1. Daddio

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Noticed my home course had a few demos in when I played a few days ago. I actually liked the look and feel of the face but I arrived too close to my tee time to actually hit them. It's a new driver year for me so I'm sure I'll start testing these soon enough but we got a pretty decent amount...
  2. Daddio

How many thousands of dollars a year....

I play with some members who upgrade more than me (usually due to THP events) and some less. I've yet to meet an elitist in the 50ish THPers I've golfed with. Those that upgrade often are usually pretty savvy in the way they do so; trade ins, preowned, swapping with other members etc...but...
  3. Daddio

Name A State You Want To Play In!

Limiting it to just the four states I haven't traveled to I'd choose Montana. It's so scenic and authentic. I know nothing of the golf available but there has to be some visually stunning options. Besides, I'd be packing my fly rod too.
  4. Daddio

How many states have you played golf in?

I've been stuck on 29 for way too many years. ME, MA, MD, NC, SC, FL, NY, PA, MI, WI, OH, IN, IL, TN, MS, AL, MO, LA, KS, OK, TX, CO, UT, NM, AZ, ID, WA, NV, CA 4 of the states I still need share a border with the state I've lived in since 2005. Should be no excuse to add those easy ones, too...
  5. Daddio

Your Personal Top 10 Courses

Ozarks National - MO Greywalls - MI Prairie Dunes CC - KS Paynes Valley - MO Highland Springs CC - MO Indianwood CC - MI Buffalo Ridge - MO Highland Meadows CC - OH Paiute Wolf - NV Branson Hills - MO
  6. Daddio

2022 Round Count Thread

Got my first two in on Wed and Thu this week. Hoping to get in 125-150 again this year but am off to a slower start than usual.
  7. Daddio

The 150 Pole

Still pretty common around here. My three home courses have them as do many of the private country clubs and the expensive ($100+) daily fee and resort layouts. Their usefulness is now more an indication of where the center of the fairway is IMO as most golfers now use personal GPS and laser...
  8. Daddio

Do you practice chipping/pitching/bunker shots with gamer balls?

Always. Have a picker tube loaded with retired gamers that I use for short game practice.
  9. Daddio

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

No birdies yesterday, back to zero.
  10. Daddio

Championship Courses You Have Played

I think Pecan Valley in SA-TX is the only one that hosted any of the men's four majors (68 PGA, closest Arnie came to career slam). Sadly, PV no longer exists😢 Played a few others that hosted Champion's or LPGA majors like The Broadmoor East (CO Springs), Indianwood (Lake Orion MI), and...
  11. Daddio

Which of these 3 would you choose..?

Option 3. I'd choose option 2 if I didn't have an ace.
  12. Daddio

Play with 10 or 11 Clubs - Would your Scores Change?

Guessing I'd add a couple strokes a round at first but would likely adapt pretty quickly and ascend back to my typical mediocrity.
  13. Daddio

How close do you expect to get..?

Trying to get it real close, expect to at least get it on green, most should be well inside 20 feet.
  14. Daddio

What’s the number 1 reason you’re the handicap you are?

Relatively consistent approach game and tee game (albeit not long) keeps me comfortably where I'm at. I'd be significantly better if I seriously tried to grind out scores but I know I won't. It's all about the fun, looking forward to hitting the next shot well, and hopefully winning a little...
  15. Daddio

Private or Public Club ?

I was in your shoes a year ago. I had a great offer to join a nice private club, with excellent practice facilities, that would've saved me real money if I played 1/3 of my rounds or more up there. Kids are long gone, wife has other interests, so I wasn't going to use the amenities much, but...
  16. Daddio

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Dang, you married well
  17. Daddio

What do you use in the 4h/7W/driving iron/4i spot?

I've gone at that slot so many ways over the last couple years, 3 or 4 hybrids, GAPRs, hollow body distance 4 irons, Utilitiy Irons, heavenwood etc... but I really like where I landed for the last half of 2021. Been gaming a PING G425 4H there. It's the one hybrid, in all I've tried, that...
  18. Daddio

What do you view as Golf?

Same answer as most. Outside playing actual golf holes is golf, all the rest is something less than golf.
  19. Daddio

Annual Homeowners Policy Checkup

Thanks for the reminder, it's been three years since we re-evaluated, costs have sky rocketed recently.
  20. Daddio

How many clubs in your “regular” bag..?

Same here, wish the rules allowed more. When I walk it's with a pushcart. I'd go with less clubs if I carried, but I haven't carried in decades.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in