunched, but I do tend to keep my hands closer to my...
  15. WMac19

Have you birdied every hole at your course?

I've probably played my course about 200 times now. I've birdied every hole numerous times, the least of which being #18, maybe only 4 or 5 times there. Eagled all the par 5's too but most have been on 2 of the 4 of them and by a wide margin. Best year was 2018 when I had 13 eagles in total...
  16. WMac19

Personal Best at easier course?

Variety is the spice of life, I say. Play where you want, when you want and for whatever reason. Golf can still be hard on an "easy" course.
  17. WMac19

Could you pull it off?

Absolutely not.
  18. WMac19

Course/Club shutdowns for maintenance/updates.

When my course installed new greens a few years back, rather than close, they remained open with temporary greens and silly large holes. For most of the time the work was being done/greens growing in, I was laid up with a back injury. Yet when I was ready but the course was not, I avoided...
  19. WMac19

In ten years who…..

Bryson's body will break down. Collin's so very deliberate and fluid, and he's won 25% of the majors that he's competed in. [emoji6] I just think his swing and approach will be more enduring than Bryson's. Edited to add... Commented before I knew of the Rahm addition. Between he and...
  20. WMac19

How do you get out of a funk?

Nearly 2 years now... I'll let you know when I know. Finally, some positive signs as of late though, so we'll see.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in